Beretta ARX-100 - Experiences?

The price for the Beretta ARX-100 rifle has been dropping, down to below $1000 for free-state versions. Seems to not be a big seller. But for all the restrictions in MA, it's not a bad deal for the money.

Anyone have any experiences they'd like to share with the rifle?

CZ Bren is nice, but makes my bank account cry.
Pullman arms brought one in for me out of state when you could get them for $1300 plus 100ish in compliance work.
They can still be had in that range, but unless you're patient they are 1700-1900 all day.
I've only seen a ARX-100 have no experience with them, but I'd stay away from it based for what can be had for similar prices.
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/790906803 but at that price, I'd just save my pennies a bit longer and get a much better product. Plus as I said they do go on sale for 1250-1350 range moderately frequently. Plus Bren 2 just came out for civilians so that's just around the corner.

Last edited:
OP- if looking to get into a new rifle platform consider parts availability and resale value. while the CZ bren 805's are more expensive, CZ makes parts readily available and resale value is pretty good. on the contrary, aside from the ARX-100's awful ergos, the rifle has shit for resale value and i'm not seeing much in terms of parts availability. there's literally zero aftermarket for the ARX-100. on the contrary companies like KNS precision are making doo-dads for the bren.

i'm fairly disappointed in Beretta for putting this crap on the market. for a company that typically combines reliability, functionality and aesthetics they really laid an egg with the ARX.

Pullman arms brought one in for me out of state when you could get them for $1300 plus 100ish in compliance work.
They can still be had in that range, but unless you're patient they are 1700-1900 all day.
I've only seen a ARX-100 have no experience with them, but I'd stay away from it based for what can be had for similar prices.
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/790906803 but at that price, I'd just save my pennies a bit longer and get a much better product. Plus as I said they do go on sale for 1250-1350 range moderately frequently. Plus Bren 2 just came out for civilians so that's just around the corner.

That's encouraging, thanks.

The compliant folding stock is pinned I assume. How steady is it? Does it rattle or shake, or is it pretty tight lockup? I actually prefer fixed stocks, but a rock-steady adjustable/folding is fine too.

To make it compliant I am assuming the stock and muzzle device have to be pinned. Anything else beyond that?

That's encouraging, thanks.

The compliant folding stock is pinned I assume. How steady is it? Does it rattle or shake, or is it pretty tight lockup? I actually prefer fixed stocks, but a rock-steady adjustable/folding is fine too.

To make it compliant I am assuming the stock and muzzle device have to be pinned. Anything else beyond that?
The stock is rock solid and yes pinned. I only changed it to a MFT minimalist stock (also rock solid with KNS AR tube adapter) and a VLTOR A5 tube because of the weight. The folding stock is over-designed so that it can be sturdy as a folder and changing to the other stock platform shaved a large chunk of weight off of the right.

I just bought this rifle off gun broker. Can someone explain to me how to make it communist compliant because my FFL and I are at a loss.

This gent has nice things to say...but then shoots it for a while. Stock is pretty short and the sights are pretty cheap and too high. He comments on this at the 3:30 mark:

Called and he can do it but he wont accept the rifle from my FFL. I wanna know where Whiskeywon got the AR buffer adapter from. KNS doesnt have it and claims to have never made it.

OP-

-FFL receives a rifle that he cannot lawfully transfer. this isn't some AG regs wishy washy stuff. it's the AWB which is comparatively clear in language.

-most FFL's won't accept firearms from another FFL in MA. they want it to come from the out-of-state FFL directly. i've heard various explanations for this.

-there are very few FFL's in MA who can handle both rifle compliance work and the transfer itself. Pullman Arms in Worcester and Northeast Arms in Peabody are the two that come to mind.

-your best route here is probably going to be 1) paying shipping of the rifle back to the original FFL then 2) have it shipped to either of the above FFLs. Pick out your muzzle brake and how you'd like the stock to be fixed and pay for that work.

--

in terms of the ARX-100 specifically, it's Beretta so you know the build quality will be good. i have heard nothing regarding reliabilty issues. the problems seem to center around ergonomics. please give us a range report and summary. i would consider getting one given my afinity for all things beretta, but when i played with one a few years back didn't feel to great in my hands.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom