• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone now where I can find old police night stick locally?

I recall being a kid seeing cops doing some neat tricks swinging that wooded club around while on the beat.

Wanted to see if I can try it myself.

They were the short 2 ft or less ones with the leather strap. Knurled on the grip end.

Like this-

View: https://youtu.be/QRl1TqSLpFU?feature=shared

Wow.. that was one of the first Youtube videos I watched. Its in my favorites.. old school worn leatha revolva toting cops. Back when if you were actin a fool these men would yell at you like they were your father! Because they cared...

My grandfather on the auxillary police carried a similar night stick.. but most of the time it stayed in the truck. in an era when pepper spray was coming around more common in the late 80s and before the expandable batons commonly seen today.

We made these in wood shop in the 70's when learning how to use a lathe. I drilled out the top an inch or two and poured molten lead from the metal shop, the shop teacher told us to say these were for hitting fish when we caught them. Every guy took wood and metal shop in the 70's as the girls took cooking and sewing. I was no shop kid, I was on the math team, but every guy took shop and every girl took home economics.

Now no one knows what end of a screw driver to use or how to bleeping cook, progress I guess.

....sorry old man yelling at clouds...

We made these in wood shop in the 70's when learning how to use a lathe.
9th grade shop - we had to turn in plans for out lathe project. Mine was rejected so I made a lamp instead. Still have it. Never thought of molten lead - I drilled 1" holes in the base and filled with solid brass rod for the weight. If my original plan was approved, I would probably have lost the nightstick years ago. Lamp is now 50 years old and looks great (It's had a couple of different shades over the years).

Last edited:
I saw one of these from the Lake Erie chemical company that discharged fired a single 12GA shell from the end. It was intended for tear gas (pre-dates the pepper spray days), but could fire a conventional 12GA shell. It was shown to me by a police officer after it had been surrendered by the previous owner.

a bunch on ebay currently

Just think of all the hate crimes that was committed with that thing [devil]

It's a joke guys

Last edited:
I got caught with one wedged in my truck seat when I was a teen and the cops yelled at me.

I got caught with one wedged in my truck seat when I was a teen and the cops yelled at me.
Got pulled over by Mass State Police in my city when I was about 20 years old. Had a bat laying in back. Trooper asks what the bat was for. I told him me and my friend play in a pickup softball league. The other Trooper asks my friend who's sitting right next to me what position he plays. He says he doesn't play, he hates baseball. Work with me Dave!! Anyway, they run everything, comes back clean and before they send us on our way he asks " Honestly, is the bat for baseball or for cracking heads?" I was like, "Well, we are in Worcester" He laughed and off we went.

Back in the late 70s my grandfather and myself churned out a lot of those on the lathe. Quick project and some had been drilled down 2 inches or so into the end to allow melted lead to be poured into them for added weight.
Only some?? I thought they all were!

We made these in wood shop in the 70's when learning how to use a lathe. I drilled out the top an inch or two and poured molten lead from the metal shop, the shop teacher told us to say these were for hitting fish when we caught them. Every guy took wood and metal shop in the 70's as the girls took cooking and sewing. I was no shop kid, I was on the math team, but every guy took shop and every girl took home economics.

Now no one knows what end of a screw driver to use or how to bleeping cook, progress I guess.

....sorry old man yelling at clouds...
I graduated in 99, from just my local HS, we had shops back then, and home-ec (yeah, I can cook and sew too!).

I was an above average student, got kicked out of national honors for boys will be boys shit, I was still captain of football team. I was good at shop. Part of why I got kicked out of honors was my X gf was in wood shop. She was hot back then! I did a quick project, got an A on it, for a ‘long oven rack tool.’ Then I painted it. And wrote ‘skirt lifter stick’ on the side. And hung it on the wall in the shop for open house. When the X was doing something, I would use that skirt lifter stick to lift the back of her skirt and show the boys, and even the shop teacher. The teacher was on his way out so no trouble for him but….according to todays standards I’m basically a rapist!! She came crawling back the next year and we were together again after my antics, but honors society did not like that.

Got pulled over by Mass State Police in my city when I was about 20 years old. Had a bat laying in back. Trooper asks what the bat was for. I told him me and my friend play in a pickup softball league. The other Trooper asks my friend who's sitting right next to me what position he plays. He says he doesn't play, he hates baseball. Work with me Dave!! Anyway, they run everything, comes back clean and before they send us on our way he asks " Honestly, is the bat for baseball or for cracking heads?" I was like, "Well, we are in Worcester" He laughed and off we went.
They wanted to get you for carrying a billy.
My buddy got pinched for weed in his car in the 90s and he had the little souvenir bats. They asked, and he replied...protection... and they tacked it on.
He got off in court. Cop lied about something can't remember what.

Back
Top Bottom