Any interest in an MRE group buy

I am looking into a group buy of cases of new civilian MREs. The website is www.readymeal.com. The quote that I got for 96 cases works out to 59.00 a case. Not making any profit on this just trying to save some money. If you are intersted let me know. Thanks.

I am looking into a group buy of cases of new civilian MREs. The website is www.readymeal.com. The quote that I got for 96 cases works out to 59.00 a case. Not making any profit on this just trying to save some money. If you are intersted let me know. Thanks.

The website says that the regular prices is $59.95 per case. So is the savings only 95 cents per case or am I missing something here?

I think a healthier and much better tasting alternative is these things, they sell them at Trader Joe's and at CostCo.

http://www.tastybite.com/

Tasty Bite food is all-natural. It remains fresh for 18 months without preservatives or refrigeration.

It's all in the technology we use.

The food is cooked and filled into a uniquely designed multi-layer retort pouch. The pouch is then sealed and the food inside is sterilized, using very high heat and pressure. The sealing and the construction of the pouch ensure that no bacteria or other degrading factors can impact the food. This process also ensures greater retention of the food's original aroma, texture, nutrients and flavor.

The retort pouch has a sturdy four-layer wall. Each layer provides a barrier from damage and keeps the food safe:

* The outermost layer is polyester (PET).
* The second layer is nylon.
* The third layer is aluminum.
* The innermost layer that comes in contact with the food is a food-grade polypropylene.

Space-Age Technology

Our packs are designed to go to the moon. No wonder then, they'll take you anywhere on earth.

It's true. The concept of our exceptional retort pouches was developed for the Apollo space program. This special design enables food to remain fresh without refrigeration or preservatives for up to 18 months at a stretch.

The Camper's Favorite

Tested to withstand extreme temperatures and heights from well below sea level to as high as the moon, this packaging has made us a favorite with campers, mountain climbers, sailing expeditions, desert safaris... From the Everest with the Indian Armed Forces, to Antarctica with Conrad Anker, our products have traveled far and wide. At all times offering people a delicious alternative to the dehydrated food they would otherwise have to make do with.
They come in very heavy foil packets which have expiration dates two years in the future, and I'm guessing they are good for a few more after that if stored in a cool place.

A friend brought over a MRE to try out, and I swear, the dog food our dog gets was more appetizing. I would go to great lengths to avoid ever having to eat an MRE.

The tasty-bite lentils are really great, eaten with rice or whole wheat tortillas. And have lots of fiber and are healthy.

They come in very heavy foil packets which have expiration dates two years in the future, and I'm guessing they are good for a few more after that if stored in a cool place.

A friend brought over a MRE to try out, and I swear, the dog food our dog gets was more appetizing. I would go to great lengths to avoid ever having to eat an MRE.

I think the most important thing is shelf life and quantity. When it comes time for you and your family to consume this stuff the last thing you are going to be worring about is taste... This stuff isn't for camping trips it's for survival.

You need lots of it and it needs to last more than a couple of years.

I think the most important thing is shelf life and quantity. When it comes time for you and your family to consume this stuff the last thing you are going to be worring about is taste... This stuff isn't for camping trips it's for survival.

I agree, but it seem like the packaging and preserving technology that the Tasty-Bite people are using is roughly the same as the (civilian) MREs (multilayer retort pouch, high temperature sterilization), the price looks lower (they can be bought by the case at Costco), and they look more nutritious and better for the digestive tract. The choice of entrees for the MREs seems to be dictated by what the fast-food corn-fed midwestern farm-boys like to eat, which isn't necessarily the best stuff you could choose eat. The shelf life for MREs is not all that much greater, four or five at the outside according to the ratings I have seen, and only that if stored in a cool place. The Mountain House freeze dried stuff, on the other hand, seems like it's good for 20 or 30 years if stored in a reasonably cool dry place.

Last edited:

I agree. Shit could hit the fan tomorrow or 15 years from now. The biggest thing that has kept me from buying survival food is shelf life. I want a product that will last for a long time so a few years from now I don't feel compelled to sit down during every day life and eat MREs a month before they expire so I didn't waste my money.

Has anyone tried the Mountain House stuff?

Yep and it's pretty much the best you can do for easy to prepare meals. The MH in #10 cans willl actually last 30 years. I have an uncle who had palettes of these from the 70's and they still tasted great.

They're not cheap but are a great addition to anyones prep strategy

Has anyone tried the Mountain House stuff?

I am buying their fruits as alternative snacks for my kids. I've had them and they are really good. My kids love the strawberrys.

Talk to Snowjoker, he's eaten a lot of the meals. But when they say, "Feeds Two." It really feeds one.

But, everyone that I've spoken too says that they are very good.

I need to pick some up, but I've heard nothing but good things.

I have seen the smaller, individual packages of Mountain House stuff at a few of Wally Worlds. It might be a good thing to try them before investing in a case or more.

Paul

That opener was usually known as a P-38, and 4 came in each case of C-rats. The ham and lima beans was my favorite.

Eww, but I would have rather eaten that over 1st generation MRE's.[laugh] I never minded the spahetti c-rat's and my old stand by was the tuna.[laugh][laugh]

Back
Top Bottom