• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ban on manufacturing "assault guns" in Massachusetts

Not gonna pass or make a damn bit of difference if it did, shows how little they understand the gun industry or the legal definition of "assault weapon." I'd bet 98% of what S&W makes is not considered an "assault weapon" under the terms of the ban, and as far as I now S&W does not really manufacture magazines, they are mostly made for S&W by companies like Mec-Gar.

Not gonna pass or make a damn bit of difference if it did, shows how little they understand the gun industry or the legal definition of "assault weapon." I'd bet 98% of what S&W makes is not considered an "assault weapon" under the terms of the ban, and as far as I now S&W does not really manufacture magazines, they are mostly made for S&W by companies like Mec-Gar.
Nah their mp sport line up is pretty popular I thought

But whatever we're quibbling over nothing

I would really laugh if they moved to NH and offered a relocation package to their current employees to go with them. I would prefer not to see the working slobs take a hit because of Mass douchebagery
I would love to see them build right over the border too. Are they still trying to sell that golf course in Hudson?

and make sure they sell the old factory to an affordable housing consortium
That site has significant hazmat remediation costs and demolishing the factory components due the weight of the presses and other heavy equipment wouldn't be cheap. The utilities are also all wrong for residential use and would require a heft investment.

If S&W leaves, Springfield is a ghost city. A significant number of other businesses in metro-Springfield are dependent on having S&W as a customer and are bankrupt if that factory closes.

Of all the nonsensical BS just to get some likes and circle jerk with the "woke" left....

The message is that any company in MA that makes weapons is bad and should be asked to leave, yet they skip over Raytheon. This is a hit piece on 2A rights using scare tactics and cherry picking companies.

Crappy way to force a business that pays taxes and salaries to move their operation to another state. STUPID STUPID STUPID
State of Massachusetts doesn't care.

When the state doesn't have enough money, they just take more.

Absolutely pathetic that individuals think they can tell business what they can legally sell.

Seriously. Those are sprouting up everywhere it seems
yes. they are..

I'm working on 2 right now.

S&W can just move AR production to ME where they build the 22 simi auto pistols and 1911's. This will put a bunch of temp productions workers out of work. There are not that many real S&W employees working on the AR production line. Some may move to ME and the others will be reassigned in the factory.

yes. they are..

I'm working on 2 right now.
I guess that's what they are doing with that golf course.

Back
Top Bottom