Beretta 96?

I wanted to ask a few questions to any 96 owners. I own a Beretta 92 and I love it. I have seen a new Beretta 96 Inox forsale and I am thinking about it. I have never fired .40 cal. rounds before. I would like something with a little more bang to it opposed to the 9mm. That doesn't mean that I will ever get rid of the 9mm though. What would be the closest to it as far as recoil? I am asking this to 96 owners or people that have shot them because I notice almost no recoil on my 92, but my little PPK/S kicks like hell. Thanks for the help, Anthony

I can't answer your question about the 96, but can tell you that due to the design of most .380s (I own a PPK/s) the recoil is a lot more severe than one would expect from that size cartridge. The recoil spring is also a lot tougher, especially for most women to pull the slide back.

Someone may have a 96 for you to try at the Spring NES Shoot (can't say for sure, I don't own any Berettas). Keep your fingers crossed.

Don't let the recoil stop you from getting the 96 I have both the 92 and the 96 and yes the 40 has more kick to it but the 40 is a bigger round. I think you can handle the recoil also the Inox are not being made anymore so you might want to jump on it while you can.

.40 S&W is "snappier" than 9mm, insofar as muzzle flip and "heat in the hand" perception. All things being equal (same exact gun, but one each chambered in both calibers), the .40 will put some more force straight back into the web of your thumb, and still have some significant muzzle flip. Obviously this behavior will vary from gun to gun, but this has been my experience. It's a fun and lively catridge to shoot, and a good way to climb the "recoil ladder" on you way to larger and more robust calibers.

YMMV.

Thankyou all for your advice. I guess the reason for the question is because I am toying around with the idea of letting my GP100 .357mag go. I am not sure that I will, but I enjoy shooting my auto's more than my wheel gun and I don't want to see it become a safe queen. Eveyone has told me that a .357mag revolver is a must have to a firearm collection but I just keep using it less and less. I have some thinking to do. I don't want to regret it later because it is mint. I guess that if I choose to let it go, it may be easier to have another large caliber so I won't miss the bang.

Back
Top Bottom