Article: Obama Administration Finalizes Social Security Gun Ban

"In other words[FONT=Georgia, serif], once the beneficiary has the SSA’s attention–by having someone help with finances–the process of determining mental health status begins,"[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, serif]so to put this as simply as possible....if you collect social security and pay someone to do your taxes you "needed assistance managing your finances".

This guy is a dictator. He should be reviewed for and charged with crimes against freedom when he is out of office.
[/FONT]

They're already doing this to our veterans.

If a fiduciary is named by the VA to manage a vet's VA benefits, the VA notified NICS and that person is prohibited. I don't see how this can be called an "adjudication", as required by 18 USC 922
(g) It shall be unlawful for any person ... who has been adjudicated as a mental defective or who has been committed to a mental institution ... to ... possess in or affecting commerce, any firearm or ammunition; or to receive any firearm or ammunition which has been shipped or transported in interstate or foreign commerce.

If a fiduciary is named by the VA to manage a vet's VA benefits, the VA notified NICS and that person is prohibited. I don't see how this can be called an "adjudication", as required by 18 USC 922
There are ways to accomplish the same thing that does not trigger this bogus prohibition:

Simply have all benefits deposited to a joint checking account, with the person who is managing the vet's (or SS recipient's) finances as the other signatory.

Do not fill out a "fidiciuary application" with the VA, but rather have a durable power of attorney.

And, throw in a health care proxy to round things out.

They're already doing this to our veterans.

The VA also reports any veteran who seeks counseling for PTSD through the VA.
Some states ban anyone who gets treated for alcohol abuse too. The list of abuses is long and getting longer.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

There are ways to accomplish the same thing that does not trigger this bogus prohibition:

Simply have all benefits deposited to a joint checking account, with the person who is managing the vet's (or SS recipient's) finances as the other signatory.

Do not fill out a "fidiciuary application" with the VA, but rather have a durable power of attorney.

The VA will not honor a power of attorney.

If both cases I dealt with where a fiduciary was named, it was the wife of the vet, where they already had a joint account.

Last edited:

Yeah but im sure the people at the VA aren't going to explain this. They will simply get you the forms and destroy your rights without telling you its going to do that.

For the states that have licensing are they going to get what they want by attrition? When your license/permit comes up for renewal it will be denied? Then what does an owner do with his/her property. Forced to sell or confiscated in PDR states?

For those of you in free states, where no licensing is required, do you slip under the radar? I am sure that he would try to find a way to stop the purchase of ammo also if he could.

The current administration hates vets, young and old, and know that vets are the ones who know how to use MSR's. [sad2]

I hope Trump has been working out his writing hand.
He's going to need it .
That and any monkey in these agencies complicit in this crap needs to find out what it takes to make it in the private sector.
Drain that swamp baby.

The VA also reports any veteran who seeks counseling for PTSD through the VA.
Some states ban anyone who gets treated for alcohol abuse too. The list of abuses is long and getting longer.

No they don't. Where did you hear that?

Whatever he got denied for, it wasn't simply for mental health treatment in the VHA. I hope no veteran reads this and defers treatment based on bad info.

I hope Trump has been working out his writing hand.
He's going to need it .
That and any monkey in these agencies complicit in this crap needs to find out what it takes to make it in the private sector.
Drain that swamp baby.

No need for that, he can always use O's doctrine of "I’ve got a pen and I’ve got a phone".

Last edited:
No need for that, he can always use O's doctrine of "I’ve got a pen and I’ve got a phone".
VA got busted delaying permit renewals for NC veterans. They kept sending firms back to SO's and requesting other forms that were not required by law.
Took a call from Senator's office to stop that crap.
Apparently all veterans permit applications also go through the VA. that much is true.
Veterans are better off going outside the VA anyway.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Take away my guns because I'm incompetent? Fine. I can't remember where I put them. Because I'm incompetent.

I'm not there yet, but f them.

Sent from State prison using contraband cell phone.

If this is going to be like the VA ban, it is very insidious. My own elderly father (R.I.P.) fell into the trap they set. Fortunately, he managed to get out of it. Be careful. Be very, very careful. [thinking]

VA got busted delaying permit renewals for NC veterans. They kept sending firms back to SO's and requesting other forms that were not required by law.
Took a call from Senator's office to stop that crap.
Apparently all veterans permit applications also go through the VA. that much is true.
Veterans are better off going outside the VA anyway.

Can you cite a news story from a legitimate source, or a VA directive, or a state law to support this? What was the Senator's name? Did he issue a press release? These stories never seem to pan out.

It's almost always the case that these stories have a grain of truth (i.e. the tiny proportion VHA enrollees deemed unable to manage their finances and reported to NICS) which people wrongly generalize to all veterans.

Can you cite a news story from a legitimate source, or a VA directive, or a state law to support this? What was the Senator's name? Did he issue a press release? These stories never seem to pan out.

It's almost always the case that these stories have a grain of truth (i.e. the tiny proportion VHA enrollees deemed unable to manage their finances and reported to NICS) which people wrongly generalize to all veterans.
Senator Burr.
My neighbor was one if the veterans whose renewal was delayed by the VA. Not DC but a regional office in the state.
Mental background checks are required in NC and fir anyone who is a veteran has their application sent to the VA as well.
Never made the news because once Senator Burr got involved the delays stopped.

Senator Burr.
My neighbor was one if the veterans whose renewal was delayed by the VA. Not DC but a regional office in the state.
Mental background checks are required in NC and fir anyone who is a veteran has their application sent to the VA as well.
Never made the news because once Senator Burr got involved the delays stopped.

Wow, NC is messed up! Does everyone who applies for a permit have to sign a release for medical records? Does the sheriff literally get printouts of all your doctor's notes, inpatient progress reports, etc., and read and interpret them? That is creepy as hell.

I know the VA has its own form for release of medical records. They would never accept some NC state form, so I wonder if the delay was a technicality.

Wow, NC is messed up! Does everyone who applies for a permit have to sign a release for medical records? Does the sheriff literally get printouts of all your doctor's notes, inpatient progress reports, etc., and read and interpret them? That is creepy as hell.

I know the VA has its own form for release of medical records. They would never accept some NC state form, so I wonder if the delay was a technicality.
Yes we have to sign a release for those records. It may be a remnant from when democrats controlled the house, Senate, and governor office but still managed to pass CC permit.
Or it is due to interpretation of new federal rules. Hard to tell these days.

Whatever he got denied for, it wasn't simply for mental health treatment in the VHA. I hope no veteran reads this and defers treatment based on bad info.

One has to adjudicated via a legal trial to trigger the DQ. Adjudicated mentally defective, committed to a mental institution or found not guilty by reason of insanity.

Next step will be the soviet era mental institutions or red chinese re-education centers.

Hello all, I am new to the forum and appreciate this place.

Can someone please explain to me why, with some exceptions, many of those who would be described as "liberal/leftist/democrat" tend to be against individual citizens having the right to self-defense of one's person and property? I would hope I'm wrong on this analysis, but it seems to be the situation. They often seem to side against the law-abiding citizen, who has used a knife or gun to defend themselves and their homes from violent criminals. Why is this?

My take on it is that they prefer to rely on the gov't for everything, so they believe that dialing 911 will have Superman show up instantly.

Back
Top Bottom