Any gun shows coming up

Most show circuits in the northeast are pretty much done for the season. They will start ramping up in the fall again. My guess is they don't run summer shows because people are less likely to show up when the weather doesn't suck outside.

-Mike

If you like mil surp---yes, if you are looking for guns guns guns and some ammo-- no. There is a show listed in the NRA magazine for this weekend in Brattleboro VT if you're up for a scenic ride

Hmm I was looking for lots of guns and ammo but the idea of 1911s and the fact it's better than work might be too much to take haha

I got a nice M1 carbine there last year !! Brought it home strapped to my motorcycle to Beverly , Worth the ride from here (100 miles) .
Tom C

If you like mil surp---yes, if you are looking for guns guns guns and some ammo-- no. There is a show listed in the NRA magazine for this weekend in Brattleboro VT if you're up for a scenic ride

Not true. Many of the same dealers that attend the regular Springfield gun show attend the Militaria show. Its called the Militaria, Gun and Knife Show.

Plenty of guns and ammo.

This is my first gun show ever too. I was always invited by a friend and his dad but since I didn't have my LTC at the time....it was just too cruel and unusual.

Congratulations on joining us here at NES. There wil be a few of us at the show. Only green members can upload avatar photos. I would highly suggest going green as you get many extras. I would also suggest introducing yourself in the introduce yourself thread located in the general discussion area. This place is a wealth of info. Have fun and remember to use the search function! ;)

Remsport will not be at the West Springfield show, however we will be open on Saturday. Please stop by while you are in the area.

IDK maybe its the fact that this is my first gun show, but I have a funny feeling something will be following me home....are there usually good deals or do people mark stuff up because its a show??

IDK maybe its the fact that this is my first gun show, but I have a funny feeling something will be following me home....are there usually good deals or do people mark stuff up because its a show??

There are deals to be found,but not usually..Do your homework and you can usually get a gun for the same price or cheaper through a local FFL..Take into consideration the cash you will fork out before you even see a gun..

Mass pike tolls
Parking $5.00
Gas
Admission $10.00

No ammo dealers inside,only one dealer outside..The other guy in the tent is in collusion with the NY guy,so he doesn't bring any ammo,only powders and primers.

You are already out cash before you even see a gun at this show.You are better off going up to Stateline in NH for their open house.

Last edited:
Damn that sucks. Well my fam and best friend are going so at least we can handle a few cool guns. My friends brother bought a colt 1911 that was Brazilian or one of those countries millitary issue for 600 last year, which I thought was a fair price.

If you're worried about the cost of parking and admission, you probably shouldn't be spending money on anything other than essentials. It's a good place to get ideas about prices, with the Mass penalty on handguns. Negotiate, sometimes you can get a bargain (S&W 422 for <$175 and a pre-ban Ruger 10/22 for ~$150, with an old Weaver 3x9 22 scope that woreks great, are two items that I have picked up there in the past couple of years as well as some uncommon magazines). The admission is generally worth the entertainment value considering the trash movies coming out and the cost to get in to see them. I seldom go with a shopping list, but always have a few items that I will buy if the price is right. Besides at the Young building there's a eatery off to the left of the main enterance with cold beer when you need a pick me up. I expect to be there Sat. AM.

Last edited:
I will definitely be there regardless of whether I buy something. Who knows if I will end up with something but I am feeling somewhat lucky. If any NESer wants to introduce themselves, I will be wearing a blue and white horizontal striped polo. Probably with a group of 4 or so guys feel free to introduce yourself. This may be a dumb question but it is cool to carry while at the show right?

Hmmm that seems odd I cant carry at a gun show. Although if it is policy I can understand. Although I will feel odd not having it loaded and ready to go.

I'm going to check out a safe at the Eastern booth.

As far as carrying, you can carry to the show, they will just strap your gun untill you leave. I remove my mag before I go in and I've never had a problem.

As far as WSide shows go this one isn't the greatest, the other ones (spring, fall) are better, but hey it beats sitting watching TV on a Saturday. Plus I'm going to check on something at this one so it's worth it to me.

Remsport why aren't you going???

Last edited:
This is not a real gun show and is not billed as such.
I was thought that some of you would stop by the shop after browsing the show. No one showed.

I like the Militaria Show. It is a little less crowded and has fewer tables of toys and flea market junk.
They could have turned on the AC though. It was as hot and steamy inside as outside.
There was a nice selection of milsurp, old and new.

I was on a quest to get a Remington 03A3.
The folks at Tombbstone Trading came through with flying colors again.
They had about the nicest one I've seen in a while and cut me a VERY attractive deal.[smile]
It will probably be on the range with me tomorrow morning.

Jack

Back
Top Bottom