Beretta 92 Red dot Sight mount

Has anyone installed a red dot sight on their beretta 92fs? I just ordered a rail from Sight-Mounts (link below) and plan to have a gunsmith install it. I’d like to hear any success or failure stories with putting a red dot sight on their fs.

Yes the LTT red dot ready slide would be a great option. But man then I would be well over a grand into this pistol, and at that point I should have just bought one of LTT or Wilson Combats Berettas. That would be a hard pill to swallow!

My big concern is the (?correct terminology), locking block piece that rises up from the slide, having enough space under the rail. I guess I will see when it arrives, and report back.

I bought a M9 from Four Seasons in March and had Langdon Trigger job in bag installed with new trigger, Wilson spring and guide rod, Beretta extended mag release and VZ grips. I probably should have just bought a LTT especially since I can't upgrade the sights.

Has anyone installed a red dot sight on their beretta 92fs? I just ordered a rail from Sight-Mounts (link below) and plan to have a gunsmith install it. I’d like to hear any success or failure stories with putting a red dot sight on their fs.

to mount a chunk of metal, then a picatinny rail on top of it, then a red dot with a rail adapter is a HORRIBLE idea. you put so much weight on slide.
if you really want it - get it milled, or get a pre-milled slide, which is the best idea, so you could swap it when you wish.

I bought a M9 from Four Seasons in March and had Langdon Trigger job in bag installed with new trigger, Wilson spring and guide rod, Beretta extended mag release and VZ grips. I probably should have just bought a LTT especially since I can't upgrade the sights.
I got my FS from for seasons for a steal!! Love that shop. I'm still kinda in the same spot. I put WC ultra thin grips, ext mag release, mag guide, then Beretta SS threaded barrel w compensator, skeletonized hammer, and steel trigger w new D spring. Prob a grand or so into it already. Although I got all the beretta stuff during sales and using those 0% 4 payment plans so the sting wasnt too bad. Ill report back how this sight works out.

to mount a chunk of metal, then a picatinny rail on top of it, then a red dot with a rail adapter is a HORRIBLE idea. you put so much weight on slide.
if you really want it - get it milled, or get a pre-milled slide, which is the best idea, so you could swap it when you wish.
It's my first firearm I'm upgrading, so this won't be my first or last HORRIBLE idea. I'll let y'all know how it goes!

I got my FS from for seasons for a steal!! Love that shop. I'm still kinda in the same spot. I put WC ultra thin grips, ext mag release, mag guide, then Beretta SS threaded barrel w compensator, skeletonized hammer, and steel trigger w new D spring. Prob a grand or so into it already. Although I got all the beretta stuff during sales and using those 0% 4 payment plans so the sting wasnt too bad. Ill report back how this sight works out.
I'm probably into the gun for $1100, paid $649.0 for stock M9 which seems cheap now. Carl is advertising them for $699.0 now

I snagged a trijicon dove tail plate for mine.
But, kinda tweaked it on install. So I'll need another.
I liked the sight mount idea at first, but with a pic rail conversion for the dot, it'll be crazy high

Pic rail is the worst option for mass and offset, and any dovetail option is going to be sub optimal BUT it's a cheap way to see if you like shooting with a dot.
Best options: you can send your slide to Langdon for $350, or buy a Langdon slide for $600, or wait for Beretta to start selling their RDO slide separately.
PS. I've had Landgon mill an Inox slide, and I've also put an LTT slide on a new 92X frame

I was about to send my slide in to get done, then I found this video.
Going over the modifications they do.
Also, there is a pre requisite list of what slide you can send in.
It can't be just any slide

It's what made me choose the trijicon mount.

View: https://youtu.be/cjq_DFKfcOY

also for the cost of buying a slide, you can get a whole gun straight from beretta with their system.

Just gotta wait for them to develop the plates for it

I was to go to the LTT route, FS slides can not be converted or used, cause of the firing pin block unless something has changed. LTT website states standard M9 and FS pistols can't use his slide either. If you can provide information to the contrary, I would appreciate it. Running stock irons in Bullseye SUCKS. I can't afford a .22 racegun that others at the meet are using.

I was to go to the LTT route, FS slides can not be converted or used, cause of the firing pin block unless something has changed. LTT website states standard M9 and FS pistols can't use his slide either. If you can provide information to the contrary, I would appreciate it. Running stock irons in Bullseye SUCKS. I can't afford a .22 racegun that others at the meet are using.
You can put his slide on your FS or M9. Won’t work on the 92s or 92A1.

From the LTT website:
Compatibility Specifications:
Our slides will work on any 92 FS (9mm) and later model pistol including Beretta's M9A4 and 92X RDO, WC Brigadier Tactical, M9 and M9A1s - the only known exceptions that are not compatible are the 92A1 and 92S pistol frames

You can put his slide on your FS or M9. Won’t work on the 92s or 92A1.

From the LTT website:
Compatibility Specifications:
Our slides will work on any 92 FS (9mm) and later model pistol including Beretta's M9A4 and 92X RDO, WC Brigadier Tactical, M9 and M9A1s - the only known exceptions that are not compatible are the 92A1 and 92S pistol frames
92A1 has a different recoil spring set up which is why.

I would not go with that setup. It puts the red dot up very high, I would send my gun to Langdon Tactical instead.

Back
Top Bottom