• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Best Striker-Fired Handgun and Why?

No one mentioned it was just about self defense carry or home only requirement. So with that in mind. Carry where weight matters, the G19 is lighter, although it looks like Hudson will make a lighter version that is 2 oz heavier than the G19. Reliability is very important, and with hudson it is way to early to say and my sample of 1 is meaningless. But the Gen 4 G19 certainly had its problem, the only gun that I saw eject a case to the left was Gen 4 G19. So that leaves actually shooting the gun, and that is not even close.

You should really try shooting one

No one did mention it, but when someone asks what the best striker fired pistol is and why, i think of Glock, m&p etc etc, with all the intended uses and advantages of a Glock or m&p. Cheap, light, ergonomic, reliable and all the other obvious striker fired polymer gun traits.

I like the Glock because in MA they’re your best bet for prebans. In another state where you can buy whatever magazines you want and prices aren’t inflated I could potentially say MP, P320, CZ or whatever floats your boat.

All the brand name polymer strikers do roughly the same job since they’re common and have available parts and accessories, although Glock stuff is usually a little cheaper and easier to find.

All my Glocks are long gone at this point, but the 19 is by far one of the most versatile pistols out there. Almost any "problem" you have with it has a fix available, sights, triggers, etc. AND they have(overpriced) pre-ban mags available. Not many polymer/striker fire guns do. That said, I really like a lot about my Sig p320c other than the fact that steel cased ammo locks it up tighter than a bank vault. The Springfield XD line is decent, I have one in .45 and really like it. M&Ps never shot right for me and they're ugly as sin, but some people swear by them.

Back
Top Bottom