AR15 sight in

Mike S

NES Member
Hi Everyone,

I just read the sticky with the "improved battlesight setting" for the AR. After reading through it about 6 times, then reading my owners manual I realized I have 4 different ways of sighing this thing in.

So, I'm wondering, which do you guys use, and what have your results been?

I'm looking to get a match worthy zero on my Bushmaster. (I"ll post pics today) It's a 20" A3 Target model

Thanks in advance

When you say matches, do you mean High Power rifle?

For HP run your rear sight down all the way and then bring it up a minute and a half or two. It's not really important how many, just that it is off the bottom. From there zero your front sight at 200 yards. If your front sight is tapered you will need to make full revolution (five minutes) adjustments and you might need a few clicks on the rear sight to make it perfect. Once you get a good 200 yard zero mark the wheel with nail polish.

If you have a two piece elevation wheel with numbers on it, you can adjust it so that the 8/3 corresponds with your 300 yard zero, but you have to remove the little set screw through the top of the sight.

IBZ is really for a gun you would use in a fight and not really relevant for HP matches, although it might be useful in a practical match.

HTH,

B

Back
Top Bottom