• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Army recruiter crosses the line (literally).

Status
Not open for further replies.
After re-reading, it sounds like the OP was talking to the recruiter, but the recruiter couldn't see him from where he was standing so stepped forward so as to be able see him...which actually seems like the polite thing to do...

Well, maybe I'm wrong then and there was just a misunderstanding between recruiter and OP.

I hate all solicitors no matter what they're wearing.

+1 What Martlet said. The dude is probably welcomed politely wherever he goes and thought someone gave him an unspoken invite inside. Your wife was being pretty nice to him. I don't think any tinfoil is needed here.

This. What does a recruiter have to gain from "forcing entry"? Hoping he'll gather some information that will convince his daughter to take the ASVAB, spend hours doing paperwork, then unknowingly show up at MEPS for a 6 hour physical then swear in?

"Shit, last thing I remember I was doing keg stands at a Fraternity House. How'd I get to Basic Training?"

Oh, boy. You all (well, most of you anyways; few who responded do have common sense) are so smart and know everything.

When ICE stops you and ask you if you are a U.S. citizen, all hell breaks lose in this forum. But when someone steps into your house uninvited (I don't even know who the **** this guy is, he never identified himself), then I am anti military and you all 'know' that my daughter probably (and you all assume, cause ya'll so smart) that she filled out something.
Please...spare me. 99% of you who responded here in negativity and suggested that I don't know if my daughter applied or filled or inquired about the military would raise hell just as I did, maybe 10 times more. Unlike most of you, I know my daughter very well and if she inquired about military or filled anything I would have known. Why would she spend 5-figures $$$ on one year in college if she wanted to go to the military? And who the hell said about someone just walking down the neighborhood and knocking on every door?? Of course they have her name, they get it from the school, for crying out loud! Of course he intentionally came to my house to look for her. I do not have a problem with military; I do have problem with someone not identifying himself and walks into the house.
And forgive me for not being able to distinguish between Army and USMC uniform. My bad. I'll make sure they add it to the citizenship test in the future.
Also, I did not have, and do not have any intention to 'complain' about the guy. Just a rant about something that would flip most of you the same way. Does it matter if it's Comcast rep or military recruiter who walks in uninvited?!

Do you usually talk to people just out of sight and then flip out when they move to see the person that is talking to them?

If your wife was speaking to him at the door, I find it hard to imagine that he had not already identified himself to her.

I can only speak for myself, but my only real issue with the OP is that he's ranting in total ignorance. Uninvited guests, spousal door-greeting SOPs, and "government intrusions" are less important than that the OP has no idea who came to his door, but freaked out about it anyway.

News flash, sbi: clearly you know your daughter better than we do. But when recruiters come to high schools during lunches, they get approached by dozens of kids. They all fill out contact cards in order to get stickers, notebooks, keychains, pens, and LED flashlights, or just to talk to the cute guys in uniform. I work in a high school and see this all the time. Possibly .01% of those kids who fill out the contact cards have any real interest in joining. As for the ASVAB, dozens of kids take that too... in order to get out of class for a few hours.

Nobody's saying your daughter secretly wants to be an artilleryman, though maybe she does; what do we care? But many of us have had a lot to do with the military recruiting process, and are telling you you're overreacting. If you don't want to hear it, why did you even start the thread?

ETA: And since you bring it up, yes. Yes, I think you should know the difference between a soldier and a Marine.

Last edited:
While some of you feel the need to beat on the OP, you either didn't get his point or are off topic as usual...let me reiterate what I think was the OPs main point was...

SOME UNINVITED ASS HAT WALKED INTO HIS HOUSE.

and as I already posted...

I don't care what anyone says here, paranoid or not, you (military or not) push into my house past the threshold without being asked to come in and you ARE going to have a problem, a big one.

(and I don't give a shit if my wife was talking to you first)

Flame me.

Last edited:
While some of you feel the need to beat on the OP, you either didn't get his point or are off topic as usual...let me reiterate what I think was the OPs main point was...

