Anyone shoot the "Riley's Special" ammo yet? (EG, the loose packed M855 ammo)

drgrant

NES Member
I was at Riley's in NH yesterday and saw they had a bunch of M855
ammo around, appears to be Federal LC. I presume this is like XM855PD, but
theres no real markings on the boxes that would indicate that. The
samples I looked at seemed to be okay (and not the trash that is typical of
XM855PD) but I don't know. If anyone has used some of this stuff, please
provide feedback. At the price it is at, it's really appealing. ( $250 per
1000 is pretty appealing for 223 milsurp at this point, given that 2 500 rnd
cases, of, say, XM193, is likely to cost one over $300. )

-Mike

Last edited:
I was expectinig a thread about ammo with no primers, powder charge, or projectile... Unfortunately that name is forever ruined for me...

Sorry to post O/T but

I was expectinig a thread about ammo with no primers, powder charge, or projectile... Unfortunately that name is forever ruined for me...

*Big sigh of relief* [rolleyes]
I was thinking we were just resticted to .22 shorts.
One per month. [thinking]

Well, the store in NH is known as "Riley's" so I can easily understand your confusion. I thought it had a different meaning too.

Fixed the top post to avoid any false alarms or confusion. I realized I had
borked the spelling, but didn't think about editing my post in advanced
mode. Hope I didn't cause too much undue stress. [laugh]

-Mike

That's not XM855PD,it's Israeli made M855.

Unless it's differant than the stuff I got at Rileys..what does the headstamp say ?

The stuff I saw had LC headstamps. They had it in bags of 100, 500, and a box of 1000
rnds.

-Mike

The stuff I saw had LC headstamps. They had it in bags of 100, 500, and a box of 1000
rnds.

-Mike

Ahh ok,I got some Israeli made M855.That's a decent price nowadays,it used(6 months ago) to go for $150 per K.I'm not sure exactely about the price,but if you are looking for 855PD,Collectors had some a little cheaper,229K I think.

Personally,I don't like to inspect every single round, so I never bought the PD stuff even when it was cheap.I just paid the extra cash and bought XM193.The real 855 comes on strippers and the only place I know to get it sold out a couple of months ago.It was $280.00 for 840 rds ,if I remember correctly.

Referance the above link and check your rounds.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom