• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

First red dot....

Again, back to my comment that all guns should be reliable functional tools

Toys are for airsoft bois

I Remember a Time you could build decent AR for $500 are you telling this old timer those days are over!?

It is a functional tool for playing at the range, your BAIS are just larper play for your fantasies. Its just dress up time for the range

It is a functional tool for playing at the range, your BAIS are just larper play for your fantasies. Its just dress up time for the range
Careful with that edge it’s sharp
Amazing even if people want to be prepared and train, you still need to piss on them

Maximus operatus over here

Take his word as gospel, for he’s an NES shooting star

I have no idea, but I’m not worried about it if mine goes down in a fight I hope I never have to get into in the first place

Not sure how many rifles are used in SD the only case I can recall is rittenhouse

Many many rifles are used for home defense. There was also the guy who grabbed his AR and ran out to confront a church shooter.

Hope to never have to use mine in any form other than fun
But it’s there for defense first fun second

No matter what a poser LARPer I am I own guns cause it’s not only right it’s my duty as an American to do so

Now to find a tactical backpack for my Cpap machine

I know you have skills and are not a larper. I’m not against Buis.

But please tell me some stories about primary optics going down to where you needed buis?

I want to believe…
It’s just good doctrine. You have guys here with zero experience on these rifles, why tell them they’re being idiots for spending an extra 50.00 dollars to plan ahead and trying to cover simple things that can break or go wrong. Doing that you’re just setting them up for failure because they won’t know any better.

If they weren’t a needed fallback plan the entire military would get rid of them.

I think sometimes people here use the excuse of “its just larping bs” or “I won’t ever need it my 50.00 RDS is infallible” just so they don’t feel like a skinflint with no real experience to back it up. They convince themselves nothing bad will happen and their shit set ups will work flawlessly.

I ve seen the best guys make deadly mistakes and I’ve seen the best equipment shit the bed when you need it most.

Look if someone doesn’t want back ups that’s fine and it’s their deal, go forth and good luck, but no one should be telling a guy who’s new to the rifle system that they won’t ever be needed and that their chinese technology won’t ever fail. It’s just a mindset of always having a back up plan. Right wrong or indifferent the real world doesn’t care and will f*** you the first time she gets a chance.

Careful with that edge it’s sharp
Amazing even if people want to be prepared and train, you still need to piss on them

Maximus operatus over here

Take his word as gospel, for he’s an NES shooting star

Just the ones that say "every gun is a tool" "You got to be prepared" "you have to have BUIS"
Tactical timmies. guns are serious business

It’s just good doctrine. You have guys here with zero experience on these rifles, why tell them they’re being idiots for spending an extra 50.00 dollars to plan ahead and trying to cover simple things that can break or go wrong. Doing that you’re just setting them up for failure because they won’t know any better.

If they weren’t a needed fallback plan the entire military would get rid of them.

I think sometimes people here use the excuse of “its just larping bs” or “I won’t ever need it my 50.00 RDS is infallible” just so they don’t feel like a skinflint with no real experience to back it up. They convince themselves nothing bad will happen and their shit set ups will work flawlessly.

I ve seen the best guys make deadly mistakes and I’ve seen the best equipment shit the bed when you need it most.

Look if someone doesn’t want back ups that’s fine and it’s their deal, go forth and good luck, but no one should be telling a guy who’s new to the rifle system that they won’t ever be needed and that their chinese technology won’t ever fail. It’s just a mindset of always having a back up plan. Right wrong or indifferent the real world doesn’t care and will f*** you the first time she gets a chance.

There is life outside the military.

This response is way better than I expected

This is the NES response I was hoping for.

Just the ones that say "every gun is a tool" "You got to be prepared" "you have to have BUIS"
Tactical timmies. guns are serious business
Why own junk? Why even have something in the safe if it’s not reliable?
Ive been in OPs shoes
Owned npap AK
Owned a CETME
And I spent more money trying to make them work than I would have if I bought quality.
I guess some guys can live with harbor freight….

There is life outside the military.
Of course there is, but doctrine and training should be no different inside or out. Life and technology f***ing people doesn’t change.

Again if you don’t want something that’s fine, go forth and god bless you. But you’re giving someone with no experience bad information and the more you shit on the concept of having a simple plan b the more it sounds like you have zero real world experience.

Why own junk? Why even have something in the safe if it’s not reliable?
Ive been in OPs shoes
Owned npap AK
Owned a CETME
And I spent more money trying to make them work than I would have if I bought quality.
I guess some guys can line with harbor freight….

Because that is all someone can afford. So he shouldn't be able to have fun at the range because he doesn't own a "Tier 1" operator gun.

Of course there is, but doctrine and training should be no different inside or out. Life and technology f***ing people doesn’t change.

Again if you don’t want something that’s fine, go forth and god bless you. But you’re giving someone with no experience bad information and the more you shit on the concept of having a simple plan b the more it sounds like you have zero real world experience.

What plan B do you need for shooting at the range? Oh no, the dot died while I was shooting a paper target.

Hey look, that guy is using for his gun for fun....better tell him that his lack of kit will get him killed.

Because that is all someone can afford. So he shouldn't be able to have fun at the range because he doesn't own a "Tier 1" operator gun.
Nope I don’t have a “tier one” operator rifle
But between the wisdom I’ve learned here over a decade and real life experience being frustrated with absolute junk, I can now say the things I didn’t want to hear when I was poor

I think the ultimate poser LARP move is buying cheap stuff to play with honestly

180 Rounds of 5.56 is the same cost as a set of BUIS

Learning to shoot with irons? Priceless

And nobody said he HAD to follow anyone’s advice

Well except you coming off like the god off all things AR optics and BUIS systems 🤣

What a blow hard

Last edited:
I’m going to throw my fire extinguishers out before someone accuses me of larping as a FF.

