Be aware of Flint Armament Fall River MA

Status
Not open for further replies.
So people "instructed" you to go to the ATF, the press, pro gun forums, etc. etc. to destroy a dealers name. You won't find much help here. Not the right way to go about it! Sayin s**t like that sickens me [puke] Good luck telling the press you got a bad gun!

He should report the incident to the police. Be sure to bring the gun into the station so that they can inspect it for you. [laugh]

When someone first gets their license. They should not run out & buy something without doing a little homework & shooting the model IF possible.

Before I got my license. I read as much as I could articles, books & such... I talked to hunters, Cops and other gun enthusiasts as much as I could... Having 2 tears & 1 mouth, I LISTENED twice as much as I talked or asked questions.

Which I believe has helped me through the years...

Buying a firearm is not like buying an article of clothing... A little research goes a long way...

because they just dont think before they post

I'll agree there, but I feel like I'm comparing the difference between cannon-balling the deep end and peeing directly into the pool from the edge?
One gets a couple of people angry and some people laugh and the other just gets you ostracized by anyone and everyone for the rest of your life!

I don't care who told you to come in here and do that, but it's all you that's going to take the heat.

The very first gun I bought (Glock 27) I took apart and put back together, first time shooting at AFS in Attleboro the gun jammed everytime. Talked to a guy there (Gabe) and he took it apart cleaned it and put the triger back together the right way (I screwed it up because I was clueless) Gun shot great but I couldnt hit the paper so I went back to Gabe and asked him how I should adjust the sights. He asked how long I had the gun, told him I just got it (used) He proceeds to put 6 in a row dead nuts bull! Hands it back and tells me the gun is fine. He even helped me with my shooting.

Moral = Its easy to blame it on someone or something else, could be the operator? Just saying.

It was a Walther PPK and I shot it at our club when he brought it and had issues. The gun does not function correctly. I actually spoke with Roger at the NRA banquet and during that conversation brought up the problem this young man was having with the gun and he was supposed to bring it on Saturday for the gunsmith to look at it. Roger stated to me that he would take care of the customer and it would be resolved. He stated that he would not be there on Saturday but Art would and he would have him take care of it. I am not sure what happened since that time but it appears that the issue still lingers. This is not a lame made up story and the young man is pretty bummed his first gun purchase went poorly. I will check with Art to see if this can have a better resolution.

It was a Walther PPK and I shot it at our club when he brought it and had issues. The gun does not function correctly. I actually spoke with Roger at the NRA banquet and during that conversation brought up the problem this young man was having with the gun and he was supposed to bring it on Saturday for the gunsmith to look at it. Roger stated to me that he would take care of the customer and it would be resolved. He stated that he would not be there on Saturday but Art would and he would have him take care of it. I am not sure what happened since that time but it appears that the issue still lingers. This is not a lame made up story and the young man is pretty bummed his first gun purchase went poorly. I will check with Art to see if this can have a better resolution.
Thank you,
I was not trying to slam the name so i deleted my first post and i should better display my words it seems so ill think about it more i was just trying to give the story as best as possible. Multiple people told me to post it on here apperatly i may have done it wrong

You have every right to post a negative dealing with a dealer when you have one. I am not exactly a Flint Arms supporter but just want to make sure your first gun purchase works out for you. You were very upset when I spoke with you after the Bullseye match last week and tested your gun and I can understand your frustration.

There is no incentive for a local business to treat a consumer unfairly. But it seems odd that the dealer offered only 50% refund? Especially if the buyer is going to, in all likelihood, select some other product from their store.

There is probably a little more to the story. My guess is this will be resolved to the OP's satisfaction.

All this over a FTF?!

[laugh2]

NO. The gun will fire one or two rounds and the slide locks back. It does it sometimes if you manually rack it. I was honestly skeptical at first when he mentioned it and thought he was limp wristing causing a FTF when he described the issue at first. :) Members of our team were there to help him but it turned out to be a gun issue and not human error.

You could not give me a Walther, sorry not a fan of the product.

Sorry OP, you did not handle this properly IMHO

If the spring is missing you can tell by turning the gun upside down without a mag and racking the slide back and forth. If it locks back then gravity is doing it. No spring!

I bought my first gun from flint about a year ago. Got a new Kahr PM40. I haven't had any issues with it but of course I made sure to throw 200+ through it to break it in and test it out before considering it reliable. A key thing to do with any personal protection gun. Had great experience with them. They were knowledgeable, good inventory, and had a welcoming atmosphere.

If the spring is missing you can tell by turning the gun upside down without a mag and racking the slide back and forth. If it locks back then gravity is doing it. No spring!
That was the problem there was no v spring when i took it appart to clean it the slide lock feel right out

I bought my first gun from flint about a year ago. Got a new Kahr PM40. I haven't had any issues with it but of course I made sure to throw 200+ through it to break it in and test it out before considering it reliable. A key thing to do with any personal protection gun. Had great experience with them. They were knowledgeable, good inventory, and had a welcoming atmosphere.

I put 200 + with differnt brands of ammo as well i was closer to 300 before i was just too feed up with it jamming

Imagine my surprise when I return from a day of trying to put the finishing touches on our second location in East Freetown to find this controversy playing out.

Flint Armament started as a dream. A dream to be the best outlet for shooting sports enthusiast. We feel that with our billboards, television advertising and community outreach it puts a softer face on the sport.

We maintain a large inventory ($1 Million+) to better serve our customers. Over 2,000 of them know us to be honest, hardworking and dedicated.

I am not certain if this is "Silverfox" but a walther PPK/s was sold to a young man from NB. This gun malfunctioned and was brought in. Mike, Our gunsmith was not here at the time and the owner declined to leave it with us for repair on several occassions.

During a discussion with CStockwell at the NRA banquet on the 19th, he told me about this firearm. Since he and the gun's owner had been in contact, I told him to have the person come in and we would take care of it.

On Saturday, the firearm was brought in, the owner STILL did not want to leave it. Mike, our gunsmith told the owner that we cannot fix it if we don't have it to work on. The owner eventually agreed to leave it to order parts and repair.

According to Jason, there was no discussion of trade-in's, refunds or anything such as that so I cannot imagine why a discussion about percentages even existed.....

As for the "competing gun shop" that is inciting this new shooter to post what apparantly was an extrememly derogatory statement....tsk tsk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom