AR pistol with fixed Mag? (In mass )

Idk. The carbine frames for glocks’n’things seem cool but honestly might lack that umpff that AR9 pistols give. I was tickled to be shooting that thing the other day and another NES’r who tried out my build as well as my 5.56 and x39 pistol liked the 9mm pistol the best. Put a smile on his face and immediately he was looking into maybe getting the gen 2 jig to build one. For the money you can build one in the same price range than what a G17 in a carbine frame would cost. Two totally different guns of course with blowback being the biggest factor for the AR9. I cannot speak to a full sized version with a 16” barrel since I never shot one.

I would say I was happy that claims for AR9’s being “wonky” or “unreliable” was put to task. Let me put 1k more rounds through it to confirm for sure.

maybe. Maybe not.

Looks like around 100fps from 5 to 10”.

maybe. Maybe not.

And the ME graph

9mmluger.png

maybe. Maybe not.

When I say “umpf” I mainly mean the recoil punch from blowback not muzzle energy. I kinda like the blowback design on my PCC and AR9 vs the punch from semi auto pistols plus the option of AR style grips and triggers as well as the rifle grip make them very different.

Not to knock the Roni or other dresses for the Glock but maybe someone has both and can comment on experience shooting them.

Sighted in my pistols today with the Holosun rds’s at 50 yards. The 7.5” 5.56 build grouped like 12” from a bench rest. Really poor. The 9mm and x39 did about 1-2 moa. 9mm is 5.5” and x39 is 10.5”. I guess the extra few inches really increases a better moa at 50.

Sighted in my pistols today with the Holosun rds’s at 50 yards. The 7.5” 5.56 build grouped like 12” from a bench rest. Really poor. The 9mm and x39 did about 1-2 moa. 9mm is 5.5” and x39 is 10.5”. I guess the extra few inches really increases a better moa at 50.

What kind of barrel? My 7.5" is a lot better than that at 50 yards.

What kind of barrel? My 7.5" is a lot better than that at 50 yards.
Ghost firearms barrel.
  • 7.5" 1:7 Twist 4150 M4 Barrel Black Nitride
I’m sure it’s possibly from a different manufacturer though.

I was pretty dissapointed as it was the first time I put it on splatter targets rather than steel. To be honest at 100 yards I was hitting a 12” steel plate at about 40%. Hadn’t shot it much since last winter.

Ghost firearms barrel.
  • 7.5" 1:7 Twist 4150 M4 Barrel Black Nitride
I’m sure it’s possibly from a different manufacturer though.

I was pretty dissapointed as it was the first time I put it on splatter targets rather than steel. To be honest at 100 yards I was hitting a 12” steel plate at about 40%. Hadn’t shot it much since last winter.

Weird, mine is 7.5" with a 1:7 twist and .223 Wylde chamber. I haven't bothered stretching it out to 100 yards, but it's definitely at least 2-3 MOA at 50 yards. I was planning on sighting in the LPVO I put on my 10.5" this weekend, maybe I'll take the 7.5" upper with me and slap it on my SBR to see.

Weird, mine is 7.5" with a 1:7 twist and .223 Wylde chamber. I haven't bothered stretching it out to 100 yards, but it's definitely at least 2-3 MOA at 50 yards. I was planning on sighting in the LPVO I put on my 10.5" this weekend, maybe I'll take the 7.5" upper with me and slap it on my SBR to see.
Let me know what groups you get. I cleaned and scrubbed that barrel again but it was already pretty spotless.

Let me know what groups you get. I cleaned and scrubbed that barrel again but it was already pretty spotless.

Could be a lemon, but I'd expect better performance than half-a-minute-of-man at 50 yards. I know mine's better than that, and it's a cheap Midway USA house brand barrel.

Something else I didn't think of: what sort of ammo were you feeding it? Maybe try a few different bullet weights and brands to see what you can get with it.

Something else I didn't think of: what sort of ammo were you feeding it? Maybe try a few different bullet weights and brands to see what you can get with it.
I had thought of ammo but kinda disregarded that angle since all I shoot is American Eagle 5.56 and that ammo is tops. It is possible I may have grabbed the loose American Eagle .223 bulk and not checked whether the case was annealed. I will try another round.

I had thought of ammo but kinda disregarded that angle since all I shoot is American Eagle 5.56 and that ammo is tops. It is possible I may have grabbed the loose American Eagle .223 bulk and not checked whether the case was annealed. I will try another round.

That stuff isn't actually that great but if it works for you then okay. Try some other stuff, specifically something with a heavier bullet. It might allow more pressure to build up before it leaves the barrel.

That stuff isn't actually that great but if it works for you then okay. Try some other stuff, specifically something with a heavier bullet. It might allow more pressure to build up before it leaves the barrel.
haha When I first read that he called AE556 tops.. I was like.. ummm.. really? I am not a fan of it at all. But maybe I'm wrong.
Glad to see that I'm not crazy.

haha When I first read that he called AE556 tops.. I was like.. ummm.. really? I am not a fan of it at all. But maybe I'm wrong.
Glad to see that I'm not crazy.
True at for least for high volume plinking it fits the bill. I am not a wiz when it comes to bullet ballistics. Now when it comes to target grade stuff I have never shot it in 5.56 or .223. I bought and built these models mainly for defense and cqc. I only have one AR that is good for target and I have yet to buy any good quality target ammo to try. Will have to branch out.

Has anyone roll pinned a mag and if so where did you pin it ? would like some pics of the location. I have a virgin Anderson lower i'm pairing with a BCA 7.5" 5.56 upper. I have an MA lock to lock in a Pmag gen M3 but wanted to remove all doubt if its removable. I know CapeGunworks had video of their builds using the MA lock but I don't know if they pinned as well. No one on any of the Utube channels show anything like roll pinning to fix a mag so any help would be appreciated.

Out of curiosity, If you're going to pin a 30 rnd mag to 10 rnds and make it permanent in the gun.. Why not just use a 10 round magazine? The 30 can get in the way of the table if you're bench shooting.

Oh, so you don't want to pin the mag for a max of 10 rounds. You're looking to permanently fix the mag in the lower to make it "MA Compliant".
I believe they make special mag non-release buttons for that.

Oh, so you don't want to pin the mag for a max of 10 rounds. You're looking to permanently fix the mag in the lower to make it "MA Compliant".
I believe they make special mag non-release buttons for that.
Correct. The language of the law is somewhat open to interpretation about what is considered "permanently fixed". Even the MA lock from Mean Arms can be removed with hand tools. I'm on a waiting list for a Dark storm industry lower but since I have a lower that I can dock around with, I thought I would go ahead and scratch build one for knowledge.

Correct. The language of the law is somewhat open to interpretation about what is considered "permanently fixed". Even the MA lock from Mean Arms can be removed with hand tools. I'm on a waiting list for a Dark storm industry lower but since I have a lower that I can dock around with, I thought I would go ahead and scratch build one for knowledge.

All you have to ask yourself is, would a MA court consider your gun able to "accept a detachable magazine", since that's what the law actually says.

It doesn't say anything about "permanently fixed" or "only removable with tools" or any of that nonsense. The key word is "detachable".

What does "detachable" mean? Your guess is as good as mine, but my guess is that if you can remove the magazine from the gun without damaging or destroying the gun or the magazine, then it is "detachable".

Back
Top Bottom