Big E Gun Show = SUCKED!

I went on Sat., the show was dead as far as people going there and dead as far as tables, I was told that this show is on the same weekend as a real big show in NJ or Penn (if I remember right) so most vendors go there. The Big E show is best in Dec (there's about 4 to 6 of them here every year).

I got some real good deals on Mags (pre-ban HC), I got one heck of a real good deal from TombStone on a S&W 22 (with wood ambi target grips) for Deb's birthday present (don't read this Deb [smile] ), and the next table over a real good deal on a hollo sight for it.

A lot of the dealers that I bought from I was able to "talk down" their price and had them include the tax into the price so I didn't pay extra.

There was one guy though that I got some good prices from but he was real shifty, I was looking for some hi cap mags for my 10/22 (I wanted to get around 6 of them), he had two of them at a OK price, wouldn't come down though, keep saying "oh ya can't get these anymore", "these are the last two I have". I ended up sitting down across from him for alittle bit (till my pain pills kicked in), it was real funny to listen to him say that to everyone, they would buy them and walk away, then he would reach under the table and pull two more up. I walked over to him and said "oh I guess those aren't as hard to find as you said", he just walked away from me, it was so funny.

All in all it wasn't a bad show, I just wish they would have what they advertise for dealers there.

Fred bought the whole show, didn't you??? I did not make it. Not worth the time (3 hours driving round trip and pretty much the day blown) and expense ($40.00 for gas, tolls, parking fee and entry fee). Too much yard junk and flea market trash at the last few Springfield shows that I went to. Prices-astronomical too. Relatively low volume of ammo, components and serious dealers. Total rip off IMHO. Do much better at Manchester, Concord and Marlboro. Manchester's coming up this weekend. I hear we'll have some dignitaries there-Greg for one...............

I'll miss this show all together. No one from my area is going up and I really can't afford anything at the moment.
Marlboro had quite a few interesting SKS rifles, were there any at Springfield?

There were quite a few, 2 semi beat up albanians for 350.00 each
one guy walking around with a nice condition but un-matching for 350.00, the usual 500.00 to 600.00 russians, some reasonalby priced
chinese, and on para in a folding stock for 275.00 I think.

Also what I found interesting was what appearred to be a D model chinese. But I think it was a conversion, but done very neatly. I was going to buy it but passed.

Wish you went would have like your opinion on that possible D model.

Except you could've got 6 pre ban sig p-226 mags off gunbroker for $120 without spending any gas or paying an entry fee.

Pardon me for hijacking the thread but how is this possible? Are you saying as long as it was made before the ban we can buy it from any part of the country -or- people from mass are selling them on the auctions? I've had my LTC since march and my sense of bewilderment surrounding gun laws hasn't even started to diminish.[thinking]

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no law federal, state, or local regulating where you buy your mags from.

Note: You may need some sort of import license if doing so overseas, but that's beyond the scope of the subject.

Last edited:
Pardon me for hijacking the thread but how is this possible? Are you saying as long as it was made before the ban we can buy it from any part of the country -or- people from mass are selling them on the auctions? I've had my LTC since march and my sense of bewilderment surrounding gun laws hasn't even started to diminish.[thinking]

You can buy mags from anywhere you want as long as they're
preban if they hold more than 10 rounds.

-Mike

I actually got what I wanted. I was able to snag a few 30rd Factory Ruger mags for my AC-556K Machine gun so I was happy.

cant have enough of those Ruger factory 30rounders.[grin]

Back
Top Bottom