• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ATF raids home of Clinton Airport's manager

you may be right, but it was a for profit operation for him, considering the volume: "purchased more than 150 guns between May 2021 and Feb. 27, 2024, which he then resold without a firearms license".
so if he was selling to gangbangers - frankly i see no reason to cry over his fate too much. people like that are the reason why law abiding people are getting raped by atf for no good reason.
He was such a dangerous criminal that they... *checks notes* ...didn't even have a warrant for his arrest. Just to search his home, which they could have done without him.

Yeah, it’s not like we haven’t heard of other recent cases of the ATF charging collectors/people who buy and sell lots of guns just to try them and realize they don’t want them. The ATF has a new definition of “in the business of selling firearms” thanks to Congress changing some language from the law. We’re all at risk of this type of shit if we sell a gun for more money than we bought it for.

Haven't read all of this - didn't their warrant specify daytime???? It was a search warrant. They weren't going in to arrest him. While he was likely guilty, this is Jammit Reno style tactics. Stupid.

Idiot? Yes. Could he have been taken elsewhere, at a different time? Yup. They exercised poor judgement hoping to create a scene and/or "send a message" to people like you and me. JBT's!!!!
Well no... they can't take him elsewhere if it's a search warrant and not an arrest warrant.

They could've grabbed him leaving his house for work maybe.

But they could not have gotten him like at dunks for example

Yeah, it’s not like we haven’t heard of other recent cases of the ATF charging collectors/people who buy and sell lots of guns just to try them and realize they don’t want them. The ATF has a new definition of “in the business of selling firearms” thanks to Congress changing some language from the law. We’re all at risk of this type of shit if we sell a gun for more money than we bought it for.
I think it was the setting up shop at a gun show that irked them... who knows

I think it was the setting up shop at a gun show that irked them... who knows

But not illegal if he wasn’t in the business of selling guns. It could have been that he just went through lots of guns and it was easier to get rid of ones he didn’t like at gun shows. I’m not inclined to immediately believe the ATF that he was truly in the business of selling guns.

But not illegal if he wasn’t in the business of selling guns. It could have been that he just went through lots of guns and it was easier to get rid of ones he didn’t like at gun shows. I’m not inclined to immediately believe the ATF that he was truly in the business of selling guns.
I don't disagree considering i went wild when i moved to ga I probably did 40 transactions this year.
Most were on trade though

Well no... they can't take him elsewhere if it's a search warrant and not an arrest warrant.

They could've grabbed him leaving his house for work maybe.

But they could not have gotten him like at dunks for example
True
But if you serve the warrant as he drives off for work or arrives at home from work then you don't have to go in guns blazing since he isn't in a position to destroy evidence

just a guess here, but i'm thinking the HUNDREDS of gun purchases buying the same models and guns he bought being picked up on drug dealers less than 24 hours later might be one reason.
The search warrant states that the guns were found at 6 "crime scenes." 3 of those were not mentioned as to what the crime was. The other three were found on people with "suspicion of marijuana" after a traffic stop.

We can all agree he was playing with fire by running this business without an FFL.

We can simultaneously say that the method for serving the search warrant was excessive.

Haven't read all of this - didn't their warrant specify daytime???? It was a search warrant. They weren't going in to arrest him. While he was likely guilty, this is Jammit Reno style tactics. Stupid.
I havent read the warrant either, but it probably specified a time, like between 6AM and 6PM, or it specified between sunrise and sunset, which the time would be different every day, based on date and location, but still around 6AM.
Today sunrise was at 0637.
It was still somewhat dark at 0637.

