Any members of Rumford Hunting Club in Rehoboth, MA?

GTOShootr,

I think it is actually in Rehobeth, not that it matters. Not far from there is the Somerset Sportmans Club and they have a range out to 300 yards. I have to check them out someday. Sorry no other info on Rumford though.

You are right. It is right over the line from Seekonk in Rehoboth. I should have known that, I live right near Somerset Sportsmen in Rehoboth.

Ahh okay, I usually go to Fall River Rod and Gun in Westport. One of these days I'll see what practical shooting is all about. Just started a few months ago, so I am still working on the basics.

When RIMLC's IPSC matches start up in the Spring, you'll have to come down and check it out. All you need are the basics.

We have membership spots available too, if you are interested in a local place to shoot.

Seeing that I dont have GTOShooter on my Cell phone list and dont know his number, I need to ask him here.

What and where is RIMLC? Is that Manville?

Thunderbolt said:
Ahh okay, I usually go to Fall River Rod and Gun in Westport. One of these days I'll see what practical shooting is all about. Just started a few months ago, so I am still working on the basics.

Have you ever been to the New Bedford Rifle/Police Range? It's just over the Wesport border in North Dartmouth, on Woodcock Road.

600 yard range, reasonable dues, night shooting (warmer weather), and it's never crowded............... (I hate shooting alone)

boston_007 said:
Thunderbolt said:

Have you ever been to the New Bedford Rifle/Police Range? It's just over the Wesport border in North Dartmouth, on Woodcock Road.

600 yard range, reasonable dues, night shooting (warmer weather), and it's never crowded............... (I hate shooting alone)

New Bedford Rifle/Police Range is where I go, I enjoy it there. Your right about the reasonable dues. You can't beat 40 bucks. We'll have to meet up sometime.

Went to the New Bedford/Police range 2 or so years ago. Nice. I had heard that the Army built it in WWI and it was originally a 1000 yd range?

JonJ said:
Went to the New Bedford/Police range 2 or so years ago. Nice. I had heard that the Army built it in WWI and it was originally a 1000 yd range?

Randy, the guy that runs the range, had told me that as well. It is a pretty interesting story. I guess the Army had used it as a practice range and when they decided to give it up the City of New Bedford stepped up to buy it and keep it as a range. There was talk recently of selling off part of the range but I think that went by the way side with the new Mayor, thankfully.

redsoxdoc said:
JonJ said:

Randy, the guy that runs the range, had told me that as well. It is a pretty interesting story. I guess the Army had used it as a practice range and when they decided to give it up the City of New Bedford stepped up to buy it and keep it as a range. There was talk recently of selling off part of the range but I think that went by the way side with the new Mayor, thankfully.

Yes, I stand corrected, it is a 1000 yard range. The buildings there were built by the Army Corp of Engineers during WWI and remain in use today. (armory/classroom/clubhouse)
It's definitely a great range for those of us who live in SE MA. You certainly can't beat the crowds! I can't recall seeing more than 10 people on the civilian side at the same time.

I go past there twice a day also, and put my kayak in the Palmer about 50 yds. up the road. Unfortunately the river runs right behind their berm. Fortunately, It is a rare day when the red flag indicating 'shooting' is up. And no one that I know here in town knows anyone who is a member. Ront

Back
Top Bottom