• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Best price on 7.62x39?

I'm looking for a good price on 7.62 x 39 in or around Western Massachusetts. I have a mind to lay up a case or so. Can anyone point me in the right direction today?

go to Riley"s in Hookset NH $195.00 for 1k of golden tiger. Worth the trip if you buy a couple of cases. Don't buy wolf it is shit......[popcorn]

I just picked up a 640rd Wolf spam can at Cabelas for $125, the 500rd cases that come in the "dry boxes" are the same price IIRC.

ETA: Wolf ammo and all other new Russian ammo has always worked great in my AK.

Last edited:
Yeah, I've probably put 6 cases (6,000 + rounds) of that stuff through my Romanian in the past five years and haven't had one missfire, hangfire or squib load. Yup, real shit....

I have shot maybe 500 rounds and had about a dozen jams, and maybe 1-2 squib.

Yeah, I've probably put 6 cases (6,000 + rounds) of that stuff through my Romanian in the past five years and haven't had one missfire, hangfire or squib load. Yup, real shit....

+1, I never ever had a problem with Wolf and an AK.... or any other ammo with an AK for that matter.

I stove pipe once in a great while using Wolf in an AK and thats considering a 1,000 round case with maybe 5 instances.

I don't advise using it in an SKS because I've had quite a few rounds have a hard primer strike and not go off until a second time, plus a good number of rounds would stove pipe and this is in multiple SKS rifles from my collection.
It is fine for an AK though and thats all I shoot Wolf through.

Oddly enough what I figured to be the crudest and lowest quality ammo, which is Romanian Hotshot, functions fine in all my 7.62x39 rifles. Odd because it has runs on the laquer coated casings.[laugh]

You can get the Romanian in 700 round tins from the NY ammo guys at the gun shows for about $140.

I'm looking for a good price on 7.62 x 39 in or around Western Massachusetts. I have a mind to lay up a case or so. Can anyone point me in the right direction today?

You might give Avid Sports a call. Good folks to deal with out there on rt. 20 - no idea how his stock/prices are on 7.62x39, but might be worth a shot. They're located way out on rt. 20 a mile or so from the NY line. ...And about a mile (the other way) from mi casa. =)

You might give Avid Sports a call. Good folks to deal with out there on rt. 20 - no idea how his stock/prices are on 7.62x39, but might be worth a shot. They're located way out on rt. 20 a mile or so from the NY line. ...And about a mile (the other way) from mi casa. =)

Nice folks to be sure and though I haven't tried to negotiate ammo prices, the ammo I have seen was stratospherically priced....

I stopped in on Saturday looking for an AK. Nothing in stock, but he opened up the door for my son and I (we arrived a few minutes after closing). I'll definitely be back when I have some time to browse.

pats gun shop has 7.62x39 at i think it was $5.65 for 20 rounds. and if youre looking for an ak go up to petes in adams. thats where i got mine.

Back
Top Bottom