Army wives

I was wondering what all you military men and wives have to say about the show Army Wives. I'd like to give you my opinion. I think it's anti-military. The reason I think so is because instead of focusing on how proud women are of their men (and men are of their army women), they make all the military and their wives out to be horrible. For example, the next show that will air is about an army wife cheating on her husband, another army man trying to commit suicide by taking a whole bottle of pills, and then two army wives making out.

Now I understand that MAYBE some of this happens but I just think it's a disgrace to focus on the negative things that happen but I guess a positive military show wouldn't make such great ratings. That really sux! Well, it's on lifetime anyway, so what do we expect, right?

That is exactly what I mean. I am a woman and I hate that channel because every movie or tv show makes men out to be horrible and I mean, yes, there are some but not all men are bad apples. Some are pretty cool.

Unfortunately, people behaving badly seems to be "better" subject matter for TV/movies than people behaving nicely. And I am not sure why.

Take it you've never been in the military. The military is a cross section of society. You have your good and bad, and I have plenty of stories from my time in the Army that you really wouldn't believe or probably understand.[thinking]

Take it you've never been in the military. The military is a cross section of society. You have your good and bad, and I have plenty of stories from my time in the Army that you really wouldn't believe or probably understand.[thinking]

No, I have never been in the military but that is not the point. I know there is bad stuff, like I said in my original post, but we should not be focused on that. I was not even talking about things that happen while army men were overseas in the middle of the battle field or anything, I was just saying that this show is a disgrace because it makes all military out to treat their wives like crap and their wives to be shallow. I am more than sure there are people out there who feel the same way I do. It's just that the majority of people just want entertainment and they don't care what the message of shows are.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, people behaving badly seems to be "better" subject matter for TV/movies than people behaving nicely. And I am not sure why.

I know, it's crazy! I guess most people are just shallow. I love seeing positive things on TV. I'm probably gonna be laughed at for saying this but on the Dr Phil show the other day was how some people go out of their way to help others. Like on one part of the show, there was a man who opened a youth facility but it was unique because he taught under privileged kids music and dance and it kept them off the streets and gave them something to look forward to. They didn't charge any money, they just survive on donations. Shows like that really make an impact on me. [wink]

Shows like that you have to view as entertainment. I've only watched a few episodes of it, I didn't find it as bad as you are making it out to be, maybe because I know how things really are. I try not to focus on those shows to much, because I will end up picking them apart.
So if I watch a show that has to do with the military I watch it as entertainment. If I wanted feel good, whatever shows I would watch the Disney channel all the time.[grin]

Shows like that you have to view as entertainment. I've only watched a few episodes of it, I didn't find it as bad as you are making it out to be, maybe because I know how things really are. I try not to focus on those shows to much, because I will end up picking them apart.
So if I watch a show that has to do with the military I watch it as entertainment. If I wanted feel good, whatever shows I would watch the Disney channel all the time.[grin]

I agree with you, Sue. It is where you put your focus - there are 2 ends to every stick.

... the next show that will air is about an army wife cheating on her husband,...

FWIW, laws in China would drop very heavily on a cheating husband/wife of a soldier currently serving: incarceration of not more than 3 years. Same for the party who's screwing the soldier's husband/wife...

That'll keep the 'Dear John' letters at bay for sure...

If I wanted feel good, whatever shows I would watch the Disney channel all the time.[grin]

It is not a matter of feeling good, it is a matter of having respect for the military and their wives. Many women don't find anything wrong with lifetime in general when in fact all they do is make all men out to be rapists, wife beaters and child molesters. Now I know that there are some who are but there in general there are some great men out there. But all the feminists want is for you to focus on the negative because they hate men. And I do believe people should pick apart movies and tv shows because we should be aware of what message is being taught to our subconscious.

Oh, and btw, there are other shows out there that might make someone feel good besides cartoons. The learning channel and discovery health have plenty of them and I am sure there are many others too.

Like I have said I have only watched a couple of episodes and I didn't find it as bad as you are making it out to be. The episodes I saw I didn't find disrespectful to the military in any way.
I think you read way more into this show that is necessary. Maybe finding something different to watch will help.
I've got way more things to do than concern myself with one show.

pffft ive heard of WAY more horrible things happening to military guys and there wives, shit i dunno how many divorces/break ups happened when i was overseas

Back
Top Bottom