Big-E Gun Show / March 8 & 9th

Considering going tomorrow. Did anyone notice any Glock 19s, and if so what table they were at?

Thanks

Guns & Gun Accessories - Rows 1 & 2
Sharp Objects - Rows 3 - 10
Militaria - Rows 11 - 99

I spent 4 hours there and didn't get a thing. [thinking]

I took the wife and youngest son. They were bored by the second aisle. [rolleyes]

Picked up a new upper for an AR, a book for newbies to guns for the wife, and a few basic gunsmithing tools.

On the way home we swung by NGE and Hoffmans, our first time to either of them. The guys at NGE were super-nice, just as vouched for here on the forum. Wife got to go hands-on with some compact .45's, which she appreciated.

Ben

From the posts above it sounds like this is a better show than the one in Marlboro. Is that the general consensus here? I had normally skipped this one and gone to Marlboro thinking that was the better show, but I've been disappointed the last couple of times. I guess I'll have to pass on the next Marlboro show and wait for the next Big E show.
-Cuz.

I don't know what show you went to but the one we went to was at least 70% guns which is the usual ratio.

70% guns? A small gun "end cap" on each row, does not mean the entire row contains guns. There were more knife displays than guns and there were more militaria displays than guns. Hell, there were more books than guns.

Maybe I'm spoiled down here in CT, but my local gun shops have more inventory than every vendor at the show combined.

But I had money burning a hole in my pocket!

It was torture!

[rofl]

I hear ya on that one. Nothing worse than having the money to buy something nice and not finding it. Thats what happened to me at Marlboro. I ended up coming home and feverishly searching auction sites before I came down off the gotta get something trip.

Show me the 1 store that has 1/2 the amount of guns and I may believe anything you say otherwise you are full of it. did you go down the isles?
If you don't like a show fine but to make shit up is bs.

70% guns? A small gun "end cap" on each row, does not mean the entire row contains guns. There were more knife displays than guns and there were more militaria displays than guns. Hell, there were more books than guns.

Maybe I'm spoiled down here in CT, but my local gun shops have more inventory than every vendor at the show combined.

I really don't know what show you went to, but what you are stating is not true.I even go up and down the aisles, maybe you're just biased.[rolleyes]
And for the one asking about Marlboro, we went to that one last year, and there is no way I will EVER go back to that one.

Went on Saturday.... the place was packed. I was looking for an '03-A3 for my collection, only saw a couple in the $700.00- $900.00 price range. Little too pricey for me right now. I did pick up a couple of ammo cans, though.

Kingson- You're in Suffield? Do you belong to Suffield Sportsman's Ass'n? I'm always looking for someone to go shooting with..

To claim that 70% of the product there is guns is the exaggeration.

I went up and down every isle. Yes, there was guns, but not nearly 70%. Rifle stocks, mags, and miscellaneous parts are not guns.

There were 800 tables there, and you are claiming that 560 of them were nothing but guns. [rolleyes]

And for the one asking about Marlboro, we went to that one last year, and there is no way I will EVER go back to that one.

What was the problem with Marlboro?

Just got back a little while ago from the show. I went with my Dad and we spent a good 3 hours going up and down the isles. Was a good time, but did have an interesting experience with an FFL when trying to buy a handgun for my Dad. I'll post that experience on a different thread.

It's been said a million times about gun shows, but once again there was way to much Nazi stuff for my taste. Normally I ignore it but a couple of kids bought two nazi arm bands as I was walking by a table. One said the band was "awesome", while the other was trying it on. That kind of crap pisses me off.

Going forward I'm going to stay with going early on a Saturday. I usually run across one or two tables at that time which have a decent deal on something or other. We got there later in the day today and unless I missed it, I couldn't find one good deal.

For me, I like the Marlboro show.

for mass guns shows I like this one and The shriners, marboro isn't my cup of tea, I have been to shows in other states, Danbury in ct and a few up north. I like the variety (parts, guns, accessory's and if I got the percentage of guns wrong sorry about that but the fact is any large gunshow has more guns than Gunshops even Kittery which is likely the biggest in the NE.

