basspro policy

Does basspro still have / strictly enforce the policy of not removing trigger locks from their firearms?

I just got a ton of gift cards to basspro and then I remembered swearing I wouldn't buy a gun from them because you cant even test the trigger due to this policy.

Also, do they usually have the sig mosquito in stock?

I didnt see it when I was there about 1 week ago (but I have seen the mosquito there...) ... but I'd spend those gift cards at the food stand! I love those roasted nuts and fudge!!

Last edited:
Does basspro still have / strictly enforce the policy of not removing trigger locks from their firearms?

I just got a ton of gift cards to basspro and then I remembered swearing I wouldn't buy a gun from them because you cant even test the trigger due to this policy.

depends who you get I have bought 2 guns from them a ppk which had the lock no bigge and a s&w 629 which once I said I'd buy it it he went and got one in a box for me and I was able to try out the trigger and yes they do carry the sig mosquito

Just buy ammo with them.

Buy the guns from someone reputable..

I do business with 2 or 3 shops that I enjoy.

Firearms are one of the few products where you can often get a far better deal from the independent than the big box store. In fact, Bass Pro knows this and has reportedly excluded firearms from their price matching policy.

On just about anything else (consumer electronics, hardware, tools, etc.) the little guy can't compete against the big stores on price and can only stay in business if they offer additional benefits in the area of location and/or service.

I'm not sure why firearms are different. I can't imagine Bass Pro not being able to negotiate a better price than even the largest of independent shops. Maybe they do, but just insist on higher margin.

I'm not a fan of the basspro gun counter since my last incident.. I would rather go to an independent. I do like their fudge though..

I'm not a fan of the basspro gun counter since my last incident.. I would rather go to an independent. I do like their fudge though..

+1 the guys at the firearms counter have been dickheads to me, so I go to look but not buy, maybe some "little" stuff, cleaning, ammo... and ALWAYS something from the food place!! (i wish we had a fat kid smiley)

Back
Top Bottom