Best AR Mag: if ever legal again in Massachusetts

If Massachusetts mag restrictions ever get lifted by the SCOTUS - what type of AR mag would you try to buy by the case?

Pmags? What generation?

AR15 / M4 / M16

USGI Mags? What manufacturer?

AR-15 Magazines

SUREFIRE – AR-15/M16 60RD

High-Capacity Magazines

FN - SCAR Mags

Other polymer mags?

I for one think that the original Colt mags are the best. Who makes USGI mags that are as good as Colt mags?

Do you like Magpul Pmags better?

It would be helpful to include links.

Buying by the case would really only be good for personal use, I think. Buying to resell after a second mag ban may be difficult do to a glut in the market.
maybe some glock 10 mm high cap, already have some but might need more if i build a carbine. saw the 1994 ban coming years before. already fortified all my guns that need high cap before the ban and don't need much

this is one reason the lancers are so popular. with the steel reinforcements the feed lips do not fatigue over time. with the P-mags, a full magazine puts outward pressure on the lips. there's debate as to whether this leads to failure but I am convinced it does because: 1) enough people have reported it and 2) Magpul provides the magazine cover to remove tension from the lips. the snap-on cover puts downward pressure on the rounds and one can see the lips squeeze back inwards when the cap is applied. my understanding is the lancers can be left loaded indefinitely. the lancers also look straight sexy when fully loaded.

Never heard of this being an issue. I know a bunch of guys that store pmags loaded and nobody ever mentioned it. (although im sure with use, anything is
possible)

I always thought those covers were dust covers or something.

Lancers also had a problem where if you dropped a partially loaded mag on the ground, you could break the follower inside the mag.... but they've probably
resolved that by now.

-Mike

Lots of good choices for free people these days. Drums would be at the top of my list

AR Drums would be at the dead bottom of my list because most of them suck. Although Magpul's might be halfway decent.

-Mike

Standard USGI are completely fine... only issues I have had with them were the pos non anti tilt followers, easy fix. I have limited magpul use they are great as well, but if I were stocking up I would get USGI mags from Okay.

Ive come to favor pmag 40s, as reliable as 30s but 10 rounds more fun..

And of course the windowed LR/SR 25s..

Once you have 40 of each on those the windowed pmag 30s are sweet and its also nice to have some of the 5.56 20 rounders too - much more practical for shooting off a rest and easier to carry around or shoot off the ground.

Im a big fan of plastic mags - better to wear a replaceable mag than real gun parts if you ask me but secondly I recently experienced a minor kaboom and the windowed 30 rounder split open and let the pressure out without injury or damage to the lower.

Who-ever mentioned the 15-22 25rnd mags thats a damn good idea as well - hard not to love a 10-22 but when it comes time to mag up 22lr before shooting the S&W setup is where its at. I want to say Midway had them on sale recently under 15 bucks each, have a pile more of those in reserve now too.

Pmags 1st place, OKay's 2nd place......Orlite last place. We won't be able to play with this presently in MA, but I'm curious to see how these turn out to be. A German 60 round quadstack mag.

P mags cheap and plentiful in free states , surefire for ex cap pricey though. Congrats to You and Mrs. on Your escape I wish You the best of luck in Your new chapter.

this is one reason the lancers are so popular. with the steel reinforcements the feed lips do not fatigue over time. with the P-mags, a full magazine puts outward pressure on the lips. there's debate as to whether this leads to failure but I am convinced it does because: 1) enough people have reported it and 2) Magpul provides the magazine cover to remove tension from the lips. the snap-on cover puts downward pressure on the rounds and one can see the lips squeeze back inwards when the cap is applied. my understanding is the lancers can be left loaded indefinitely. the lancers also look straight sexy when fully loaded.
I run 20's which in actual practice become 18... fewer malfunctions if I load back one or two. This has became my practice in all my magazine fed weapons.

Back
Top Bottom