• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Any one else having trouble getting travel from the VA ?

MJ1

I have over 750 miles in three months and they have a new system that is two months behind reimbursements. Only one call in ten gets me a live person who then gives me another call number the doesn't go anywhere.

Then when I do catch a travel allotment it's only one way at 27 cents per mile.

Cheers

I have over 750 miles in three months and they have a new system that is two months behind reimbursements. Only one call in ten gets me a live person who then gives me another call number the doesn't go anywhere.

Then when I do catch a travel allotment it's only one way at 27 cents per mile.

Cheers
Yup! I guess it’s on Ebennies now.

U get reimbursed for your travel expenses to VA medical appointments.
Yes when when your primary schedules an appointment like blood work or drug testing or an annual exam like the TV up the bum or vision. Also the is a ratting requirement for some like 25% or 80% and 100%. Plus a Purple Heart service connected reason.

You didn't know that ? You ever have an interview with your VA Rep to review your benefits ? The VA has no responsibility to tell you unless you ask or have your Rep. ask.

Apply for VA healthcare. Do it right now, online. Minimal co-pays (if you don’t have a disability) no premiums.
Will do, but what about family, can they be included as well or would I need to keep health insurance for them through my work? Thanks

Will do, but what about family, can they be included as well or would I need to keep health insurance for them through my work? Thanks
Usually only you would be covered. Possibility for family, read here.
CHAMPVA benefits | Veterans Affairs

I have both and pick and choose what route I want to go. Either way, my private insurance gets billed but due to my disability, I do not pay co-pays with the VA, for treatment. Whatever the private insurance pays, the VA considers the bill paid in full. This is for non-service connected treatment.

Usually only you would be covered. Possibility for family, read here.
CHAMPVA benefits | Veterans Affairs

I have both and pick and choose what route I want to go. Either way, my private insurance gets billed but due to my disability, I do not pay co-pays with the VA, for treatment. Whatever the private insurance pays, the VA considers the bill paid in full. This is for non-service connected treatment.
Thanks

I moved to Memphis a month ago, and so far I have had 4 appointments and the VA has arranged Uber of Lyft rides both to and from each appointment. The VA picks up the ride cost, and I give the drivers a cash tip.

I just file for travel pay at the kiosk after my appointments and it's in my bank account in a few days. Never had an issue.

Finally got paid today for a couple of appointments in March and April. I submitted the claim then too. Better late than never. Now that I've seen success I just filed a couple more claims.

Back
Top Bottom