I havent read the warrant either, but it probably specified a time, like between 6AM and 6PM, or it specified between sunrise and sunset, which the time would be different every day, based on date and location, but still around 6AM.
Today sunrise was at 0637.
It was still somewhat dark at 0637.
it was a daytime warrant to start at 6am, i forget the end time, but you know they were on his porch at 5:59

True
But if you serve the warrant as he drives off for work or arrives at home from work then you don't have to go in guns blazing since he isn't in a position to destroy evidence
But they would have lost their legal excuse to execute him . . . which I believe was their real objective.

it was a daytime warrant to start at 6am, i forget the end time, but you know they were on his porch at 5:59
And they could have done it without him being home.

Hopefully, this will go to a court and the ATF will be held responsible for yet another willfully botched and unnecessary raid, conducted for a paperwork crime.

And they could have done it without him being home.

Hopefully, this will go to a court and the ATF will be held responsible for yet another willfully botched and unnecessary raid, conducted for a paperwork crime.
If they do 5 do we get the atf botched raid merit badge at scouts or something?

The videos don't show much. The neighbor's cam shows the vehicles arriving. Malinowski's camera shows them coming onto the porch and taping over his camera lens (a good reason to have both overt and covert camera coverage).

Both show that it's definitely dark, not even a little bit light outside. So much for serving the warrant "during the daytime", as it specifies.

View: https://youtu.be/OnykTnLXvuw?si=lMGBlTvkmO7J4ZkF

View: https://youtu.be/pKBvTcLSFkA?si=zNJDVXIegPiMNIaK

The videos don't show much. The neighbor's cam shows the vehicles arriving. Malinowski's camera shows them coming onto the porch and taping over his camera lens (a good reason to have both overt and covert camera coverage).
If the raid was totally legit, there would be NO justification for covering up any cameras. To me this just proves that they had a different agenda, and that was unjustified murder.

If the raid was totally legit, there would be NO justification for covering up any cameras. To me this just proves that they had a different agenda, and that was unjustified murder.

Devil’s advocate: Tactically, there could be a reason for it in a high risk arrest warrant or a barricaded suspect/hostage situation.

Completely unjustified for a SEARCH warrant where the things being searched for can’t be destroyed in seconds. Hell, unjustified for an arrest warrant too, aside from known dangerous criminals.

But further, coupled with this happening in the dark, likely as the guy is getting woken up by it, it just exacerbates the guy rightfully trying to defend himself from unknown home invaders. Anybody can say that they’re cops. But if his camera is covered, he can’t confirm that they are police. He probably didn’t even have a chance to see who it was though.

“Malinowski's wife was also home at the time of the raid.

"At this stage there is no publicly available evidence showing whether agents knocked on the door or announced their presence, adequately identifying themselves. Bryan’s wife Maer only heard loud banging immediately followed by the crash of the front door being forced open,"”

Damn thugs. No other way to describe it. I’m not sure how they can justify to themselves that level of force was reasonable for such a search warrant. This is not how the police operate in a free and just democracy or republic.

Last edited:
“The Arkansas State Police Criminal Investigation Division is investigating the incident at the request of the ATF.

After ASP finishes its investigation, the file will be handed over to the prosecuting attorney who will determine if the use of deadly force was justified under Arkansas state law.”

“We’ve investigated our fellow police and determined there was no wrongdoing within our brotherhood.” - ASP investigation results, probably

Reminds me of this:

The Arkansas AG should be demanding the identity of and filing charges against the ATF agent that taped over the Ring camera covering the front porch of Malinowski's home.
Once they arrived, that scene became an official scene and that agent tampered with video evidence on that scene by blocking the camera with tape.

That action is like a police department erasing an audio tape of the phones or radio traffic in a dispatch center.

The Arkansas AG should be demanding the identity of and filing charges against the ATF agent that taped over the Ring camera covering the front porch of Malinowski's home.
Once they arrived, that scene became an official scene and that agent tampered with video evidence on that scene by blocking the camera with tape.

That action is like a police department erasing an audio tape of the phones or radio traffic in a dispatch center.
Obstructing or destroying doorbell cameras is, as mentioned upthread, SOP for SWAT.

Back
Top Bottom