• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Buying ammo at BassPro at Foxboro

Alex9661

NES Member
I was in there last week. it looks like they're locking their ammo up soon.

Never did the online ordering for ammo. I'd expect you show your LTC at pickup.

Has anyone tried buying ammo at BassPro at Foxboro online and picking it up in person and, if yes, how much of a PITA is it?
Currently they have Blazer brass 9mm at $11.99/box, and gift cards can be bought at raise at 9% off.
Links:

I’m 99% sure it won’t allow you to submit the order. Let’s you go all the way to checkout but it won’t process the order if I recall. Obviously you can ship it to NH bass pro

I am in MA just over the CT border. I have both ordered ammo on line and picked it up at the East Hartford BassPro and purchased ammo at the store. I just have to show my CT Non Resident LTC. It was not a PITA at all, it was a smooth deal.

I know they would not ship my online ammo order to my MA address, I had to pick it up in person.

Not sure how it works in MA because Foxboro is a lot further from me than East Hartford.

I tried recently, like the last month or so. I couldn’t get through check out. Reached out to customer service and they said it wasn’t allowed in MA. I said if that’s they case why can I add it to my cart after selecting pick up in store and enter my CC info and all it says is there was an error rather than it’s not allowed. They had no explanation. Target sports is cheaper to begin with and you get 8% off with Ammo+ and will send it to your door. No need to mess with BPS.

Has anyone tried buying ammo at BassPro at Foxboro online and picking it up in person and, if yes, how much of a PITA is it?
It's been a few years since I've done that(pre-covid for sure), but they do it without a problem.
Firearm-related orders are kept separately from the other online purchases, so when you come in, they'll call someone from the firearms department, and they'll bring it out to you. You'll have to show your LTC or FID before they release it to you.

I hope you have a good experience and get value but I am in the camp of they suck.
They seem to suck during regular times. Having seen what regular FFLs did during the covid drought, I think that BassPro is not that much worse; it's just average.

I have in the past at Cableas. It was easy. Order it, wait for the E mail that says it's available to pick up, go to the pick up desk with the receipt you print up.

Oh, when I lived in Mass at the Cabelas

During Covid Cabela's had some ammo on sale that I wanted at a decent price. I was able to order it online and pick it up at Hudson Cabelas.

About 6 or 8 weeks ago that they had some more ammo on sale that I wanted and I tried to order it online and pick it up in MA and it wouldn't let me. I was able to pick it up at the Bass Pro in Hookset plus no sales tax.

Cabela's was much cooler before Bass Pro bought them.

They ask for LTC when buying an empty plastic box.

That is all you need to know.

this is sad but true. I had a gift card so I bought some empty MTM cases and they wouldn’t let me buy them without seeing my license

this is sad but true. I had a gift card so I bought some empty MTM cases and they wouldn’t let me buy them without seeing my license
Same here in Hudson cabellas I bought a few of plastic boxes for reloads and had to show an ltc. I don't give a shit I showed my ltc and they sold em to me. Its just funny it's literally an empty plastic box lol

Currently they have Blazer brass 9mm at $11.99/box, and gift cards can be bought at raise at 9% off.
Links:

Like others have said, you can get cheaper in Littleton. Support a local shop, stop giving big box stores your money. They won't be there for you when you need them.

I remember being in AZ at a small store. By the cigarettes and the usual behind the counter stuff there was .22 and .38 on the shelf.

I hate this state.

I'm not sure how you could be a member on this site , and not know that @KAG Arms is the place for your ammo needs.
He also has good prices on guns. Enough so he has earned my repeat business when I'm in the market.

I also understand why people would use BassBro or Cabelas (which has gone way down hill). Sometimes Littleton is a bit far to travel and they defiantly don't have the same eye candy that my wife or daughter would enjoy while I looked around.

With that said I am in a decent location with some great shops close by. I do try to spread my money around to all of them. I will be at the mill in a few weeks for a reloading class. Hopefully I can work out a quick field trip around the building which will probably end up with me leaving some cash behind at KAG arms.

If this doesn't make sense then BEER.

Bought an afg-2 there last night, they did not card me. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I don’t buy overpriced ammo from there though. Kag arms is the place to go.

I'm not sure how you could be a member on this site , and not know that @KAG Arms is the place for your ammo needs.
i dunno.... i'd just bought a Glock 42 and needed some .380 for it, all he had was this no lead stuff.... i mean, i still bought 2 boxes.... and haven't tried it yet... but.... lead free plastic bullets?

i dunno.... i'd just bought a Glock 42 and needed some .380 for it, all he had was this no lead stuff.... i mean, i still bought 2 boxes.... and haven't tried it yet... but.... lead free plastic bullets?
If he doesn't have what you're looking for ,ask him if he can get it , he's a pretty easy guy to work with.

Back
Top Bottom