• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Banks, Credit-Card Companies Explore Ways to Monitor Gun Purchases

rep308

NES Member
Banks, Credit-Card Companies Explore Ways to Monitor Gun Purchases -
The discussions are preliminary but the move could be a prelude to restricting such transactions

Page 1 WSJ 4/30/2018

Banks, Credit-Card Companies Explore Ways to Monitor Gun Purchases

I have a paid subscription, this is the part that shows up if you don't:
-----
Banks and credit-card companies are discussing ways to identify purchases of guns in their payment systems, a move that could be a prelude to restricting such transactions, according to people familiar with the talks.

The discussions are preliminary but could be deeply controversial. Gun-rights groups have long resisted any effort to monitor which Americans own guns; there are federal laws limiting the government’s use of electronic databases of gun sales.
----
I always try and use cash as I am wary of being tracked for anything related to firearms. People use to think I was paranoid. First guns, then booze, then sugar doughnuts...

So the credit card companies (banks), now think that "they" are the government, and have designated themselves as overseeing & controlling the freedoms of citizens?

Banks can do whatever they please. Private entities. As long as they're upfront about it.
I'm also free to leave and go to some bank that isn't staffed by f***sticks.

I just find it funny how... Citi finances DAPL, a giant liberal ralling cry, but refuses to do business with "new" gun customers (read: we don't want to lose money but want to gain approval by virtue signaling)

It's all about the money. Banks would support the legalization and promotion of heroin to kids if they thought it would make them a net profit.

Gotta wonder what happened to the Cabela's bank when Bass Pro took over. If it's still a chartered bank they could be missing an opportunity not only with CC customers but gun-related companies that are getting their credit cancelled by the virtue-signaling NY banks.

Gotta wonder what happened to the Cabela's bank when Bass Pro took over. If it's still a chartered bank they could be missing an opportunity not only with CC customers but gun-related companies that are getting their credit cancelled by the virtue-signaling NY banks.

IIRC the Cabela's credit cards are now serviced by citibank.

Wells Fargo gets it. From the article:

“We don’t think it’s a good idea for banks to decide what products and services Americans can buy,” Wells Fargo CEO Timothy Sloan said at the bank’s annual meeting last week. “It should not be up to me, to us, to decide that. It should be up to folks following the laws and folks making decisions.”

Banks can do whatever they please. Private entities. As long as they're upfront about it.
I'm also free to leave and go to some bank that isn't staffed by f***sticks.

I just find it funny how... Citi finances DAPL, a giant liberal ralling cry, but refuses to do business with "new" gun customers (read: we don't want to lose money but want to gain approval by virtue signaling)

It's all about the money. Banks would support the legalization and promotion of heroin to kids if they thought it would make them a net profit.

No such bullshit as "private entities" in the US of A, not until they get out of government and lobby train, not until they get bailouts on my dime. Please stop this nonsense.

Every single motherf***er in the boardroom who supports this bullshit should be shunned and ridiculed into obscurity. These are "public trading" companies, yet somehow they are on board with this leftist bullshit? ... I call shenanigans here.

They ceased being private enteties when we - the US taxpayers - lent them a coupl’a hundred billion dollars through TARP.

and don't forget all kinds of laws and exceptions passed. You kamerades will start telling me that Disney is a "private" company that single handedly reformed IP & patents laws to keep Mickey private. ... oh, that shit got voted on pronto, unlike the reciprocity bill that's still on the back burner a year later.

World economy is built on investment banking, BofA, Citi, JPMC, GS, etc are "Systemically important banks" aka if they fail we go into recession.
We should absolutely break up banks and go back to Glass-Steagall but letting giant investment banks fail is a TERRIBLE idea, that would wreck the world economy.

As soon as the banks received a bailout they should have been separated.

And by your logic you should have a say in the lives of anyone who's claimed unemployment

And by your logic you should have a say in the lives of anyone who's claimed unemployment
The bank bailout is a slightly different animal from unemployment benefits. For one, my neighbor receiving unemployment benefits doesn't also have the power to alter nationwide commerce on a whim.

Capital One acquired the Cabela's Club Visa credit cards.

Wells Fargo gets it. From the article:

“We don’t think it’s a good idea for banks to decide what products and services Americans can buy,” Wells Fargo CEO Timothy Sloan said at the bank’s annual meeting last week. “It should not be up to me, to us, to decide that. It should be up to folks following the laws and folks making decisions.”

Too bad Wells Fargo is corrupt in many other aspects. As a former customer who got caught up in the lets close your account and open a new account in your name so we get credit and lets open you a new CC account and not tell you about until you see it on the credit report and then lie and say you opened it on your own. Will never deal with them again.

World economy is built on investment banking, BofA, Citi, JPMC, GS, etc are "Systemically important banks" aka if they fail we go into recession.
We should absolutely break up banks and go back to Glass-Steagall but letting giant investment banks fail is a TERRIBLE idea, that would wreck the world economy.

they DO need to fail when they f*** up. This is the "Socialize loss, privatize gain" shell game. Banks engage in this risky behavior exactly for the reason that they will be bailed out.

To add insult to injury, not only .gov bailed out institutions who could not even keep their paperwork straight, never mind make sound decisions, but they showered bonuses right and left on my and yours dime. These are the same people who are running same institutions today. There is absolutely no incentive to do business any different and we'll be in the same boat soon enough.

So the credit card companies (banks), now think that "they" are the government, and have designated themselves as overseeing & controlling the freedoms of citizens?

Banks and the government are one and the same. They have colluded together to destroy the country from the inside via the Federal Reserve.

Banks are immune from prosecution. HSBC laundered a billion in cartel money and the government let them slide with just fines. It'd be like saying "if you rob a bank for a million dollars, we're gonna fine you a million dollars."

Last edited:
Called and closed my Citibank credit card account on Monday. Told them the reasons why (Re: firearms and related purchases) then received an e-mail survey as to why I closed the account, so I could re-iterate the reasons I won't do business with Citibank and longer.

Back
Top Bottom