• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Any M1 Garand experts in here?

Admin

Staff Member
Administrator
NES Member
I won a couple of Secretary of the Navy M1's while shooting in the Marines.

From what the armorers told me they are 7.62 with match grade barrels. I would like to sell one of them but I don't know the value. I've seen them go any where from $1200-$2400.

My name and score is engraved on the bottom plate.

Thanks in advance.

I think they are worth a fair amount. If you do stuff like include pictures of that day, and write up some of your shooting accomplishments in a little history that would accompany the rifle, it will make it more interesting and desirable. You are selling sizzle, not the steak. I would think they are worth at least $2000.

B

The real question becomes why in the hell would you want to sell one of them? Those have family heirloom written all over them.

I'm keeping the one from my rifle championship. The one I want to sell was the one I won with the pistol.

Yeah, but you might have two kids someday.

Man, I thought my brothers and I were going to have a hard time fighting over dad's comic books! [smile]

Then delete this thread and hope none of us ever tell them you were thinking about giving their rifles away. [smile]

Sorry things have gotten to the point where you have to sell something I'm sure you don't want to sell.

Maybe someone here can loan you the cash with one of your rifles as collateral,sell it for $1.00 to someone you trust.I would offer this deal to you,but I seriously don't have that kinda cash.

Maybe someone here can loan you the cash with one of your rifles as collateral,sell it for $1.00 to someone you trust.

Derek, I've got $1 ready and waiting. [grin]

Seriously, don't sell them. Value is very high on those. If I won one, it would be priceless to me.

Back
Top Bottom