Bass River 2/5 Rifle match FULL! SEE POST #5 for list & standby list

Match Details: First shots at 10am. Shooters meeting is at 9:40.
I will need some help with ROing and scoring.
The plan is to have three, 10 person squads

Targets: All paper targets are "A" zone only. B, C, D are painted as hard cover. Most of the A zones are partial.
Clays are two sizes, regular and small.

Fee: $30.00 includes lunch (chile, drink, etc...)

Stage 1: 15 rounds. 5 Paper, 5 clays. Max distance =15 yards. Comstock

Stage 2: 30 rounds 10 Paper, 10 clays Max/minimum distance =20 yards/3 yards. Comstock

Stage 3: 30 rounds 15 paper Max/minimum distance = 15 yards/3 yards. Comstock

Stage 4: 15 rounds on three inline Texas stars at 100 yards using barricade for rest. Fixed time with no penalties for misses.

So... i did some shooting today with a few other guys to get an idea of par time for cleaning three stars at 100 yards. Best I could do was 68 seconds for 1 star and that was my first of four runs, all down hill from there...ba ha ha. I may need to actually sight in my rifle.

Might be a good idea to have a couple of snow shovels (or a backhoe) at the Star stage to clear a path in the brass between shooters!
Stage 1 =15 rounds
Stage 2 =30 rounds
Stage 3 =30 rounds
Stage 4 =15 to maybe 500 rounds depending on par time!
Sounds like fun!

David E.

So... i did some shooting today with a few other guys to get an idea of par time for cleaning three stars at 100 yards. Best I could do was 68 seconds for 1 star and that was my first of four runs, all down hill from there...ba ha ha. I may need to actually sight in my rifle.

Tim,
You've been threatening to sight your rifle in for years!
Make that stage Comstock, with a maximum time. Either that or score the match "Time Plus" the option is in EZ Winscore.

Tim,
You've been threatening to sight your rifle in for years!
Make that stage Comstock, with a maximum time. Either that or score the match "Time Plus" the option is in EZ Winscore.
Do you think thats a better way to score it? I was gonna put a 2 minute time limit, and do not want penalties as I xo not want people zeroing out on one stage and otherwise having a good match. Know what I mean

Do you think thats a better way to score it? I was gonna put a 2 minute time limit, and do not want penalties as I xo not want people zeroing out on one stage and otherwise having a good match. Know what I mean

I've seen a long range stage set up with multiple paper targets close in, along with the far targets. The paper targets are more or less a "gimme," so nobody zeroes the stage.

Okay, lock the stars, so they are simply plate racks. One rack standing, one kneeling/sitting, one prone, positions in any order. Mandatory magazine change between racks, 60 second time limit. Limit it to 15 shots or not, no penalties for misses, unless of course someone doesn't hit any plates at all.
Keep in mind that few people shoot stars with pistols, let alone rifles at 100 yards. The time of flight is not something easy to figure.

Okay, lock the stars, so they are simply plate racks. One rack standing, one kneeling/sitting, one prone, positions in any order. Mandatory magazine change between racks, 60 second time limit. Limit it to 15 shots or not, no penalties for misses, unless of course someone doesn't hit any plates at all.
Keep in mind that few people shoot stars with pistols, let alone rifles at 100 yards. The time of flight is not something easy to figure.
I'll try it with a pistol at 100 yards.
^.^

Any chance of setting up the stars at 50, 75, and 100 yards?

Any chance of setting up the stars at 50, 75, and 100 yards?

Maybe 100, 80, 70 with some paper thrown in. I'm thinking it through. I switched postion on the barricade and made it firmer and was able to speed up time and get better shots.

Yes a little. BE Sure you are not shooting AP Rounds!

You don't need AP rounds, green tip stuff with a steel penetrator will beat the heck out of it. AP has a hard steel insert. Even some of the Euro ammo that is mild steel will damage it. Have a magnet handy, if it sticks, get different ammo. Simple process done at darn near every rifle shooting match I've been to.

Going to stick with the 100 yard steel shots but have fewer of them.

Also reminding everyone I will need help ROing, scoring, resetting and taping. just like a regular match but more so.

Sorry to say I will not be able to make it either ( ROBERT F ) my mother was just taken today to the hospital she is 83, having heart issues.

Sorry to say I will not be able to make it either ( ROBERT F ) my mother was just taken today to the hospital she is 83, having heart issues.
Sorry about your mom. My grandmother had heart issues at 80, she is 97 now. Hope all turns out well

Thank you, we are supposed to find out tomorrow if they can do anything or not . I really hope it turns out like your Grandmother.

Tim and crew thanks for the great match today, loved the Texas stars and the chili was awesome not to mention the weather was as good as it gets in February!

Thanks Tim and crew for an awesome match! This really threw a little bit of everything at you and no one escaped it's wrath!!

Epic chilli was epic too! (i had 2 bowls!)

I had a great time, those barricades were my surprise favorite of the match!!

Thanks to Tim and the Bass River crew for putting on another great shoot.

(Sorry I couldn't make it out saturday to help setup, I was feeling pretty crappy ended up sleeping most of the day.)

Back
Top Bottom