• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone own a S&W 1911 9mm Pro Series? Worth the money?

I am that "friend" who suffered through magazine hell! The Wilson Combat 10 round mags would not feed 10 rounds. Metalform 10 round mags would not feed 10 rounds. I had to go with Metalform 9 round mags in order to avoid jams and miss feeds. I'm a firm believer in 10 round magazines being able to feed 10 rounds flawlessly. Dan S lent me a few 9 round mags that he had configured to hold 10. They worked but the slide would not slide back after firing 10 rounds. Joe D let me borrow his Tripp Research 10 round magazines and they were flawless. I am now able to enjoy shooting my handsome S&W Pro Series 1911. Don't waste your time or money in search of a consistent magazine for the S&W. From my experience, it is the Tripp! Tripp Research took the time and effort into developing a 10 round magazine that works consistently and flawlessly in the 9mm S&W.
Best regards.

I've been using the Wilson Combat mags that came with the gun (plus 3 more of the same model), and have had no issues with feeding over hundreds of rounds. I guess I got lucky.

I've been using the Wilson Combat mags that came with the gun (plus 3 more of the same model), and have had no issues with feeding over hundreds of rounds. I guess I got lucky.

Or I was "unlucky." There was a lot of discussion on gun forums so I know I wasn't the only one.
I know it wasn't the gun. It was definitely a magazine issue. The information is here for anyone else who has a 9mm 1911 and is suffering with "jamming-miss feeds" while using 10 rounds in a 10 round magazine. I had the original Wilson Combat mags that came with the gun, I bought 4 more of the exact model and all had problems. I sought help from the experts. The "successful " mags all have a Flat follower, welded base front ramp.
Best regards.

Loved mine and miss it a bit (sold it last fall to finance a desert eagle!). Gun is super accurate, trigger was fabulous! I put some night sights on mine and a nice set of ebony custom wood grips also. The mag well extension was also very nice on it.

Only issue I had with it was some failure to extract issues with certain brands of ammo, in the end it just was a bit picky with ammo, UMC Target was what I found that it liked and never had issues with that ammo, it also likes to be clean!

i looked for quite some time for a 1911 9mm and read some so-so reviews here and there on the sw1911 9mm pro but ended up purchasing one. i got the one with the adjustable sights. This has become my favorite gun to shoot its very accurate and comfortable. They are a bit pricy but after looking thru a few ragged holes you will forget about that buy one you wont regret it. @ 1500 rds thru it and knock on wood no problems whatsoever

Back
Top Bottom