• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

AR aftermarket parts

Any good sites out there to order parts? I just bought an AR and want to customize a few things IE rail,grips,sights all that jazz trying not to pay top dollar for everything (I'm cheap to a degree) but want to have a fun gun to play with on the weekends at the range. Looking to make a set up to shoot distance.

NES Classifieds. If you dont see what you want post a WTB

Primary Arms is a favorite of mine. Check during holidays. Alot of places like PSA offer great deals.

Last edited:
Try the AR-15 thread here for parts and upgrade ideas and to see where they got their upgrades, then go to other forums like AR-15.com to see what others have done to theirs. Try the obvious sites like Cheaper Than Dirt, Midway USA, Brownells and Amazon. Try the smaller places like SOE Gear, Bravo Company, Magpul, Mako Group and don't forget the manufacturers like Spikes Tactical, Daniel Defense etc. Honestly there are too many to list lol.

AR-15 thread here:

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...hread-I-ll-show-you-mine-if-you-show-me-yours

Brownells.
there are a shitton of places.... carefully on shipping some places have a minimum that can be more than the parts.
I hate to say it but amazon and ebay have been pretty good source for small accessories. I try to use amazon and link through comm2a.com so they get the kick back to help us.

Any good sites out there to order parts? I just bought an AR and want to customize a few things IE rail,grips,sights all that jazz trying not to pay top dollar for everything (I'm cheap to a degree) but want to have a fun gun to play with on the weekends at the range. Looking to make a set up to shoot distance.

what AR did you get and what type of distance and targets do you plan on shooting. with the targets used for NRA high power you shoot 600 yds with peep sights.

Two good ones that have a lot of stuff...

MAS Defense
AIM Surplus

I recently purchased a new [12"] free float handguard from MAS (along with a steel gas block and melonite nitride gas tube, that came assembled) for my 300 Blackout rifle build. I also purchased the BCG (also melonite nitride) from AIM Surplus for $99 [delivered]. Both companies have EXCELLENT customer service/support. Plus, the inventory on MAS Defense's site is live. Not XX minutes behind.

There are plenty of other stores to order from, as already mentioned. Brownell's and Midway USA are two of the larger ones. Most are solid, but there are a few to avoid. Places like Ice Arms for one (avoid all their products if you value your sanity).

For sights, it's hard to be MagPul, especially for the cost. If you want a dot/holo type sight, then you have several options (depending on your budget).

What is the maximum range you want to shoot the rifle? If you're looking for a scope, then get the best you can afford. I went with a NCstar scope for my first 5.56 AR15 (3-9x). I wish I had bought a better one (it was in the $100 range), with more magnification. It's ok out to 100 yards, but hard for me to see the holes at that distance with it.

Back
Top Bottom