• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Anyone use MolyB for slide lube?

walter62

NES Member
I have a bunch of Molybdenum Disulfide dry lube powder from a different project.

>> Anyone use it (applied & burnished) instead of grease on your handgun slide rail surfaces? <<

No. I tried graphite powder once. Didn't like the mess. I had to replace some solid sleeve bearings on a machine and the new ones came with some lube designed for metal on metal sliding against each other. Works good. Name escapes me. It's German tho.

If you are referring to
Amazon product ASIN B008BJJI6EView: https://www.amazon.com/Dry-Moly-Lubricant-Aerosol-Fill/dp/B008BJJI6E/ref=sr_1_9?crid=34496UFNO70Q4&keywords=molybdenum+dry+lubricant&qid=1680954785&sprefix=Molybdenum+dry%2Caps%2C90&sr=8-9

Then, Yes. But, not how you think. I put it on a couple S&W snub nose revolvers that I used for pocket pistols. After I found it kept bare metal from rusting on a tomahawk. Then. I also used it on a RIA 1911. Slide and all. I didn't use it for the lube. As I still used a little oil. Works for my purposes. A cheap coating. It does wear off, but touchups are easy.

If you want. I can dig my 1911 up and take pictures of the slide rails.

Oops, just reread. You said powder. Not a spray. Nevermind

Back
Top Bottom