• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Best Functional Reproduction Brown Bess

I actually want to get to the point that I can fire it on target 3 times per minute.

.... then I'll put it on the wall. 😂
If it is rifled and you use the correct size projectile, good luck.

If it is smoothbore, totally doable.

Keep in mind back then they sometimes used undersized balls to make loading easier, but accuracy was sh*t.

Keep in mind back then they sometimes used undersized balls to make loading easier, but accuracy was sh*t.
Luckily the British lined up in crowds so you could just aim in the middle and have a better chance at a hit :) And some would fire along the ground and bounce into the targets.

Unfortunately, your story is consistent with what I've read. The site says "6-8 weeks, but can be MUCH longer." It appears years is the standard wait time now. I'm sure he's a nice guy and I don't wish anyone harm, but I'm not waiting years.
The wait time is not what pissed me off it was that you had to pay up front, After I was sick of waiting for two years and wanted my money back,
he charged a fee to return my money.

Smoothbore! Definitely smoothbore. Even then... I'll need luck. 😉

I went to a Monadnock Car Shoot with mine. I was next to a lot of modern guns on the line. When the order to fire came you heard all the good sounding modern gunfire and one loud THUMP sound as the Bess went off.

BrownBessvPumkins.jpg

That’s really too bad. I actually met the guy. I’m surprised more here don’t know him. He was literally what I would have expected a typical NESer to be. Well until I met a few anyways…

Back
Top Bottom