battle belts?

This is the second time I've had to come in here and clean up after people having little slappy fights with each other. There will not be a third. Take it to the ring or STFU.

UnSubb'd

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Darth_vader_no.gif

I run a belt which is kind of a last ditch set up, in other words if you had to drop your chest rig/ Plate carreier to stay afloat or move much quicker your belt should provide basic capabilities. Pistol, @ least 2 mags for your pistol, basic first aid, and a knife, dump pouch. I also run one horizontal transition mag for my M4 in the center of my back( this is new, still not sure if i like it). Trying to do all my fighting off battle belt just does not work for me. So my chest rig has the lions share/ i carry 3 M4 mags, 3 pistol mags, strobe, chem lights, compass, CAT, bleed kit, notebook, leatherman, water. This is my CONUS rig. The 2 way live fire in the sand would double my mag count etc.
We used to call it the "mogadishu Syndrome" when guys that wanted to carry 12 M4 mags on their kit. It is a real mobility inhibitor. We saw this early in the OEF, OIF1. My set up is a result of observation and time with various units in Iraq and Afganastan. I am lucky enough to have a job that alows me to go out with them to see how various units were doing things.

Here is mine, still getting it sorted out. I like being able to throw it on quickly to practice dry manipulations. Belt and pouches are HSGI, holster is a raven. One change I am planning is to attach the holster with Malice clips instead of the belt loops to pull it in closer and tighter to the belt.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 114
Here is mine, still getting it sorted out. I like being able to throw it on quickly to practice dry manipulations. Belt and pouches are HSGI, holster is a raven. One change I am planning is to attach the holster with Malice clips instead of the belt loops to pull it in closer and tighter to the belt.

looks good dude.

I've everything about malice clips, except installing them. The only thing worse than that is possibly removing them. Once they're on though, it's nice and snug. If you're not using malice clips you should buy a couple and try them out.

But still........that sword looked friggin badass. Someone needs to come up with molle mount system for it! Your last line of defense CQB weapon samurai sword. I think everyone would take that over the knife on your kit, puts my Al Mar to shame!

You know, I think I might just make one. Of course I'm a few years too late to cash in on the trend fully, but we'll see.

I made a battle belt by accident for very short money.

I had a surplus acu load carrier, that can be had for like 10 bucks on ebay...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MOLLE-II-TA...265?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19e6082a91

I didn't use it and wanted to use the molle panels for another project, so I cut the thing apart and basically you end up with a 2.5 ft length of double row of molle with straps sewn to both sides, I cut strapping to appropriate lengths and bought a plastic buckle at walmart for 68 cents. I now have a ghetto battle belt for next to nothing. Unfortunately, I only have a finished pic, but you get the idea. Not bad for something I came across by accident.

bb.JPG

Last edited:
IMO and experience:

The dump pouch should be centered on the back. 1) So it can be reached with either hand 2) So it doesn't swing wildly when moving

i have mine at 7-8 o'clock. my ifak is directly at 6 so i can grab with both hands and i don't like even that there because it gets in the way while driving a vehicle.

i have mine at 7-8 o'clock. my ifak is directly at 6 so i can grab with both hands and i don't like even that there because it gets in the way while driving a vehicle.

I put mine (dump pouch) at 6 because it's normally empty and doesn't interfere with sitting in a chair or driving. I don't have an IFAK on my belt though.

Being able to drive with your belt on is a good point for others to try.

I put mine (dump pouch) at 6 because it's normally empty and doesn't interfere with sitting in a chair or driving. I don't have an IFAK on my belt though.

Being able to drive with your belt on is a good point for others to try.

I drive with mine err'day. Not as sexy as a battle belt though. We just call them duty belts. Hahah

You make a great point though. Also, try falling backwards on a magazine or something... it's not fun. I keep the backside of all my belts clear when possible.

I made a battle belt by accident for very short money.

I had a surplus acu load carrier, that can be had for like 10 bucks on ebay...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MOLLE-II-TA...265?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19e6082a91

I didn't use it and wanted to use the molle panels for another project, so I cut the thing apart and basically you end up with a 2.5 ft length of double row of molle with straps sewn to both sides, I cut strapping to appropriate lengths and bought a plastic buckle at walmart for 68 cents. I now have a ghetto battle belt for next to nothing. Unfortunately, I only have a finished pic, but you get the idea. Not bad for something I came across by accident.

View attachment 89729

It was designed to do that. It was never put in the manual. Good find.:

I drive with mine err'day. Not as sexy as a battle belt though. We just call them duty belts. Hahah

You make a great point though. Also, try falling backwards on a magazine or something... it's not fun. I keep the backside of all my belts clear when possible.

That's one of the best things about a drop holster - opens up a lot of real estate on the belt, especially for skinny bastards like me. They might look silly, but they're VERY comfortable. Don't know about sitting in a vehicle, but sitting in a boat for hours and hours on end, it makes all the difference in the world.

Me and the gf are gonna strap ours on and bust some caps off the deck for the ball drop, 'Murica mutha****as!

Nope. Armour slows you down. In my time, we just had those very annoying and bulky shrapnel protection vests. Not exactly stealth, I can tell you that much. We even avoided to wear helmets when we could. Berets look better anyway.
What can I say? Got wounded twice, once in the face, once in the ellbow/forearm. What good would armour have been in those cases anyway?
In my last 3.5 years of service, I would rather carry more food and water than anything.

Just curious, How do you go about getting whacked in your elbow while moving forward? You were moving forward weren't you, or is that just a Marine thing?

I'm putting together a new belt to replace my old Alice LBE setup [smile] probably going to pick up a SpecOps Mollee Knife Sheath for the Becker BK2 and add that forward of the pistol.

HSGI Suregrip padded belt and inner 1.75” COBRA Rigger Belt
bb3.jpg

GCode XST Holster - Condor Rip-Away EMT Lite Pouch - EGL Loppy Dump Pouch
bb1.jpg

2 SDS Pistol Mag pouches w/Kydex - SDS AR Mag pouch - SDS 1qt canteen
bb2.jpg

nice rig dude

as promised i put a much smaller IFAK on mine, its an SOE compact tear off. i need to get some short malice clips but you get the idea.

Back
Top Bottom