Are you a MA resident with a MA ltc? are you going hiking/camping in NH?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im posting this thread with the hope that there are plenty of MA residents out there like me:
1. goes hiking/camping in NH
2. i am bitter that i have already spent $200 (including safety class) to be able to CC in my home state & dont want to spend any more money to exercise a right that is constitutionally mine anyways. i mean wtf, do college kids have to buy a permit to have freedom of speech when they decide to have a save the dolphins protest???? no. In short, i dont want to spend $100 on a NH non-res.
3. your main concern is protecting your camp. meaning your ok with hiking/driving to campground during the day with your weapon unloaded
and concealed with the mags and ammo in your backpack or locked in your glovebox.

now i did search and i found some interesting info in this thread:
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...e-Requirements?highlight=storage+requirements

i dont want this to turn into the train wreck that i have seen other posts turn into so im trying to keep it specific with the above constraints (which i feel there are other guys like me with the same sentiment) im hoping this thread might even get sticky-fied if it proves that it could be valuable for many of the MA residents that love camping in NH.

this thread doesn't apply to die-hard CC guys that take their piece into the shower with them.

I'm going with the assumption that if i am awake and aware of my surroundings during the day, i should have time to grab my mags from my pack and load my weapon if needed; "oh look at the cute baby bears.... but where is momma?". Somebody saying that sentence is enough time for me to take off my pack and grab a mag. But if i am sleeping (in my tent/domain) i want to have a loaded weapon with me.

if any of my assumptions listed above imply that i am doing ANYTHING illegal, PLEASE chime in. As i am assuming everything i said above is legit (ie mags in backpack/glovebox, concealed weapon unloaded etc.)

I really dont want to be the guy that beats the dead horse, so if there is an answer to my specific scenario on another thread, or if the whole mags/ammo in the backpack assumption is illegal... ill just get this post deleted.

thanks so much!

So the ammo in the backpack and unloaded concealed weapon is ok? I wish there was a rule like "ammo must be stored in a container at least 6" from unloaded weapon" it open to interpretation which is scary

while running around the woods yoiu can apparently carry it openly and loaded, carrying concealed is what the license is for...

don't conceal it...

Seems like you have to open carry without a permit. With a permit you can carry concealed. I would wager that in your backpack while your wearing it constitutes "on your person" so technically it would be concealed whether loaded or not and then you'd get in trouble if someone makes a stink about it.

Ok. Great to know. So its safer legally to just open carry loaded while hiking. And while sleeping in your tent you can be loaded and concealed

Id much rather hike with the weapon concealed to avoid dirty looks from anybody. I just feel like anybody that open carries is begging for weird looks from people.

Maybe just because im a ma**h*** and not used to seeing that kind of thing.

Sir,

Please do a search on this forum and go to the thread that interlogic posted and also this thread: http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...-hiking-in-NH-permit-hasn-t-arrived-yet.-Sooo...

I think there is enough information for you to answer your questions and address your concerns.

It's perfectly legal to open carry (loaded in NH). Why would you unload in your tent? I think common sense applies here. Assuming you are in a tent and not a motor vehicle.

I don't know why but I just got this image in my head.....
In mass your on your motorcycle (sales tax paid) with your helmet on (sales tax paid) and your gun concealed (sales tax and permit paid).
Cross the border and your a gun brandishing no helmet wearing badass.

Why do I live in mass?

I don't know why but I just got this image in my head.....
In mass your on your motorcycle (sales tax paid) with your helmet on (sales tax paid) and your gun concealed (sales tax and permit paid).
Cross the border and your a gun brandishing no helmet wearing badass.

Why do I live in mass?

Actually, no. We have no gun brandishing here.

I don't know. Why DO you live in mass?

Your tent is your domicile for the night. Keep it loaded wherever you want in your tent. Keep it loaded on your person without concealing it.

No license is needed for ANY of that.

I know, blows your mind don't it?

i dont want this to turn into the train wreck that i have seen other posts turn into so im trying to keep it specific with the above constraints (which i feel there are other guys like me with the same sentiment)

Constraining your questions into awkward contorted sounding funnel isn't going to make you less likely to get flamed. If anything, it makes you look like you might be deliberately trolling.

im hoping this thread might even get sticky-fied if it proves that it could be valuable for many of the MA residents that love camping in NH.

Why would we want to do that? The laws in NH are pretty simple to understand.

I really dont want to be the guy that beats the dead horse,

You are (effectively) that guy, because this same question was posted and answered within the last 7 days:

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...-hiking-in-NH-permit-hasn-t-arrived-yet.-Sooo...

Admittedly,in your defense, however, it was located in the wrong section. I will move it into the right one.

That said, you'd be amazed what you can find on NES by going to google and putting in a bunch of search terms and then site:northeastshooters.com at the end of the string. [grin]

-Mike

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom