• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ATF new 'gotcha'! ??

I like that a LOT!

I have a .25 Pen Gun. Clips in my shirt pocket just like a pen. A tug and twist later and you have a single shot derringer that will almost certainly annoy your attacker if you manage to shoot him directly in the eye.
Interesting pen q... tell me does it write too?

Interesting pen q... tell me does it write too?

It does not, sadly.

1702300715676.png

This is a pic from the web, but there are a few pics of mine floating around here someplace.

Maybe a little robust for a pen, but it doesn't attract any attention. The eye just sees the end of a thick pen or a marker poking out of your pocket.

It does not, sadly.

View attachment 826614

This is a pic from the web, but there are a few pics of mine floating around here someplace.

Maybe a little robust for a pen, but it doesn't attract any attention. The eye just sees the end of a thick pen or a marker poking out of your pocket.
Yeah i always thought those were cool

I would've like to pick one up cheap

It's not the gun. It's this part: "Selling this on FB, direct from China"
I still don't see the illegal part. Is it direct to an FFL or direct to customer?

If direct to customer, I get it.

Last edited:
It's not the gun. It's this part: "Selling this on FB, direct from China"
The website (linked to via the facebook post) is a mishmash of scraped pictures and content from a variety of sites, isn't internally consistent in the domain name it refers to itself by.

How can you tell that it is a scam and not an ATF sting? I suspect if you actually went through the process to try to order, it would refuse to accept VISA and redirect you to a chargeback-proof payment mechanism.

When the "LIfe Card" first came out, they were running the same scam for that toy gun -- they might ship you the "gel blaster" toy, or just take your money and not send anything.

And cock it. And recock for every follow-up shot. And the spur trigger is meant for a gorilla to pull. NAA revolvers are meant for the ILLUSION of defense. I still think the best is the belt-buckle one. LOL

I keep a collection of oddball guns on my desk as decorations. There's a baby browning, a rotary revolver, a Phaser from Star Trek TOS, etc. The pen gun is currently apart in the safe. I have to find or make a little connector in the mechanism. I have a relaxed work environment.

I never will understand the appeal of NAA mini revolvers.
You don't have to....there just needs to be enough people that DO, to make $ for the company. [laugh]

There are many things in this wide, wild world that I don't understand the appeal of. Like whole-wheat bread, and Cheer-i-os without the honey-nut flavor.

G-d bless 'em, if they can make a buck!

Back
Top Bottom