Assault weapons ..

I wasnt quoting the second ammendment, but if you want me to, read the first words in the second amendment.

"a well regulated militia"

I didnt know a well regulated militia was considered an individual person. I always thought a well regulated militia was an organization (state national guard unit, for example) that is well regulated, (chain of command, for example).

"being necessary for the security of a free state"

NECESSARY.. this is why we have "citizen/soldiers" or minute men, back in the day. We have national guardsman who train one weekend a month, so when it becomes necessary to defend the security of the free state.

"we stand ready to deploy, engage, and destroy the enemies of the united states in close combat."

Thats my interpretation, but like I said, I want my guns at homr, and so do you, and I dont have any problem with that.

So you interpret it to mean that only the military should have guns, but you're willing to overlook that because you think people should be allowed to have guns at home.... as long as they aren't too killy?

So you interpret it to mean that only the military should have guns, but you're willing to overlook that because you think people should be allowed to have guns at home.... as long as they aren't too killy?

I thought he was saying it was OK for HIM to have guns at home.

"an act that causes another to apprehend immediate and personal violence"

"A thing designed or used for inflicting bodily harm or physical damage"

put it together: Something That causes immediate and personal violence and is used for inflicting bodily harm. No where in the definition does say "for sport" or "for hunting."

WTF do sports and hunting have to do with any of this? The "assault weapons" that everybody on NBC/etc are so scared of are designed to kill bad guys. Not deer, not clay targets, not steel plates - people. Bad ones, namely, depending on your perspective. Too many gun owners already feel ashamed for owning a weapon that might be effective if they ever got into a conflict - for the love of all things killy let's stop eating our own by perpetuating that BS. There's nothing wrong with owning a gun that is effective at killing lots of bad guys effectively; some day, you may need to.

-edit- Oh, you're the troll from that locked thread a couple days ago. Makes sense now. Carry on.

I saw a year or so ago a town had a militia that trained regularly. The town tried to have it shut down but to there dismay no luck. I think we should start an NES militia were we break up into our own local groups find an area where we can set up CQB training teach proper cleaning maint and hone shootings skills helping eachother along the way. Sure the forums are great there's so many great and helpful people but physical training and an organized militia would help us alot more if that day comes where we the people have to defend ourselves from uncle same / dear leader Obama. I don't know the actually legalities behind this but the 2nd amendment does entitle us to a well regulated militia what does that break down to can we setup a plywood war zone and teach eachother how to actually fight in a combat situation if need be? I'm willing to bet if push comes to shove our local national guard would more likely be 50/50 on defending the constitution against all enemy's both foreign and DOMESTIC. If any one is actually willing to do the research to set up a legal local militia where we can train and help eachother home shooting and defense skills and teamwork I would be in, and I'm sure there's many others out there.

The said part is that there are a ton of folks in the "shooting sports" and actual NRA members that still call modern semi-automatic rifles as "assault rifles" and "assault weapons" (usually when referencing a specific rifle, like the AR-15). I always try to correct them since I think it's just ignorance on their end.

This thread has really got legs - amazing...or not so...Speaking of legs....

this_thread_delivers_ups_chick_amaz.jpg

WTF do sports and hunting have to do with any of this? The "assault weapons" that everybody on NBC/etc are so scared of are designed to kill bad guys. Not deer, not clay targets, not steel plates - people. Bad ones, namely, depending on your perspective. Too many gun owners already feel ashamed for owning a weapon that might be effective if they ever got into a conflict - for the love of all things killy let's stop eating our own by perpetuating that BS. There's nothing wrong with owning a gun that is effective at killing lots of bad guys effectively; some day, you may need to.

-edit- Oh, you're the troll from that locked thread a couple days ago. Makes sense now. Carry on.

I agree 100% WE as gun as law abiding gun owners are a big part of the problem because we are so afraid of upsetting the apple cart that we try to justify our right to bear arms under the guise of "sporting and hunting". Who are we trying to kid? The antis already think ALL guns are equally bad, so why does it matter how they are classified? I do enjoy shooting my extra killy black rifles at the range, but that is not why I have them. Going to the range is just to keep my skills sharp in the event I should ever need them to defend against bad guys bent on harming me, or my family.

I saw a year or so ago a town had a militia that trained regularly. The town tried to have it shut down but to there dismay no luck. I think we should start an NES militia were we break up into our own local groups find an area where we can set up CQB training teach proper cleaning maint and hone shootings skills helping eachother along the way. Sure the forums are great there's so many great and helpful people but physical training and an organized militia would help us alot more if that day comes where we the people have to defend ourselves from uncle same / dear leader Obama. I don't know the actually legalities behind this but the 2nd amendment does entitle us to a well regulated militia what does that break down to can we setup a plywood war zone and teach eachother how to actually fight in a combat situation if need be? I'm willing to bet if push comes to shove our local national guard would more likely be 50/50 on defending the constitution against all enemy's both foreign and DOMESTIC. If any one is actually willing to do the research to set up a legal local militia where we can train and help eachother home shooting and defense skills and teamwork I would be in, and I'm sure there's many others out there.

While this is an excellent concept, it is very likely that the group would be on the radar with the BATF, FBI, etc. as a potential domestic terrorism threat, and eliminated in the Waco fashion. Maybe some of our brighter legal minds as well as LEOs can chime in on the legality of an organized "private militia". I'm very interested in something like this if it's possible to legally implement.

I saw it a few months maybe a year ago I believe it was somewhere in nh and they were training in the police/ FBI fashion of a training course with pop up targets run threw the house and shoot the terrorist and avoid hitting the civilians. Along with a range teaching proper shooting techniques, breathing, sighting in scopes etc.

I saw it a few months maybe a year ago I believe it was somewhere in nh and they were training in the police/ FBI fashion of a training course with pop up targets run threw the house and shoot the terrorist and avoid hitting the civilians. Along with a range teaching proper shooting techniques, breathing, sighting in scopes etc.

Yeah, I know some of the training schools run these sort of classes, but I believe it would be different if it was a private group of guys that got together for regular military type training. It seems like that would be construed as "terrorist" activities - not sure, though.

If "they" want to call them "assault rifles"
Can't we call them Defense Rifles and be technically correct?

Redd - what you're doing is "framing the debate" - this is why many will call them EBRs (Evil Black Rifles), here, but in a non-gun forum, "Modern Sporting Rifles"

The problem is that the Antis have done a good job of poisoning the debate - assault weapon/rifle is well entrenched in public discourse.

Back
Top Bottom