• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Any info on Anytone Hera, KT-8900R, or "President Ronald"?

I guess part of the answer is whether you would use the other two bands. I know there's a thread somewhere about 220. If your heart is set on tri-band, then there's your answer. For me, a 2m would be enough for the car. That does look to be a pretty small package. Another thing to watch for is cooling. You don't want it completely enclosed or it can't cool itself.

I had to check, and one of the commenters says the 220 is only 13-15w vs 25w for 2m/70cm. It seems to be common when they add 220 that it has lower output power. Probably because they add it to a radio that isn't meant to have it, but it kind of works so they reduce power so the radio doesn't self-destruct.

I can't speak for QYT but my gut tells me it's a knockoff of TYT.

I guess part of the answer is whether you would use the other two bands. I know there's a thread somewhere about 220. If your heart is set on tri-band, then there's your answer.
Probably not. This is strictly about its small size, and fitting in the car.

For me, a 2m would be enough for the car. That does look to be a pretty small package. Another thing to watch for is cooling. You don't want it completely enclosed or it can't cool itself.
Pretty sure once you remove the "drawer" part of the cubby, it is open in the back. Can always drill some holes.

I can't speak for QYT but my gut tells me it's a knockoff of TYT.
Aren't all these Chinese things knock-offs of one another? No integrity for intellectual property. I'm just waiting for them to come out with a chip that has most all of the functions on it. Just a couple chips for an entire radio. Then it is just window dressing and different controls. A deck of cards 2 meter/6 meter 50Watt radio would be the goal here. I'll give it 5 years.

Here's another little one, in 10 / 12 meters. Gets good reviews. Anyone have one of these?

President Electronics Ronald AM/FM/PA Ham Transceiver 10 and 12 Meter Amateur Mobile Radio with Rotary Channel Selector, RF Power, Manual Squelch, ASC, LCD Display, Digital S-Meter​

Amazon product ASIN B078B1HHXNView: https://www.amazon.ca/President-Ronald-Meter-Amateur-Radio/dp/B078B1HHXN/

I don't have that specific radio, but I do own this President radio:

The Lincoln II+ will NOT meet your size requirements. On the other hand, I have had NO problems running my Lincoln II+ mobile in my truck. Besides AM and FM, it affords SSB and CW. The modification to also enable CB is very simple.

I currently have it loaned out to a great niece who is interested in ham radio.

Looks like the "Ronald" does not have CTCSS or DSC. Kind of cheapo. No thanks on that one, I guess.

Back
Top Bottom