• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ar wont pick up next round

So I'll try to give you as much info as I can, not an expert in language by any means.

Newly assembled silencer Co lower, topped with a aero complete 14.5 upper(mid length gas) with a new anderson complete bcg.
Luckily I had two rifles with me to verify what parts were not the problem.

Any ways I took the newly completed gun out yesterday. It chambered the round no problem, fires, and ejects the rounds fine, but doesn't pick up the next round. Rack another and repeat.

I swapped the bcg with another and it ran through the whole mag no problem. The confusing part was the brand new bcg works flawlessly in my older 16" rifle. So now i have no idea.

Any help? Thanks

I’d say mag, but it works on your other gun. So maybe the mag catch is out of spec?

As in the mag is hanging too low on the catch?

Last edited:
I swapped the bcg with another and it ran through the whole mag no problem. The confusing part was the brand new bcg works flawlessly in my older 16" rifle. So now i have no idea.

Any help? Thanks
Just spit balling here but are the BCG's the same, what I mean are they both FA types or is one a semi? Your 16" rifle probably has a carbine gas system? maybe that's why it worked in that gun?

There was a recent thread where a guy needed AR help. We all offered suggestions and in person help and little came of it.

Hope this thread goes better
Just sayin', I've been a good NES'r and keeping mine updated!!! ;)

Could be a slight variance in the tolerances of the BCG and the upper, when they get multiplied the firearm can be out of spec while the individual components are within tolerance. try swapping buffer and spring see if the BCG still fails

Ok I'm going to head to the range Tuesday or Wednesday and run these different combos people have suggested and see if I can narrow it down more. I'll have to research how to tell what style the used bcg is.

Update, didn't have much time because I was concentrating on getting a prs gun dialed, but.... the new bolt is now cycling, but catching short on the last shot. When the magazine is empty the bcg is catching on the carrier instead the bolt face. I'll go back switch buffer springs.

Back
Top Bottom