Bass River 2/5 Rifle match FULL! SEE POST #5 for list & standby list

It was Virginia Count with a 20 round limit for 15 scored hits. So we got 5 extra shots without the 'extra shot' penalties; shooting the 6th extra would have gotten 1 'extra shot' penalty.

Shooting a star at 100 yards was fun. Different, but fun. Thanks Tim and everyone else who put on and helped out. Always good to see everyone.

Great match with tiny targets to make us AIM. No hosing but I prefer it that way. I would like to shoot all three stars at 100 yds, but the reset time would probably make such a stage too long. It was a lot of fun to spend a day shooting with good friends at a beautiful club. Thanks to all at Bass River who made it possible.

It was Virginia Count with a 20 round limit for 15 scored hits. So we got 5 extra shots without the 'extra shot' penalties; shooting the 6th extra would have gotten 1 'extra shot' penalty.

Read 9.2.3 and 9.2.3.2 Dave, Not truly the way Virginia count would work.

Great match, great stage, would like to do it again

Last edited:
I am already thinking of things to do for a three gun match...

As for the scoring change on steel stage. Many score sheets did not break out paper vs steel misses, so I went with the 5 non penalty misses.

I think the best way to score that stage would have been straight Comstock, with a maximum time.

Only way to do that is specify at the beginning that the match is NOT a USPSA match.

Comstock is defined as unlimited time, unlimited shots. 9.2.2

The idea of max time is a good one but it needs to be done as an outlaw match

Only way to do that is specify at the beginning that the match is NOT a USPSA match.

Outlaw 3 gun is fun. Much more "freestyle" too!
When are you planning this, Tim?

USPSA Rifle Rules, 2009 Edition 9.2.2.2 "Limited Time Comstock"

Outlaw 3 gun is fun. Much more "freestyle" too!
When are you planning this, Tim?
Maybe the April, May or Nov match. When we were talking after the match It got me thinking about timing and those months would work out best. Dec, Jan, Feb work too but iffy on the weather.

http://www.uspsa-ne.org/results/20120205_bassriver.txt

Results posted. If anyone has any video or photos, I'd like to see them.
Thanks.

Here's a few:

(If anyone pictured prefers not to be posted up here, shoot me a PM and I'll pull it down)
e70885f9.jpg

fe93c023.jpg

44cfbd6d.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom