• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ATF E-Forms Intentionally Shut Down (LOL for Maintenance)

Mountain

NES Member
Edit- According to ATF it will be up and running asap.

Appears that the ATF has suddenly shut down its E-Forms service. I'll come back with a link or two. Opinions are that it was politically motivated.

Last edited:
Ugh, a few weeks ago it was as slow as a wet week in Ireland, then it’s was rocket fast, now it’s down. Those alphabet soup lads are playing game for sure. I can hear the conversation now, unplug 1/2 the servers, now plug in twice as many, now let’s unplug all and see what happens! Pricks!

Is it just that eForms are down or entire NFA processing is on hold?
In other words are they still processing paper applications if ones are submitted?

Is it just that eForms are down or entire NFA processing is on hold?
In other words are they still processing paper applications if ones are submitted?
Supposedly just e-forms, which is weird because that's way more efficient and I would assume easier on their manpower. Smell test indicates some sort of political nonsense.

eForms has always had routine maintenance shutdowns, full days. I always thought it showed how poorly the DB was designed, but it's been happening for years.

eForms has always had routine maintenance shutdowns, full days. I always thought it showed how poorly the DB was designed, but it's been happening for years.

I have a little insight into bureaucratic databases and systems. No matter how fancy the surface might seem. the underbelly can be downright frightening.

I have a little insight into bureaucratic databases and systems. No matter how fancy the surface might seem. the underbelly can be downright frightening.
I work for the state and the database that I use is a MS access database going back 20+ years. It’s very annoying how they won’t update it

I work for the state and the database that I use is a MS access database going back 20+ years. It’s very annoying how they won’t update it
it’s difficult to justify re-writing a “legacy” system. There’s typically little to be gained and lots of risk.

Now add in that the owner doesn’t have the necessity of having a market competitive product - and forget it.

I've seen a lot of chatter that the ATF site was down intentionally, not for maintenance. I guess we'll see.

Last edited:
From ATF's website-

eforms_logo.png

NOTIFICATION FOR EFORMS USERS:​

The ATF eForms system is unavailable at the present time. We hope to complete our maintenance as soon as possible.

Please be advised:​

If you use eForms to file the ATF Form 2 pursuant to 27 CFR 479.103, you will be permitted to submit the ATF Form 2 by the close of the next business day after the eForms system is back online. This delay in submitting your required ATF Form 2 is only applicable for this outage that began at 2358 on February 27, 2024. You should check periodically if eForms is back online.

While you may submit a paper application, you are encouraged to wait until the eForms system is back online.

FOR ASSISTANCE:​

If you have any questions, please call the ATF NFA Helpline at 304 616 4500.

@Dennis in MA , what's so funny about ammoland.com being a legit website? LOL, OK maybe a little funny... [rofl]

Earlier in the week, AmmoLand News received a concerning tip from an anonymous source about the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) eForms system being shut down for the foreseeable future.

Back
Top Bottom