Ar-15/Mil Carbine Competion at American Firearms Aug 28th

Are you interested

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes Weekday Evening

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
There were not as many people there as planned but keep in mind that this was a busy weekend for other shoots. I personally had a great time. I had the pleasure of meeting Skald and I think it was USMA-82 correct me if I am wrong. I am pretty sure I can speak for everybody when I say, "We had a lot of fun". The guys at AFS really know how to throw a good comp. I will definitely be at the next one.

Excellent time! Well planned and executed by the folks at AFS.

A quick description of the course (distances are approximate):

At the signal, shooter pushed (kicked) open swinging door, and neutralized one target at 7 yards with 2 rounds. Turning to the right and proceeding towards cover (vertical barrier), shooter neutralized a second target. Once behind the cover, the shooter neutralized two targets from one side of the cover, and two from the other. A swinging, soft-cover panel swung across line-of-sight on both sides, adding to the difficulty.

Since the first mag was limited to 10 rounds, there was a required mag change from behind cover.

Shooter then proceeded to the right, stopped, and shot at four bullseye-style targets at about 20 yards down the range. One shot each for accuracy.

Shooter then proceeded to a restricted vision position where he had to hit six (seven?) clay targets at 7 yards distance, through a 12" diameter tunnel (bottomless plastic bucket), in a crouched or kneeling position.

Finally, the shooter moved 3 to 5 yards to the left toward the four final targets, neutralizing each with 2 shots.

When the first round was complete (we shot a second time for record), we proceeded to a computer aided shoot program that timed our abilities to quickly target a series of plates that appeared on the projector screen. This was only the most basic of several different "scenario" programs. Ain't technology wonderful?

When we returned to the shooting lane, everyone's time dropped significantly. Most shooters completed the course in between 60 and 70 seconds.

I REALLY hope this can become a regular event - it was great! More folks would make it all that much more fun. And the indoor range (what a great facility!) makes matches possible all year long.

Nice meeting you guys at the match - hope to see you again soon!

Yah, it was a great time and Greg really tried to keep the atmosphere of a friendly competition going, so we all laughed and had a great time.

Highlight was meeting others on the board. And next time I hope to have my own AR and maybe grab some 30 rnd clips.

Only change I'd like to see is maybe for the clay pigeons be allowed to stand to shoot but take a 3-4 second penalty if you do. I lost a lot of my time going down and then up again.

Fun time was the live fire sim and seeing GPK hit 5 targets in .88 seconds.

Also, just a thought for more, have a carbine group and then also a pistol group to run through. Though I don't have a pistol, running the course with one would have been a blast.

Hats off to GPK and the rest of AFS for a fun time.

Bummer I had the multi gun match in Harvard, I was actually thinking of swingin by on my way home but I dodn't get on the road from Harvard till almost 4 so I was beat. That sounds great though. I wich I could have made it.

Thanks everybody

I'm very happy to hear that everybody had a great time. I just got done posting in ARF COM so sorry if I am brief.

Thanks to everybody who made it.

I also hope to make this a regular thing and would love to see more people come out.

The next one will probally be in late Nov. oin a Sat. starting at 6pm

Check here for the results and Pics of course.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=26&t=208806&page=1

Re: Laws re NRs shooting in MA w/o NR LTC

LenS said:
- MGLs require anyone bringing guns/ammo/hi-cap mags (pre-ban only) into MA must have a LTC (in this case) OR can do so as long as they are legal in their home-state AND are attending a gun show/exhibit or participating in a competition. NOT allowed for general get-together, plinking, training under MGLs.
I respectfully dissent. If you check the test of 140-131G available at http://www.mass.gov/legis/laws/mgl/140-131g.htm you will see that the criteria is
...that such person is a resident of the United States and has a permit or license to carry firearms issued under the laws of any state, district or territory thereof which has licensing requirements which prohibit the issuance of permits or licenses to persons who have been convicted of a felony or who have been convicted of the unlawful use, possession or sale of narcotic or harmful drugs;...
This is a stricter criteria than simply "being legal in their home state", and was the reason that the club in Harvard, MA was unable to bid for the USPSA Limited National pistol championship a number of years ago. Many people, including a number of police officers I have spoken to, claim the criteria is simply "legal in home state", however, to date, none have been able to refer me to any statute or official documentation confirming this.

Back
Top Bottom