• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Army uniform for the army navy game. Go Army....beat Navy.

Hmm.

So... the whole team will be #3? Not sure that'll work. And the color... eww.

I don't really mind these kinds of gimmicks, I guess, but it saddens me a little that the game is no longer perceived to have enough "juice" to make it interesting on its own account. Like, it's a little pathetic that we need hype videos and specialized uniforms and "honored divisions" to garner interest in Army/Navy.

Hmm.

So... the whole team will be #3? Not sure that'll work. And the color... eww.

I don't really mind these kinds of gimmicks, I guess, but it saddens me a little that the game is no longer perceived to have enough "juice" to make it interesting on its own account. Like, it's a little pathetic that we need hype videos and specialized uniforms and "honored divisions" to garner interest in Army/Navy.
I'm sure the number 3 on the uniform is just for the video.

No need to garner interest......the tickets for the Army navy game each year have more demand than an NFL conference or division championship game.

I'm sure the number 3 on the uniform is just for the video.

No need to garner interest......the tickets for the Army navy game each year have more demand than an NFL conference or division championship game.

Then why do they bother doing stuff like this?

Just put on a uniform and play a football game. The rest of this strikes me as a gimmick.

Meh. I like it. Guess I just like the sappy stuff. 😂

I'm probably a little cranky.

I remember being voluntold to act in hype videos my USMA bosses used to make, involving things like hanging a Navy player in effigy or shooting a stuffed goat out of a howitzer. There were always rehearsals, banners, more rehearsals, chants, fake enthusiasm, even more rehearsals, and fussy editing. The USMA graduates placed a great deal of importance on these videos; we ROTC people tended to roll our eyes, because the time spent making the stupid videos was time we'd have to make up later, doing actual work.

Don't mind me. I'm happy to watch the game and I'm VERY respectful of the traditions of the two academies, even though I tend to root for Navy. But the ancillary crap tends to just rub me the wrong way.

I'm probably a little cranky.

I remember being voluntold to act in hype videos my USMA bosses used to make, involving things like hanging a Navy player in effigy or shooting a stuffed goat out of a howitzer. There were always rehearsals, banners, more rehearsals, chants, fake enthusiasm, even more rehearsals, and fussy editing. The USMA graduates placed a great deal of importance on these videos; we ROTC people tended to roll our eyes, because the time spent making the stupid videos was time we'd have to make up later, doing actual work.

Don't mind me. I'm happy to watch the game and I'm VERY respectful of the traditions of the two academies, even though I tend to root for Navy. But the ancillary crap tends to just rub me the wrong way.
Hey.....the navy uniforms this year are paying tribute to the submariners so.......they got that going for them. 😂

Third Herd! “I wouldn’t give a bean….”

Is there an over-under pool for total number of passes by both teams?

USMA lost to UMASS, who is something like 5-45 over the last five seasons.

Third Herd! “I wouldn’t give a bean….”

Is there an over-under pool for total number of passes by both teams?

USMA lost to UMASS, who is something like 5-45 over the last five seasons.
Army in on a 3 game won streak they have momentum 😂

11 Infantry
10 Field Artillery
6 Engineers
And a few each Armor, Aviation, Signal Corps and one ADA.

Went looking for value of tv deals but couldn’t find the numbers.

One article mentioned $7 million in ticket sales.

Cant ever remember paying attention to the game while on active duty: only 10% of Army officers gain commissions at USMA. Ironically, tore a ligament in my knee on their lousy lacrosse field which prevented me from joining the Army for five years.

Cant ever remember paying attention to the game while on active duty:
Yeah, a lot of civilians don't get that; it's not "the army" vs "the navy." It's just the academies. Most people in the .mil don't feel any institutional loyalty to either West Point or Annapolis.

Like I said above, the West Pointers I served with cared a lot. Nobody else GAF. Unfortunately, the division I was in had more than its share of West Pointers, lol.

Back
Top Bottom