• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Arlington, MA school locked down - empty cartridges found

Makes me want to dress as Santa, ride in the back of a truck, and parade down the street tossing brass like candy.

Honestly I hope some rando tries to do it with a broadcast spreader full of 22 empties.. Just put enough in that hopper so that they'll never find them all maybe they can just work this insane bullshit out of their system. Empty brass doesn't mean that somebody is going to get shot.
Well, the problem with both of those suggestions is that you would be exposed to charges as empty brass is still considered ammunition in Massachusetts.

Now, broadcasting handsfull of .22 caliber Ramset cartridges would not have the same risk to you. Bonus points because they still have a pointy end. Hell, some of them even have scary green tips !

1707421430190.png

Well, the problem with both of those suggestions is that you would be exposed to charges as empty brass is still considered ammunition in Massachusetts.

I don't really care, maybe it would expose the insanity of the law. That somebody can just sprinkle inert ammunition components into somebodys bag or clothing and cause a felony rap is insanity.

True, but I've never seen that prosecuted.

Of bigger practical concern is suitability - as soon as the chief mentions "gun" and "school" in the same sentence in district court any appeal is probably doa.

Gun club president has ended monthly meetings by reminding members to check for spent casings in the grooves of their shoes, especially 22’s that can lodge in work boots, and then get “unlodged” in a place where people would panic and get locked down…..
I went to a range with a hooded jacket, buddy and I go grab a bite after, I take off my jacket at the restaurant

Ting, ting, ting, ting….

Tried to discretely pick up 4-5 casings quick.

I remember there being some empty 22 casings on the playground at my elementary school when I was a kid ( I'm not that old, 35, so not long ago 90s ) wasn't a big deal they just tossed em. Also this was in Dighton, we had the Eddie Eagle Program back then too.

There's also a super high probability that whatever loam / fill trash they use has some casings in it before they spread it. LMBO.

I remember there being some empty 22 casings on the playground at my elementary school when I was a kid ( I'm not that old, 35, so not long ago 90s ) wasn't a big deal they just tossed em. Also this was in Dighton, we had the Eddie Eagle Program back then too.

There's also a super high probability that whatever loam / fill trash they use has some casings in it before they spread it. LMBO.
Empty used .22 cases = trash.

No need to panic…

Back
Top Bottom