For less than $20.00 bucks the wife and I where entertained for 3 hours, I found some parts I have been needing for a build I am doing I saw a few elusive deals (I mean what do you expect free 1K guns? not gonna happen) and today I went back as a dealer was going to bring a part in for me. I did (paid parking and entrance) and still got the part cheaper than I could mail order it and was able to work on it right away.

I have driven a few hours to go to shows and usually enjoy them too.

It all comes down to the attitude you bring with you.

Looked at a couple hi-cap AR mags, ended up buying Complete Owners Guide to AR15s and 3 bottles of hot sauce. This show seemed much better than years past.

It all comes down to the attitude you bring with you.

I go with the intention of not to buy anything but to look around and meet up with whoever. I bring $$$ just in case something catches my eye but it usually doesn't. I just go for a good time. It's nice to just look at guns and schtuff.

What was the problem with Marlboro?

I couldn't get close enough to a table to even look at anything. Too small an area, way too many people crammed in, the only good part was meeting up with NES'ers there.[grin] It's not my cup of tea. I go to the shows to look and have a good time, that is not enjoyable.
Even towards the end of us at the Big E show saturday, when it gets that crammed in the aisles with people, and I can't even get close enough to look,people shoving me around, I am basically then done. I just go to the end of the aisle and wait for Glenn.

Got there on Saturday morning about 10:00..Was quite a few people there but I felt that the show was not up to standards at all..In my opinion there was too much other stuff,not really related to shooting..I just can't see the atraction of the Natzi stuff but it must sell and to each his owne..
Thought that quite a few prices were on the high side:example,,Sigmas priced at $360. to
$399. but try to sell something and see how low the offered prices are..
Somehow I missed the Goal booth as I hoped to meet some of the nice people from this site..

I go with the intention of not to buy anything but to look around and meet up with whoever. I bring $$$ just in case something catches my eye but it usually doesn't. I just go for a good time. It's nice to just look at guns and schtuff.

And this is the point I was making. I go with a list of parts for example, this time I was just looking for buffers for my 9mm AK projects (none found) but found a bunch of stuff for my 1919 projects. (8mm barrel , belt, extractor etc all at better than new retail prices.)

I have found over the years a few gun bargains, (my M17s bullpup for 500.00 a 9mm pistol for 50.00 and a few C&r's)

The show was okay but not like it was years ago when they had enough dealers ( even the beanie baby, leather chaps, and airsoft guys ) to line it up to almost the back of the hall. Still, it wasn't a bad show as I spent the potential economic stimulus money at a "merchant of death " table. I picked up a Glock model 20 ( 10mm Auto ) for $550 in good shape. My Surefire enabler Mike had the P60L heads for my C2 light so he got another $51 of my money for batteries and the light head.

I don't have the problems at Marlboro and prefer to go there instead of driving to Springfield. I know of other people that feel the same way...

Joe R.

I was in Houston a month back and found the Texas High Power Rifle show. Lots of expensive toys. The show next to it was a bikini show with live models. One ticket got you into both shows!

I think after awhile you become jaded and today never lives up to ... Remember that show. Drove an hour and a half w/my son and a friend in the rain, bumped around with more people than I would have liked on sat 11-1.30, mostly nice and polite people. I found some good deals just didn't want to part w/ $700-1200. My son saw a lot of guns from his video games, was surprised at there (games) accuracy. A lot of prices seemed high but it all depends on what you went looking for and how hard you looked. Everything could always be better, I was glad to get out in the rain and see the sights.

Yes it was a good show. The spring (this one) and the fall one are most times the best. I think they have 4 to 6 of them a year there if I remember right.

I found a Galco holster I was looking for (hard to find left handed holsters),and got a good price on it. Bought a few other goodies also.

I wasn't in there to buy a gun (this time) but there was some good prices. I was there for about 5 hours or so and I left at the end of the show (they were kicking us out [smile] ) I didn't even make it to the ammo tent, that's OK, the ammo prices most times aren't that good, I can buy stuff at Dick's or local cheaper most of the time.

Back
Top Bottom