OP, just take the good advice with the bad advice and let it settle in your head. Find something that works for you and drive on with your learning curve.

Ive never been in the military. But I have trained with some top tier guys.

Lots of cool lessons to be learned.

I’m not going to get into my training, BUT, I will never forget watching the history channel and seeing a guy I trained with being the subject of an interview.

He was a cool and chill instructor. I did not think he was all that until we shot and then the documentary

I’m not going to get into my training, BUT, I will never forget watching the history channel and seeing a guy I trained with being the subject of an interview.

He was a cool and chill instructor. I did not think he was all that until we shot and then the documentary
What I learned was that the real operators were so down to earth. You thought they were not the real deal.

I learned a lot. And much respect for them.

I’m not going to get into my training, BUT, I will never forget watching the history channel and seeing a guy I trained with him being the subject of an interview.

At best I was an average Ranger (mostly I was a knucklehead) but I was blessed to be able to walk with giants. The lessons and the self discipline learned from them still resonate in every aspect of daily life to this day. We learned quick and hard that there is a reason for every single thing they do. It’s the absolute attention to detail that matters, no matter how small, inconvenient or seemingly unnecessary it may seem at the time, and that discipline carries over to life afterwards and helps set guys up for success in civilian life as well.

What I learned was that the real operators were so down to earth. You thought they were not the real deal.

I learned a lot. And much respect for them.
Yup I used shoot with some guys who served and were at the time in the SEMLEC SWAT Team at Hanson rod and gun
The off the cuff stuff they taught me was priceless and I’ll never forget what they taught/showed me.
They were genuinely invested in teaching anything to anyone who wanted to learn with no judgment on experience or hardware
And they drove home the idea of redundancy

I always go back to the semi automatic carry doctrine on magazines
(One is none 2 is one)
I’ve taken what they taught me and other as others, and combine them with Murphys law to come up with my own doctrine

At best I was an average Ranger (mostly I was a knucklehead) but I was blessed to be able to walk with giants. The lessons and the self discipline learned from them still resonate in every aspect of daily life to this day. We learned quick and hard that there is a reason for every single thing they do. It’s the absolute attention to detail that matters, no matter how small, inconvenient or seemingly unnecessary it may seem at the time, and that discipline carries over to life afterwards and helps set guys up for success in civilian life as well.

I learned a lot from the real deal guys what was important and what was not. I was genuinely surprised how simple the lessons were.

I did a shoot a few months ago. Everyone was kitted out.

I was offering some advice and I got shit (old guy, f’ off) but I shot better with no gear.

Yup I used shoot with some guys who served and were at the time in the SEMLEC SWAT Team at Hanson rod and gun
The off the cuff stuff they taught me was priceless and I’ll never forget what they taught/showed me.
They were genuinely invested in teaching anything to anyone who wanted to learn with no judgment on experience or hardware
And they drove home the idea of redundancy

I always go back to the semi automatic carry doctrine on magazines
(One is none 2 is one)
I’ve taken what they taught me and other as others, and combine them with Murphys law to come up with my own doctrine

Holy shit, I saw SEMLEC shoot at Hanson too. 2 retards sighting in their patrol rifles at 25 yards, they shot a birdshot pattern, said "Good Enough" and left.

Everything you have said now makes sense

[rofl]

Last edited:
Holy shit, I saw SEMLEC shoot at Hanson too. 2 retards sighting in their patrol rifles at 25 yards, they shot a birdshot pattern, said "Good Enough" and left.

Everything you have said now makes sense since you look up to these clowns

[rofl]
Lmao man how much to have a session with you? You are definitely the top operator for sure, I’d love to see what you have to teach, Besides snide condescending remarks behind the keyboard. I’m sure too can undo what those before you have weaved

If you really shot with guys I shot with then I know you’re lying 🤣

But please keep spewing your noise you’re earning more of my respect with each reply!

One day I will make a shrine to supermoto and On the shrine I will sacrifice any optic that costs over $200 and isn’t available on Amazon
I will repent for larping and being prepared
And give 10 hail supermoto every time I have an original thought

Soon the forum will follow and we will all hail supermoto, the anonymous operator who saved us from ourselves and put us all in check

Lmao
GFY dude

Lmao man how much to have a session with you? You are definitely the top operator for sure, I’d love to see what you have to teach, Besides snide condescending remarks behind the keyboard. I’m sure too can undo what those before you have weaved

If you really shot with guys I shot with then I know you’re lying 🤣

But please keep spewing your noise you’re earning more of my respect with each reply!

One day I will make a shrine to supermoto and On the shrine I will sacrifice any optic that costs over $200 and isn’t available on Amazon
I will repent for larping and being prepared
And give 10 hail supermoto every time I have an original thought

Soon the forum will follow and we will all hail supermoto, the anonymous operator who saved us from ourselves and put us all in check

Lmao
GFY dude

I'm not an operator, nor do I LARP around pretending I am one.

Yes. But I don't pretend to be something I'm not.
Neither do I
I offered my opinion and it obviously triggers you

Then to find out you’re full of shit anyway
🤣

One thing I’ve learned in my age

There’s a lesson to be extracted from both success’s and failures Of both yourself and others

One day you will grow up and realize the brilliance of enlightenment

Back
Top Bottom