Auburn Sportsmans Club

FYI
Meeting tonight 6:30
If you are a member, consider joining the Board of Directors. You can either take an open chairmanship, run for one when they open up in the Fall, or go for a "director at large" position. Or, just get on a committee and help out.

BURGER BASH TONIGHT!

FRIDAY JUNE 24th 4:00 – 7:00
BURGERS HOT OFF THE GRILL
HOMEMADE FRIES
WIDE ASSORTMENT OF CONDIMENTS & CHEESES
PRICE: $7.00
BACON: 50 CENTS EXTRA
TICKETS WILL BE AVAILABLE IN THE LOUNGE

mail

Well, there was a proposal and almost a vote last Monday to "ban fully automatic rifles at the range". The thing is, they never took a vote. Didn't even do an "All opposed?". They did make a motion, and got a second, did some discussion, but never took the vote. I want to bring this up, and suggest they bring it back up for a proper vote at the next meeting. Thoughts?

Well, there was a proposal and almost a vote last Monday to "ban fully automatic rifles at the range". The thing is, they never took a vote. Didn't even do an "All opposed?". They did make a motion, and got a second, did some discussion, but never took the vote. I want to bring this up, and suggest they bring it back up for a proper vote at the next meeting. Thoughts?
Their feet definitely should be held to the fire with regard to following meeting rules, but it's a MA club so they'll probably vote to ban all semi-automatic rifles next.

Were I actually paying money for membership at that club, I would want the fudd element calling for bans on firearms to explain why banning firearms at a range are his/her crusade.

But if the membership would actually pass a firearm ban via a legitimate vote, it's probably time to leave and find a non-fudd club.

why? sounds like maybe you want to ban them? if not, what is to gain?

No, I don't want to ban them. It just irks me, because I was ready to put my hand up as opposed, then they went from the discussion right to another topic, as though the vote was taken (unanimous). They just assumed nobody was against it.

I would want the fudd element calling for bans on firearms to explain why banning firearms at a range are his/her crusade.
They are afraid of shots going over the berm maybe? Someone mentioned neighbors keeping track of "round counts" or something like that and complaining.

Been asking for people to step forward and join here, but not much traction. NES and your typical NE Sportsman's Club are two very different animals when it comes to non-hunting uses of guns.

No, I don't want to ban them. It just irks me, because I was ready to put my hand up as opposed, then they went from the discussion right to another topic, as though the vote was taken (unanimous). They just assumed nobody was against it.

They are afraid of shots going over the berm maybe? Someone mentioned neighbors keeping track of "round counts" or something like that and complaining.

Been asking for people to step forward and join here, but not much traction. NES and your typical NE Sportsman's Club are two very different animals when it comes to non-hunting uses of guns.
i was a member in my youth, and my dad was a member till his death. im a member at SRGC, and they (also) are run by fudds, who seem to care more about the drinking crowd and less about fishing/hunting/archery/shooting crowds...i never cared for the range at ASC

Meeting tonight at 6:30, open to members.

Might take a revisit to the non-vote "vote" on banning machine guns at the ranges.

Come be a part of your club. We need officers and board chairs also.

PLEASE COME! PLEASE HELP OUT!

**REMINDER: Nominations**Nikki Pray
9/19 Monday 6:30 PM
Nominations Meeting

PLEASE COME! PLEASE HELP OUT!

**REMINDER: Nominations**Nikki Pray
9/19 Monday 6:30 PM
Nominations Meeting
@Coyote33 , that is one thing I miss. I had some good times at that place. How is the archery field course holding up? I hauled a lot of those hay bales with my deer cart up that damn hill on the other side of the road :)

Is there still a work requirement? I’d like to rejoin since it’s so close to me, but I just don’t have the to volunteer (I barely have time to shoot!!)

**MEETING TONIGHT**

Meeting tonight at 6:30
All members can attend. We are always looking for help. Come to the meeting to find out how you can get more information or contribute to the club. There are open positions on committees, so please step forward.

Thank you!

**MEETING TONIGHT**

All members can attend. We are always looking for help. Come to the meeting to find out how you can get more information or contribute to the club. There are open positions on committees, so please step forward.

Thank you!

PLEASE COME AND SIGN UP FOR A COMMITTEE!!!!

**Elections/Nominations**Nikki Pray
I hope everyone has had an excellent summer! Our nominations meeting is quickly approaching (Monday 9/18). *Current* officers/directors at large, if you do not anticipate holding your current position for the year 2023-2024 please send me a direct email in advance. Preferably, as soon as you know. I want to make sure I can put out the word ASAP. [email protected]

We hold ten (10) director-at-large positions. There are no pre-requisites. Keep in mind, any position dealing with money you need three (3) consecutive years on the board.

*Reminder* If you are nominated at the meeting, you must be present to accept the nomination unless I’m notified prior about an absence, making it excused.

So far, the following positions are open:
  • Treasurer
  • Assistant Treasurer
  • Clerk
  • House
  • Horseshoes
  • Publicity

Meeting tomorrow night. Still quite a few open board positions. Could really REALLY use some good members; members who are interested in shooting.

Would really love to get this club heading in the right direction, but it needs good volunteers to make this happen. Please come forward, and help your club.

Last edited:
**Club Meeting Tonight**

Club Meeting tonight!
March 18, 2024 6:30 PM
Members welcome
This is your chance to step up and help your club

Back
Top Bottom