Bedford, Mass., woman dead, man fights for life after woman says she shot her parents, DA says

Amputee Marksman

NES Member
Right down the road from the house I lived in when I was going to HS. Less than 2 miles from where I live now.

BEDFORD, Mass. —
A woman is dead and a man has life-threatening injuries after a double shooting in Bedford, Massachusetts, according to the Middlesex County District Attorney’s Office.

District Attorney Marian Ryan said police received a 911 call just after 9 a.m. from a Washington Street resident saying a woman who lives in her home told her she just shot her parents.

"The woman went outside, located a car on an adjacent lawn, and inside that car was 56-year-old woman, also a Bedford resident, who was pronounced dead on the scene, and a 56-year-old man who was transported to a local hospital with life-threatening injuries," Ryan said.

The suspect was identified as Jessica Cavallaro, 24. She was arrested and charged with one count of murder, two counts of assault and battery with a dangerous weapon causing serious bodily injury and unlawful possession of a firearm.

Ryan said her office has not confirmed the couple is in fact Cavallaro's parents.

Cavallaro lives with her significant other at a home on Washington Street, and her parents live elsewhere in Bedford, Ryan said.

Carvallaro will be arraigned in Concord Thursday afternoon.

Mass. woman dead, man fights for life after woman says she shot her parents, DA says

Damn. That one is close to former home.
Chief went from a mostly sleepy town to a murder scene.

When I was in HS the couple across the street (this was on Hancock St.) had an adult son who was mentally challenged. The old man shot and killed the son and then self deleted himself. They had a bunch of dogs and the first thing the wife did was get rid of all the dogs almost immediately.

I'm very confused. So the 24yo shot her parents that were in a car at the house NEXT TO where she is living with her SO and some other woman???? It would be great if we knew it was a half-way house or 3-family or what. And where did she get the gun????? Why was mom and dad parked next door?

(video shows a raised-ranch neighborhood. ????)

I'm almost 56. With a 25yo and 27yo daughter. LOL

I'm very confused. So the 24yo shot her parents that were in a car at the house NEXT TO where she is living with her SO and some other woman???? It would be great if we knew it was a half-way house or 3-family or what. And where did she get the gun????? Why was mom and dad parked next door?

(video shows a raised-ranch neighborhood. ????)

I'm almost 56. With a 25yo and 27yo daughter. LOL

Washington Street is primarily a single residence neighborhood. Mostly ranches, capes, splits, raised ranches except for where tear downs have happened. No 3 family, duplex or half way houses as far as I know. This neighborhood is not considered "upper" class in Bedford and used to be one of the more affordable places in town.

When I was in HS the couple across the street (this was on Hancock St.) had an adult son who was mentally challenged. The old man shot and killed the son and then self deleted himself. They had a bunch of dogs and the first thing the wife did was get rid of all the dogs almost immediately.
Getting rid of the dog happens after a murder in Canton, too.

If only there was a law that we could pass, a law that would prevent people from breaking current laws, I'll need to ponder this today....................

My condolences to the deceased. The shooter has known mental health issues so not entirely out of the blue.

She appears as though she might be a bit " Challenged ".

The shooter has known mental health issues so not entirely out of the blue.

Attended the BHS graduation last night and a couple of the parties after. The general conversation was that she is crazy/disturbed and had heated disagreements with the parents. People more in the know about the situation while shocked were not surprised. Boy friend was getting trashed for giving her access to the firearms.

There is a Lizze Borden aspect to this story. "Lizzie Borden took an axe / gave her father 40 whacks / when she saw what she had done / she gave her mother 41."
Incidentally Borden was acquitted after her trial.

She looks more 14 than 24. Wow. I bet she gets carded for everyting.

There is a Lizze Borden aspect to this story. "Lizzie Borden took an axe / gave her father 40 whacks / when she saw what she had done / she gave her mother 41."
Incidentally Borden was acquitted after her trial.

"Mom" (not the momma!) got hit first. And it is questionable whehter she did it. She definiltey KNEW who did it, but it was a coverup.

Just as a "WTF", when her and the sister moved out of the house and up to the Highlands (the swankier part of town her dad would not live in), they put bars on the first floor windows. In the 1890's. In a wealthy neighborhood. The only house to do so. Almost as if. . . . . there was a killer out there they feared.

Well that's going to be an issue for him.

My wife told me about this yesterday and mentioned that she had gotten the gun from the boyfriend somehow. She then said " so that's a problem right - that girl shouldn't have even had access to the safe if it was stored there?" Yep - that's correct , I told her. The boyfriend is in for a world of hurt if the DA chooses to go after it - that girl shouldn't have had access to that gun and he shouldn't have had one if he's not licensed and he shouldn't have gotten a license if HE has mental health issues. Just from the brief description I sort of figured that the shooter likely had mental health issues - and WTF is this guy doing with this chick if he's not got a screw loose himself.

My wife told me about this yesterday and mentioned that she had gotten the gun from the boyfriend somehow. She then said " so that's a problem right - that girl shouldn't have even had access to the safe if it was stored there?" Yep - that's correct , I told her. The boyfriend is in for a world of hurt if the DA chooses to go after it - that girl shouldn't have had access to that gun and he shouldn't have had one if he's not licensed and he shouldn't have gotten a license if HE has mental health issues. Just from the brief description I sort of figured that the shooter likely had mental health issues - and WTF is this guy doing with this chick if he's not got a screw loose himself.
Exactly. And they were not sterilized, it sounds Nazi like, but my God.

My understanding of this:

1. The boyfriend had an LTC
2. No indication of mental issues with the boyfriend
3. Father was bi-polar. Daughter has mental issues although the specifics of them was not mentioned
4. Having a girl friend with mental issues. Tough call. I once dated a bi-polar woman. Ended badly, would never do it again however at the time it started I was absolutely uneducated on what I was getting myself into.

Back
Top Bottom