Ar-15/Mil Carbine Competion at American Firearms Aug 28th

Are you interested

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes Weekday Evening

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I work at American Firearms School in N. Attleboro MA.

http://gpk.pothole.com/AR Shoot.JPG

Update that the shoot is Aug 28th it's a sunday. 9am Signup 10am Start shooting. $10 a shooter.

I have been reluctant in the past to disclose this information due to the high number of people who have a bad taste in there mouth from our range.

Well the old Ceo up an quit and now I am third in command and the Store/range manager.

Our facility is really nice althoughthe last 2 years it has gone down hill but I hope to help change that with the new CEO and manager.

The important part is that I would like to host a evening or weekend ARF shoot "Competion"...my range is extremly flexible and can be used in a multitude of ways. I thinking something along the lines of a reduced target qual on the left side at 25 yards a move and shoot 3 Gun style course on the right side and a run through our Live fire sim with a 9mm AR that I could provide. I could award prizes for best shooters ETC Also Picadilly is across the street so a after shoot get together could be arrainged.

Website www.americanfirearmsschool.com

Two rangse 6 lanes each 25 yards indoor AC/Heat Also store and 2 Sims

GPK...out
:D

GPK - Welcome to the site and it sounds like you're trying to get things on track. If I lived up there I'd definately attend. Good luck!

I am a Member at AFS. I am happy to see such enthusiasm from you. I really hope things work well. I believe I started a thread about your place a couple months ago, or just put my 2 cents in. Your place is really nice and I wish you the best with your position.

P.S. I would be intreasted weekend or weekday.

GPK, welcome ot the forum. I'm glad that Derek and I were able to convince you to come over and join us. :)

I dropped by AFS yesterday and had a long chat with GPK and met Don.

I really hope GPK is able to do all that he'd like to with the store/range. Stay tuned and hopefully we'll all be pleasantly surprised.

GPK seems like a stand-up guy who sincerely wants to improve the place and the image of AFS.

I look forward to the get-together that he is planning.

Laws re NRs shooting in MA w/o NR LTC

So that folks will know, there is a way to legally join us in MA for a shoot even if you don't have a MA LTC.

Fed Law (FOPA '86) requires one to be legal at both beginning and end of the journey and NOTHING but "essential stops" along the way. Stopping to participate in a shoot doesn't meet this requirement.

MA does NOT issue FIDs to non-residents. An AR15 being "hi-cap" by definition, requires a LTC. NR LTCs take as much as 6 months to be issued and are only good for 1 year, cost is $100/year plus required MA approved training course (1st time only), etc.

This info was confirmed by Chief Ron Glidden, chmn of the Gov's Gun Control Advisory Board.

- MGLs require anyone bringing guns/ammo/hi-cap mags (pre-ban only) into MA must have a LTC (in this case) OR can do so as long as they are legal in their home-state AND are attending a gun show/exhibit or participating in a competition. NOT allowed for general get-together, plinking, training under MGLs.

- NOBODY (except LE/Mil on official business) can bring no-ban guns/mags or restricted mags into MA. Possession is a felony with something like 10 year jail time/mag or gun.

- NRs (even with MA LTC) can NOT legally buy ammo (or long guns) in MA. Only exception is ammo bought at a firing range, but none of those rounds may leave the range. [Brilliant piece of legislation with no possible enforcement.]

- ANYONE (without a LTC/FID) can handle/shoot guns in MA under the supervision of someone with a MA LTC/FID (license required depends on the gun type in question).

OK, how do we get around this BS and still have fun?

Easy, declare the event a "competition" and have a competitive shoot-off at the end/beginning. Fun the rest of the time and you are legal. No prizes or entry fees are required to meet this part of the law. The NR bringing guns into MA should have something in writing declaring a competition during some part of the event.

This is what we did for the Randy Cain defensive handgun course I took in Tyngsboro last month and we'll do the same thing next week for the Gabe Suarez class.

Hey GPK, I'm sure that I've talked to you several times. I have been in there several times as I live close buy. Hell, I have had you guys do several transfers...if this is who I think, you might have helped me with about 5 Para's about 6 months ago..

