• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Arisaka Type 38 Carbine Rescue

From beginning to end of the Arisaka Type 38 Carbine Rescue.
I started out with a couple of Barreled receivers, a bolt and a butchered stock 1st and 2nd pictures. I rebuilt the rear section (3rd pic.) of the stock and the front part of the stock 4th pic. I made a Hand guard out of a Type 99 Hand Guard that a friend Eric made for me. I fitted them all together, and then blended the stain so that they would match pretty well, I didn't have a lower rifle band and they wanted $80.00 for one on-line so I took an old Last ditch lower band I had and modified it to fit. With all that work which I had Fun doing, I now I have a 1930's Japanese Type 38 Arisaka Carbine Rifle with Chrysanthemum. Time to start reloading rounds for it!!!! :)

001e.jpg 001.jpg 001a.jpg 001c.jpg 001d.jpg 001f.jpg 001g.jpg 001h.jpg 001i.jpg 001j.jpg

Nice stuff... I like this type of project. I have fun tinkering with old guns. I wish I had a proper work shop to do more.
For now I will settle for the kitchen table when the wife is not around.

Nice stuff... I like this type of project. I have fun tinkering with old guns. I wish I had a proper work shop to do more.
For now I will settle for the kitchen table when the wife is not around.

My back garage is my workshop/reloading room only problemis the floor gets cold in the winter.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks everyone!! [grin]

Looks fine to me. You'll probably have more fun shooting this rifle than most others.in your collection.
I realize I'm not convenient to you, but I have dies and a hundred-plus Norma 155.9g RNSP on hand; no empty 6.5x50mm brass though. If you have berdan-primed surplus brass, I can reload those, too (until my LRB primers run out). 100-meters out in the backyard, too.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks fine to me. You'll probably have more fun shooting this rifle than most others.in your collection.
I realize I'm not convenient to you, but I have dies and a hundred-plus Norma 155.9g RNSP on hand; no empty 6.5x50mm brass though. If you have berdan-primed surplus brass, I can reload those, too (until my LRB primers run out). 100-meters out in the backyard, too.

Thank you I had a problem getting on the site and it wouldn't tell me what had been answered. Thanks for the offer. I have brass dies and bullets. Thank you for you service from a Retired Army NCO

Nice job. It's a good time to pick up Japanese rifles, relatively short money for a historical WWII bring back.

- - - Updated - - -
Thank you I had a problem getting on the site and it wouldn't tell me what had been answered. Thanks for the offer. I have brass dies and bullets. Thank you for you service from a Retired Army NCO

Actually, I only achieved a lowly E5 rating in the USAF and CTARNG/CTANG. My father was 20 years Navy, but he wasn't a naval officer either ( commissioned that is).
My spelling is intentional, as l am honorary skipper of the S.S. Belly Button.
Enjoy your Type 38.

Back
Top Bottom