Any CMP garands come in lately?

mac1911

NES Member
Im getting very itchy waiting for my garand. Im looking at a early June delivery june 15th puts me at 120days since my DBU email. Just wondering how the current rifles are looking. I have also maxed out my 10case year limit. I am considering ordering 22 ammo from them also. By the time I get it, I may be out of the 4k rounds I have now!!

CMP is very back logged..be patient. I just received a M1 Carbine SG last week from a January order. Check the CMPs forum under the sales section there is a running "what Date are they on?" thread that should give you an idea how they are coming.

CMP is very back logged..be patient. I just received a M1 Carbine SG last week from a January order. Check the CMPs forum under the sales section there is a running "what Date are they on?" thread that should give you an idea how they are coming.

whoa a M1 Garand i thought they dont sell them anymore.....they are a couple grand

I ordered a case of .30 carbine on Jan 28, and it was reported as shipped yesterday.

Off topic, but

If you get a C&R FFL can you keep C&R weapons as "personal weapons" and not in the bound book or do all C&R weapons have to be in your ledger?

If you can keep personal weapons seperate, I presume you'd need to conduct a transfer for any weapon you recieved as a FFL and then wanted to make a personal weapon?

the way I understand it, if you where to transfer it to yourself, you would still have to log it in your C&R book. I understand it as this. If you hold a current C&R you must log all the firearms on the C&R list that you may buy or in your possesion. You would not use your C&R for purchase from CMP but if you have a C&R when purchasing you must log it. C&R allows you some freedom to purchase and have delivered C&R eligible firearms.

the way I understand it, if you where to transfer it to yourself, you would still have to log it in your C&R book. I understand it as this. If you hold a current C&R you must log all the firearms on the C&R list that you may buy or in your possesion. You would not use your C&R for purchase from CMP but if you have a C&R when purchasing you must log it. C&R allows you some freedom to purchase and have delivered C&R eligible firearms.

Any firearms you acquired before the C&R was issued do not have to be in your bound book. If your C&R expires you can destroy the bound book (unlike regular FFL). If you later reapply for a C&R (not renew) you start fresh with a new, empty bound book.

I sent mail a week ago asking about my order, they replied

we show that we received a rifle order from you for an M1 Garand field grade on the 5th of February. Our sales office is currently processing rifle orders from the 2nd of February . It shouldn't be too much longer on yours but the 2nd of February was a very large order day so it may take some time just to get through it. If you haven't got any word on the order in a couple more weeks , you can email back and we will let you know where we are at that time.

CMP CUSTOMER SERVICE
[email protected]

CMP update for those interested

I made a Estore order on 2/13/09 it just went to shipped 5/8 so a case of ammo is comeing!!!!!!
Now if snail mail and estore get the same treatment my mail in order for garand and 3 cases of ammo should follow very soon. The mail in order paid with check was in house at cmp 2/12 got my DBU email 30 days later.

I have since palced ammo orders every few weeks since then. so I should have a good supply of the 10 case limit comeing!!!!!

I want to order some 22 ammo from them also. anyone use this ammo?

I want to order some 22 ammo from them also. anyone use this ammo?

YES. I bought the cheaper of the two varieties. I use it primarily in my bullseye gun. I had a couple of boxes that had a lot of wax lube that caused some buildup in the mags & feed ramp. I know Dick uses it for bullseye also. For general plinking and appleseed I prefer the Federal 550 (cheaper and no lube issues) but I love it for bullseye. It's comparable to CCI SV. Where are you located? If you're close by you're welcome to try a box of 50 to see if it cycles well in your gun before you buy a case.

CMP update, well I got a call no more lake city ammo so I had to confirm a substitution. No problem. THEN she dropped the bomb SA SG garands on back order. I asked for a substitution for what ever SG they had, sorry all back ordered until ????????? Well looks like i will just have to stare at my ammo for now. which is on shedule and shipping out. 2/12/09 order

CMP update, well I got a call no more lake city ammo so I had to confirm a substitution. No problem. THEN she dropped the bomb SA SG garands on back order. I asked for a substitution for what ever SG they had, sorry all back ordered until ????????? Well looks like i will just have to stare at my ammo for now. which is on shedule and shipping out. 2/12/09 order
Come to Plymouth and bring your ammo. I'll let you shoot one of mine to hold you over[wink]

I received this HRA service grade about 2 months ago, I ordered it mid December. I wouldn't say the gun was a tack driver, but wow is it accurate, and the trigger is butter smooth. I managed 3 1/3 inch groupings at 100 yards using my arm pinned against a table as a rest. the only part on the gun that isn't HRA is the barrel with is an SA. Anyone here have that book on Garand serial numbers?

3554416412_424167967e.jpg

I received this HRA service grade about 2 months ago, I ordered it mid December. I wouldn't say the gun was a tack driver, but wow is it accurate, and the trigger is butter smooth. I managed 3 1/3 inch groupings at 100 yards using my arm pinned against a table as a rest. the only part on the gun that isn't HRA is the barrel with is an SA. Anyone here have that book on Garand serial numbers?

3554416412_424167967e.jpg

I have Scott Duff's book. What is the serial #?

Last edited:
CMP received my order 3/16/09

Received order notification 4/28/09

Rifle shipped 6/22/09

Nothing on ammo yet.

Sent my order for a service grade HRA and 5 spam cans of ammo on March 3.
Received rifle on June 9.
Ammo received this past Monday.

Mrs Mongoose broke it down for me the other day while I was at work (because I have been whining about not having time to do it) and cleaned/de-cosmo'ed everything but the stock, which she knew I would want to do myself.
As far as I can tell, the only non-HRA part is the bolt, which is SA.
Appears as though it may have the original barrel,dated 1955 which also matches the serial number production date , 555XXXX.

Im very happy with it.
A little bronze wool and Crud Kutter did wonders on the stock .
Removed the grime and kept the original "old rifle " look.
Pics when it finally stops raining and I have time.

arrgghhh you guys are killing me......SA SG 812 orders on the backorder????? Dont think I will see mine for eva!!!!

Back
Top Bottom