SOME UNINVITED ASS HAT WALKED INTO HIS HOUSE.

and as I already posted...

I don't care what anyone says here, paranoid or not, you push into my house past the threshold without being asked to come in and you ARE going to have a problem, a big one.

(and I don't give a shit if my wife was talking to you first)

Flame me.

We get it. You said it. I'm going with Paranoid.

Oh, and you've repeated "big problem"? What, you're going to do what to a member of the military exactly?

You walk downstairs while your wife is in mid conversation and what exactly do you do?

- - - Updated - - -

If not, the name tag and U.S. Army or U.S. Marines is usually a dead give-away.

Usually... situational awareness would have to be used, however.

The person should not have entered the house without an explicit invitation to do so.

His business was with the daughter. Upon being told she wasn't home he should have simply offered his card and wished the mom a good day.

No, military is not a dirty word although they do get a bad rep due to politicians.

Sent from my chimney using smoke signals.

What, you're going to do what to a member of the military exactly?

Perhaps I should cower in place and offer tea and crumpets because he's wearing a uniform?

Anyone can buy a uniform...I don't know who you are...the wife appeared to have a two second conversation with the guy before OP walked down...

GTFO of my house or your going out on your head.

It was a bug op. Was there a brief case left behind?

-Proud to be dad every day, a licensed plumber most days, and wish I was a shoemaker on others.

So, assault.

Totally reasonable.

Enjoy that cell.

I'd be in the cell no longer then cash bail got me out.

I'm the problem if I assault you in my own house after I ask you to leave and you don't?

Problem I am, then.

...and excuse me if I don't respond to your next silly response...B's are on...see you after the game or tomorrow...

Oh, so you'd use words first? THAT is reasonable. Nowhere did the OP say he told the Sergeant to leave and the Sergeant refused. Talk about going off topic dude.

Evaluate the situation as it unfolds, utilizing interpersonal skills and there would probably be one less rant on NES today.

Thank you for proving my point.

Situational awareness.

I told him “We’re fine, thank you very much!” in a very stern and assertive tone. Seems like he got the message, he said thank you and left.

Oh, so you'd use words first? THAT is reasonable. Nowhere did the OP say he told the Sergeant to leave and the Sergeant refused. Talk about going off topic dude.

Evaluate the situation as it unfolds, utilizing interpersonal skills and there would probably be one less rant on NES today.

Thank you for proving my point.

Situational awareness.

....OP told him to leave, he left, no problem...and I NEVER said I would NOT use words first...

I'd be in the cell no longer then cash bail got me out.

I'm the problem if I assault you in my own house after I ask you to leave and you don't?

Problem I am, then.

...and excuse me if I don't respond to your next silly response...B's are on...see you after the game or tomorrow...

Oh, he was asked to leave and refused? I missed that part. Which post? Was it before or after he was yelling at his wife for having a conversation?

I was one of the screwed guys who had to sign up in 1980 as part of Jimmy Carter's Selective Service revival. Well, I had just lost my right to drink beer legally the year before, so I did some thinking. Well, not mature enough to drink beer with friends, but legal enough to become cannon fodder? No brainer, there. I refused to register, changed my driver's license address to a PO box and remained silent. Other friends did the same. The less .gov knows about your personal business, the better!

What! So how does any of what you said make you different from the rest of us who served while you avoided defending your country ass hat. I'd rather you just thank you , then shut your mouth .

I was one of the screwed guys who had to sign up in 1980 as part of Jimmy Carter's Selective Service revival. Well, I had just lost my right to drink beer legally the year before, so I did some thinking. Well, not mature enough to drink beer with friends, but legal enough to become cannon fodder? No brainer, there. I refused to register, changed my driver's license address to a PO box and remained silent. Other friends did the same. The less .gov knows about your personal business, the better!

Awesome. A felon.

Screwed how? Please don't ever say you love America or what this country was built on. you are no different the draft dodgers of the 60's. coward [puke]

NES -- all about personal freedoms and freedom from tyranny (unless it's the .mil piece of the .gov that wants to enslave you.)

What a crazy thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom