Barrios Report

This is from the in the Findings and Recommendations section of the Final Report posted on his blog site: http://barriosblog.typepad.com/barriosblog/2007/04/things_the_comm.html

"We recommend that penalties be established by statutory amendment to the existing law, and that State Police be assigned the duty of making periodic checks of registered guns."

Soon enough MA will become a police state where LTC holders are treated like criminals.

Wait...lemme get this straight. It's okay for them to come to MY home and check MY guns, but it's not okay for the SP to arrest illegals?????

I can't take this anymore.....

Wow. This is unbelievable, even for a left-wing autocrat like Barrios.

How in the name of all that is Holy does this not violate the 4th Amendment? Don't ALL searches have to be supported by probable cause?

Can one of the resident attorneys please explain this?

Well, I guess the $64,000 questions are:

When the armed agents of the state show up to inspect your firearms, what do you do?

Do you let them?

Do you tell them to come back with a warrant?

What do you do when they try to force their way in?

Wow. This is unbelievable, even for a left-wing autocrat like Barrios.

How in the name of all that is Holy does this not violate the 4th Amendment? Don't ALL searches have to be supported by probable cause?

Can one of the resident attorneys please explain this?

Doesn't surprise me at all- Barrios is an authoritarian douchebag that IMO if
in federal power would be worse than someone like Schumer and friends.

-Mike

Well, I guess the $64,000 questions are:

When the armed agents of the state show up to inspect your firearms, what do you do?

Do you let them?

Do you tell them to come back with a warrant?

What do you do when they try to force their way in?

If something like this ever passed I would not be living here anymore, and
that question would not get answered. (at least not by me!) What we have now is bad
enough but if something like that ever passed it would make MA a full blown
police state.

-Mike

a native

I'm a native, born here etc. but we are making plans to depart. I've said this
in other posts, but the laws and suggestions they make are aimed at us.

Police state is just the beginning.

JimB

Looks like Komrade Barrios frequent trips to Cuba has been a learning experience
and hes been picking-up a few pointers from Uncle Fidel regarding government administration.

Looks like Komrade Barrios frequent trips to Cuba has been a learning experience
and hes been picking-up a few pointers from Uncle Fidel regarding government administration.

It's too bad the US doesn't just bar him from re-entry.

-Mike

In case that little Stalinist monkeyprick decides my comment is too dangerous for the proletariat to be exposed to...

"We recommend that penalties be established by statutory amendment to the existing law, and that State Police be assigned the duty of making periodic checks of registered guns."

The last time I heard anything that scary, there were secret rooms and hidden Jews involved.

I see your trip to Cuba has really had an effect on you. This is mind-bogglingly scary stuff, even for a dyed-in-the-wool, leftist gun-grabber like you, Jarrett.

Let me see if I got this straight. The State Police simply don't have the resources to arrest illegal aliens, but now it's OK for them to enter the homes of those citizens who have proven themselves to be the single most law-abiding segment of society, and inspect their lawfully-purchased and possessed property???

What's next? Bedroom Police to ensure no one is engaging in any kind of immoral activity. I'm betting you'd see the absurdity in such a notion.

Moving out of Massachusetts was the best thing I ever did.

Since Massachusetts doesn't register firearms, I'd tell the Trooper "We don't have any," and they offer him a cup of coffee.

Last edited by a moderator:

Since Massachusetts doesn't register firearms, I'd tell the Trooper "We don't have any," and they offer him a cup of coffee.
??? FA-10 ???

MASS STATE POLICE OFFICER: "We are in the neighborood conducting weapons inspections, we need to see all your registered firearms."

NEWENGLANDJEFF: "Ok you can find some shovels in the garage, I'll have the wife make you some sandwiches."

3 hours later....

NEWENGLANDJEFF: "Wait... maybe I put them over there"

RKG is half-right. If you moved here with guns there is no obligation to
"register" them via FA-10 forms... but thats somewhat of a red herring for
most of us.

Also, if you've owned guns here forever, all the ones that were lost in the
"great bird poop incident" are effectively not in the system.

IIRC you can see what the state has "registered to you" in the system
by sending a notarized letter to CHSB. I've never bothered to because
I know pretty much everything I own is in there. One thing that you might
find alarming is that said report will also show guns you bought years ago and
may have sold already. The way the system works it never removes guns from
your "record" apparently... so it is possible for the system to show a given gun
as being owned by say, 10 different people. (At least that is what I've been
told who got the output back from the state)

-Mike

Two hundred years ago, this man wouldn't have lived to see the next sunrise for uttering such stupidity within earshot of most people. They'd have found him hanging by his neck from a tree in his front yard with a sign around his neck that read "Traitor" and his house would have been burned to the ground and his family run out of town.

Today, he'll get reelected to office by the libtards of this state singing praises to him.

EDIT: Someone please warm up the time machine.

You are joking right?

What do you think "registration" is?

Fine point of law:

- Registration means ALL of the item in question get registered. [That's what the Devil is proposing in his new Bill, with annual checkups.]

- Since currently only transfers are "registered" it truly isn't "registration" under the definition . . . but too damn close to it for most of us.

So RKG is technically correct. Most of us don't see it that way, but for some of us who bought guns way before 1998, most of those transactions are no longer "registered" since the state threw the paperwork away.

Fine point of law:

- Registration means ALL of the item in question get registered. [That's what the Devil is proposing in his new Bill, with annual checkups.]

- Since currently only transfers are "registered" it truly isn't "registration" under the definition . . . but too damn close to it for most of us.

So RKG is technically correct. Most of us don't see it that way, but for some of us who bought guns way before 1998, most of those transactions are no longer "registered" since the state threw the paperwork away.

If it has a name, address, make, model and serial number and its saved in a database......it's a registration.....lets not kid ourselves.

- Since currently only transfers are "registered" it truly isn't "registration" under the definition
If I drive up to NH, buy a long gun and bring it back to MA I have to fill out an FA-10. There is a box on that form labeled "Registration". It is not recorded as a transfer, but as a registration. If that isn't gun registration I don't know what is.

I would also suggest that reporting a transfer via the FA-10 form includes the registration of the firearm itself. MGL C233 S20d even refers to gun registration violations.

but too damn close to it for most of us.
Agreed. Personally I find it at best a distinction without a difference.

Thanks.

Gentlemen:

The real distinction is as follows:

- People moving in don't have to file any forms. The state doesn't know what they own as they move here.

- Guns bought/transfered/moved here prior to the magic dates of 1998 (private transactions) and 1986 (dealer transactions) aren't registered with the state.

"Registration" would (in a legal sense) mean ALL GUNS are registered in a central database.

For many of you, all your guns are in the database, but for many of us they aren't for one of the above reasons.

It sucks no matter how you slice this bologna, but the distinction is still valid as it relates to law.

Actually, I wasn't trying to split this hair, but rather was reacting to the lack of knowledge in Barrios's bill. Legally, "registered firearms" is a null set, so if hypothetically someone asks to see mine, I can truthfully and accurately report "none."

LenS, I hesitate to continue this, but one last point. Just because gun registration in MA is not universal (e.g. not "perfect") doesn't mean it's not registration. Let's just call it partial (or shall I say almost universal) registration.

Kevin & RKG,

We're all on the same page.

It's just the fine line between a legal definition and the reality of MA.

I agree we should continue beating this dead horse.

BTW, I think Barrios is too stupid to realize that the current registration scheme is broken . . . and I really don't want to give him the opportunity to have us all account for our possessions annually, allow for the MSP to search our homes, etc. that he'd like.

Kevin & RKG,

We're all on the same page.

It's just the fine line between a legal definition and the reality of MA.

I agree we should continue beating this dead horse.

BTW, I think Barrios is too stupid to realize that the current registration scheme is broken . . . and I really don't want to give him the opportunity to have us all account for our possessions annually, allow for the MSP to search our homes, etc. that he'd like.

Agree with Len's above statements. The state has stuff on me from the guns I have bought here since 1997. They don't know what I brought with me and quite frankly I don't want to tell them. The only people that go thru something like this now are the NFA weapons guys and dealers. Barrios either IS this stupid or has alterior motives for doing this. Seems to me that Barrios would be more happy in a nice poice state somewhere.

Joe R.

Back
Top Bottom