PRS Open House/Intro Day - Centerfire & Rimfire

Hi everyone,

I'm happy to announce that there will be a PRS Open House/New Shooter Workshop at Granby on Saturday April 15th. Details below. There will be instructors there from Rifles Only, Inc. and additional help from seasoned PRS competitors. The 1000yd range will be open. Got a centerfire or rimfire rifle? Come on down! This is a unique experience to learn the fundamentals of positional shooting from some of the best rifle instructors in the country (Rifles Only, Inc.) in a relaxed, no stress atmosphere, and FOR FREE! Never hit a target at 1000yds? You will on the 15th! Ask all the questions, learn how to navigate a stage safely, test your equipment, and have a great time doing it! For those who do not have a centerfire and/or rimfire rifle but would like to try the sport before investing, there are a couple loaner rifles available. Happy to answer any questions or point you in the direction for loaner inquiries, please feel free to send me a message. If you plan to attend, please RSVP to the email in the flier below. You MUST RSVP in order to attend.

Thank you,
Mike

PRS Intro Day Granby 4-15-23.jpg

Last edited:
wow, I was worried for a second. 998 should be fine ... [rofl]

Haha. I'm not sure how far the rimfire targets will be for this event at the moment, but generally rimfire matches go out to 300-400 yards.

i really want to begin attending those things, sent email, just hope nothing will interfere again. will bring rimfire and 6 dasher.
to have a muzzle brake on a barrel is ok, i hope?

Yes, muzzle brakes are expected unless you want to punish yourself. 🙂

dunno where, isn`t it in nra matches where muzzle brakes are not allowed? just shows how much i know about matches and regulations, anyway. :)
as long as it can stay on - it is great.
Good point. There are some kind of rules around muzzle devices in the F-Class/benchrest world but I know nothing about that. PRS, run whatever you want on the muzzle, no restrictions.

dunno where, isn`t it in nra matches where muzzle brakes are not allowed? just shows how much i know about matches and regulations, anyway. :)
as long as it can stay on - it is great.
They are not allowed in traditional rifle matches because there are multiple shooters on the line at any one time. It is 100% obnoxious to be next to one of them.
In PRS matches, you are the only person up there shooting, so it doesn't matter.

Is there a limit to the number of people registering? Deciding whether to register quick or wait in case something comes up.

Is there a limit to the number of people registering? Deciding whether to register quick or wait in case something comes up.

Granby always has a limit as to the number of shooters. If you're interested I wouldn't wait. I saw this being advertised on FaceBook as well so it's probably going to fill up quickly.

I did talk to the organizer of the event. They're already at capacity. If you are looking to be put on the wait-list? Send an email. There is no specific round count. Bring what you want, you can always bring it home.

I did talk to the organizer of the event. They're already at capacity. If you are looking to be put on the wait-list? Send an email. There is no specific round count. Bring what you want, you can always bring it home.
Can confirm, wait list has been activated. I suspect we may have some people drop off so if you are serious about attending, I would recommend still sending an email to get on the WL.

Anyone here go to this?

I did and it was well run. Tons of volunteers so the ratio was fantastic. Plenty of time to shoot.

If anyone here was a volunteer, HUGE thanks.
Very glad to hear you had a positive experience. There are a few of us on the forum who volunteered. Hope you achieved some of your personal goals for the day and maybe we'll see you at a match in the future!

I went. Everyone there were really good people willing to share their knowledge. It was my first time shooting 1,000 yards. I learned a lot. Including that my hearing protection ear muffs hurt like hell after 5 hours of non stop wearing. Got to invest in some good hearing protection among other things

Very glad to hear you had a positive experience. There are a few of us on the forum who volunteered. Hope you achieved some of your personal goals for the day and maybe we'll see you at a match in the future!
I would also like to extend a thank you for your time in this event. Really good time!

Anyone here go to this?

I did and it was well run. Tons of volunteers so the ratio was fantastic. Plenty of time to shoot.

If anyone here was a volunteer, HUGE thanks.
Like @MC56 some of us were there. We appreciate you guys coming out to see what is we have to offer.

Your first match experience can be quite intimidating. Hopefully, some of the shooters that attended come out for their real first match experience.

The two guys, Chang & Austin, my buddy Chiz and I helped were new shooters.

The smiles on their faces after hitting steel and hearing impact made it all worth it. I think the corners of their mouths hit their earlobes 🤣 We took one of them out to 956 with a first round impact.

Some of the best people I know are in the shooting community.

PRS22 is just as much fun. If you're looking at getting your feet wet in the sport? It's a great place to get started. We have plenty of matches in the area.

Hit us up if you need more info

Shoot Straight!
Biggie

Back
Top Bottom