Anyway, nice to see you over here. And depending on how advanced you're talking with the ARs, I might be over there...being that I'm not that well versed on them...well not comared to these guys. :D

Yup, While I was there a number of Homeland Security and US Coast Guard folks were in there shooting. Full Auto is also allowed there, just as an FYI for the very rich. 8)

Re: Laws re NRs shooting in MA w/o NR LTC

LenS said:
OK, how do we get around this BS and still have fun?

Easy, declare the event a "competition" and have a competitive shoot-off at the end/beginning. Fun the rest of the time and you are legal. No prizes or entry fees are required to meet this part of the law. The NR bringing guns into MA should have something in writing declaring a competition during some part of the event.

This is what we did for the Randy Cain defensive handgun course I took in Tyngsboro last month and we'll do the same thing next week for the Gabe Suarez class.

That's the best way to do it is call it a match. Plain and simple. That takes care of everything.

I don't have an AR style rifle (yet) but I would be interested just to come down and hang with the others here...

Adam

Adam_MA said:
I don't have an AR style rifle (yet) but I would be interested just to come down and hang with the others here...

Adam

I think they may have some to rent down there.

For this Match Myself and Don will have a few extra personell AR's for people to borrow. In fact because one of my guns is a SL8 I'll just make it a carbine shoot.

Okay this is definately going to happen Aug 28th is the date it's a Sunday and it's slowly turning into a Military Carbine Match...IE Ak's and M-1 Carbines an similar that way more people can participate

Let me know what you think

GPK...out[:))]

PS Our Indoor range is any caliber up to .50 BMG and FMJ is fine

I may or may not be able to attend... definetly interest here.
I am by no means a great shot with my AR so Ill be hanging with the new shooters.

Ill keep up to speed and as we get a bit closer can give a more secure answer as to if I can attend.

When you've got a date worked out I'll see what I can do. This year has turned out to be allot busier than anticipated.

I'll have to read through the Gun Laws forum again to see what I'm actually allowed to bring into MA.

CD

GPK seems to be targeting August 27th (Saturday) for the event.

He also intends to make it a military carbine match (match = makes it legal for NRs w/o MA LTC to bring pre-ban/post-ban, but NOT No-ban "AWBs" or hi-cap mags into MA).

LenS said:
GPK seems to be targeting August 27th (Saturday) for the event.

Thanks,

I was pretty sure I had read all the posts, obviously missed the one with the date. I'll check the calendar when I get home tonight.

He also intends to make it a military carbine match (match = makes it legal for NRs w/o MA LTC to bring pre-ban/post-ban, but NOT No-ban "AWBs" or hi-cap mags into MA).

That's pretty much what I thought, I just wanted to be sure. Good thing I kept my post-ban carbine upper.

How about pre-ban hi-cap mags?? If not I've got a few 10s if I need to use those.

Thanks,
CD

Nickle, caliber is not a problem. Which guns fit his military carbine category we'll need to ask GPK.

cdkayak, you didn't miss his post . . . GPK did not post that info here, but did so elsewhere. So, I posted the info here so we'll know too.

Perhaps I need to clarify my statement on what is allowed and what is banned:

- Any so-called "AWB" (as the Feds defined it) must be pre-ban to bring into MA.

- Any hi-cap mag must be pre-ban to bring into MA.

- Thus, no NO-Ban "AWBs" and NO NO-Ban hi-cap mags allowed.

Somehow I don't think they'll view my M14 as a "Carbine". If I went, I could always borrow my father's M1 Carbine. My AR and AK are both de-ban. I'm not 100% sure the AK would be classed that way. It WAS a lo-cap WASR-10, no brake, that was converted to Hi-Cap, after installing enough US compliant parts. It may be legal in Mass. The AR is NOT legal in Mass. The SKS I won't take that chance. It's a pre-ban with a detachable mag. The other Semi's are really "Battle Rifles" or "Sniper Rifles".

The rules as far as What guns are military will be very loose. My thoughts are any long gun firearm that has been used by any military as a standard issue will allowed IE AKS GARANDS M-14's G36 GALIL VALMET etc. If you want to rock The .308 M-14 it will be interesting to see you do on the Swinger Target and the Hi-Round count stages.

More to follow

GPK...out

Back
Top Bottom